Author Topic: Sledge bros. maps  (Read 1808 times)

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
Sledge bros. maps
« on: April 19, 2009, 12:39:43 PM »
Hey guys,

The new ability to select the sledge bros fights whenever you want is awesome, i am sure that we can all agree to that, but i am wondering whether two wants to keep the three boss stages from AFE or replace those with three new stages.
If so, maybe we can throw together some and suggest them to two, or make a contest like thing of the whole thing if two agrees. (those stages must keep the purpose of the fight though, which means beating the sledge bros the way they should be).

greetings, GG
Requiescat in pace Florian Hufsky.

A great mind and creative person left our world.

Offline SMW Fan

• Global Moderator
  • More Common Poster
    • http://smwfs.webs.com/
Re: Sledge bros. maps
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 10:11:44 PM »
Being able to make any map a boss stage would be better. :)

Offline MrMister

• Forum Moderator
  • Is probably Booman
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 11:03:03 PM »
Holy s*** SMW Fan you are alive! :D

And yea I like the fact that Sledges were brought back, but I think they are fine the way they are now.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • Bowser Only, All Bombs, Dinal Festination
    • http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 11:22:27 PM »
Quote from: "Mr Mister"
Holy s*** SMW Fan you are alive! :D

Of course he's alive. He just doesn't post.

How many times has this been said now...? x_x

Offline MrMister

• Forum Moderator
  • Is probably Booman
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 06:40:27 PM »
I lost count after ten. :|

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 12:01:17 PM »
b2t, I have prepared three examples of different sledge bro maps. They can raise or lower the difficulty of a sledge fight, for sure.
After all i think the "utopean" solution would be to have some sort of level select screen for the sledge brother fights.
Anyways, here are the three maps i prepared, they all represent old Mario locations.

Sledge Brother: Dungeon:
Download

This one is without a doubt a sledge-bro friendly replica of the old Mario bros games.
I thought that the koopas, which run around during the battle, can be seen as shellcreepers, so that's what gave me the idea.

Bomb Brother: Hill:
Download

Well, the yellow sledge bro fight is some sort of Mouser battle, so why not having the mouser boss room for it?

Fire Brother: Volcano:
Download

no explanation needed, i suppose.

those are my suggestions for further sledge bros maps. Again, a level select screen for that mode, featuring the maps of a certain folder only might even erase the questions which ones to put in and which ones not :P
Hope you like em, folks :D
Requiescat in pace Florian Hufsky.

A great mind and creative person left our world.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • Bowser Only, All Bombs, Dinal Festination
    • http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 03:54:37 AM »
Maybe instead of replacing the current maps, we could have the ability to play on any map that supports it?

I dunno how that could be set up though.

Offline Link901

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 07:46:11 PM »
Maybe some sort of map filter feature that tells the game it's for a particular Sledge Bro fight or other minigame, should we put in more. Then, as you add maps, just add the map names to the corresponding filter file.  Though I doubt it could be that easy.
I'd love to see multiple maps for the Sledge Bro fights and the Pipe Minigame, but I think Two's doing more than enough work with 1.8 as it is.