Author Topic: Beta 2 Preview - Boss Difficulty Setting Help  (Read 4054 times)

Offline KingPepe

• Forum Moderator
  • this title came sooner than the last
Re: Beta 2 Preview - Boss Difficulty Setting Help
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 02:52:22 PM »
I've noticed a glitch where after taunting, sometimes the boss might walk but use the attacking animation instead which kinda looks weird.

Quote from: \"JJames19119\"
Times today are just as bad what with the video game market being made up of 80% first person shooters that are 80% brown and 20% black and 100% bloom.

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 03:48:27 AM »
played it, love it. fantastic work on that new installment, two! =D
the sledgebrothers are a cool addition, really love'em, one question though. is it possible to integrate a sledge fight into world mode? it would make an epic ending =D

the game runs pretty smoothly, no errors detected so far. the inclusion of the AFE-sledgebros kinda made me think. why not include the code-items from that one into the game? The boomerang, giant sledge hammer, smb2 fire and the triple hammer shot were all fun-to-use weapons in SMW.

love that "your map has been saved" message in the leveleditor btw =P

i actually might try to make some maps for the beta 2 release, if that's ok with you

EDIT: Love shy guy tag mode :D
Requiescat in pace Florian Hufsky.

A great mind and creative person left our world.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • Bowser Only, All Bombs, Dinal Festination
    • http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 02:33:33 PM »
Quote from: "Link901"
Umm, JJ. The initial items for world maps apply to all 4 players at once. You just pick the items and all 4 start with them.

...then why the hell are there four different areas for items when you're choosing? >_>

Offline Link901

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2009, 04:01:48 PM »
Players have 4 rows of items they can access.

Offline Two52

• Administrator
  • Posts Very Often
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 03:08:57 PM »
Quote from: "General Guy"
is it possible to integrate a sledge fight into world mode? it would make an epic ending =D
Yep, it supports that.  It is game mode id "1001".  Check the 0smw.txt tour file for the details.

Offline Link901

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 09:52:47 PM »
Okay, two things.
First, an offtopic comment.
This preview actually got me working on NSMW again. This truly is a release of epic proportions.
Secondly, we might want to consider using less varying mode numbers for the minigames in the mode ID setup. 32 for the Pipe Minigame and 1001 for the Sledge Bro fights can be remembered, but it just seems weird mixing them in with the regular match mode IDs.

Offline Two52

• Administrator
  • Posts Very Often
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2009, 02:08:58 PM »
If I remember correctly, 1000 is the pipe minigame, not 32.

Quote from: "Link901"
Okay, two things.
First, an offtopic comment.
This preview actually got me working on NSMW again. This truly is a release of epic proportions.
Secondly, we might want to consider using less varying mode numbers for the minigames in the mode ID setup. 32 for the Pipe Minigame and 1001 for the Sledge Bro fights can be remembered, but it just seems weird mixing them in with the regular match mode IDs.

Offline Link901

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2009, 04:32:24 PM »
Hm. I remembered something in a post before about "secret number 32" for a mode. Though that was when you first put it in the game, so it may have been changed since then, who knows.

Offline Two52

• Administrator
  • Posts Very Often
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 05:56:12 PM »
Yes, it changed.  I think it was 25 before, maybe?

Offline Sgraff87

• More Common Poster
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009, 02:02:35 AM »
Whew, I was away for finals so I missed this! I will update this post when I have downloaded this file and reviewed everything.

Offline Jam

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
  • strawberry
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 04:45:25 PM »
small bug:

set your score location to top in eyecandy settings on options

go into a boss minigame

leave it, go into single match or w/e and play a round and the score location is still at the bottom, while the settings in options say it is at the top.

Offline Two52

• Administrator
  • Posts Very Often
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2009, 01:25:30 PM »
Actually, that was intentional.  I force the score to the bottom just for that debug build you guys have.  That is so you can still see the score when the black settings display is at the top.  That "feature" will be removed in the launch build (as will all the settings manipulation code).  But thanks for reporting the bug.

Offline KingPepe

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 02:49:28 PM »
I noticed something odd in Beta 2. For some reason when I set tournament control to random it crashes.

Quote from: \"JJames19119\"
Times today are just as bad what with the video game market being made up of 80% first person shooters that are 80% brown and 20% black and 100% bloom.

Offline JM Dragon

• Stomp Arena Staff
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 11:06:53 PM »
I have an issue to bring up with shy guy tag. When I stomp the other player while I am a shy guy, shouldn't that other player be changed into a shy guy upon spawning (as it is still, in a way, tagging that player)? That isn't what happens at present.

Also, it's a little annoying that the computer likes going after me more than the boss (as that would actually win him the match).

Also also, this should be fixed before release:

played on the newtestworld.

Offline Two52

• Administrator
  • Posts Very Often
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 01:16:02 PM »
Quote from: "Big JM"
I have an issue to bring up with shy guy tag. When I stomp the other player while I am a shy guy, shouldn't that other player be changed into a shy guy upon spawning (as it is still, in a way, tagging that player)? That isn't what happens at present.
There is a game mode setting to adjust this from "Touch Only" to "Kills Only" to "Touch and Kills"

Also, it's a little annoying that the computer likes going after me more than the boss (as that would actually win him the match).
Yeah, the AI hasn't caught up to the new features yet.

Also also, this should be fixed before release:

played on the newtestworld.
How did you get it to give you a fire trail?