Author Topic: [MOD] SMW Landmine Edition  (Read 5846 times)

Offline Open

• More Common Poster
[MOD] SMW Landmine Edition
« on: March 28, 2009, 01:47:30 PM »
Open Presents
Super Mario War
Landmine Edition

Overview:
SMW LE is intended to be a complete graphical remake of the original Super Mario War being created on this site. SMW LE plans to change graphics, sound/music, maps, worlds, tilesets and skins. The theme of SMW LE is space/future, and some could argue it is the future of SMW. Already SMWLE has a new tileset half way completed, new skins, new and remade maps, most graphics remade and new music.

SMWLE Development:
Things have gone slowly. With 1 person working on the mod, things tend to take longer to complete. However, there are 2 people who deserve credits for contributing to this mod:
-Link901
-Muncher
-Ferriswheel42 (music)
I will be accepting graphics by those who present them to me, and credits will be given accordingly.

Current Changelog:
[spoilers:2qonayo4]Beta 3
-New Koopa Skins
-New maps
-New ice block
-New Fireball hazard look
-New egg and Yoshi (thanks to Muncher)
-New P-Wing/jet-pack look (tanks to Muncher)
-new Invincibility look (Red Faction hammer)
-Remade warp-lock
-Remade in-game User Interface (timer box, life/item boxes...etc)
-Remade jail cells
-Remade flag bases
-Remade pointer arrows on menus
-Added to SMWLE Tileset
-Added to world tiles
-Added Florian to credits
-Edited world tiles
-Edited existing maps
-Edited collection cards to match in-game items
-Edited score cards for same reason
-Edited in-game dialog box[/spoilers:2qonayo4]

Screen-shots: (Note: These screenshots are not up to date)
[spoilers:2qonayo4]---------------

---------------[/spoilers:2qonayo4]

Recent Concerning Events:
-During my massive disappearance, I moved my computer and purged most of the things on my computer. During this process, I lost sound/speakers. So don't expect many changes to the sounds/music for awhile. On the good side, I now have access to my computer 24 hours a day, which may in turn mean more progress on this mod.
-Procrastination. I hate it for the most part. I know that I said that there would be a release for Christmas, but then there was a small error with some gfx folders (things went missing/reverted to the old stuff) shortly before final testing stage. After that, I just putting off uploading the folder due to exams, projects, school and, well procrastination. Recently, when going through the gfx folder, I found that the skins folder was missing. I had to download the last updated mod in this thread, and then copy/pasted the skins folder. I think I lost 1 or 2 skins, but nothing big.

On a final note, this mod is [now] in memory of Florian, otherwise this game wouldn't exist, let alone this mod. R.I.P. Florian H.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:52:45 PM by Open »
Dated 72dpiarmy projects] SMWLE (SMW Landmine Edition)
No current projects here... yet.
Free to do graphics/map requests for anyone, just PM me.

Offline Open

• More Common Poster
Re: [MOD] SMW Landmine Edition
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 05:05:26 PM »
A weekly update. New text (the colour will change though), new door spawn, changed up a couple things and got the race boards working.
[spoilers:3txf8ky0]
I know the banners havn't changed yet. They will.

Not much new here.

Changed the backgrounds and the boarder (some more may change).

Not much new here.

New race things (internat graphics will change). Just a second to early to catch the spawn. Note the crown has also changed.

So here is the spawn. It opens and closes (just happened to be closed).

Bonus. Some shade added. Other then that, nothing too new.[/spoilers:3txf8ky0]

Offline Link901

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 12:16:24 PM »
So Open, what exactly would this mod be, a futuristic SMWar?
If that's the case, I'd say it sound pretty promising.
Also, those spawn doors would look a little nicer if you used something like this.

Offline Open

• More Common Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 05:03:31 PM »
Yes, this mod is futuristic. Heres the storyline of the Landmine Battleship:
[spoilers:37ca0ldj]Landmine Battle Crusier
Current Date: 2060
The Landmine Battle Crusier is part of the UPSD (United Planetary Space Defence). The Landmine has been in multiple space and high altitude battles around Earth while Wolrd War 4 (2046-2056) was going on (WW4 was the introduction of space vessels to terrorists by trying to destroy the International Space Station, all attempts failed). Its main purpose was to explore more space around the Sol solar system. Its a fairly large ship, capable of firing 12 space-planet missiles (known to the ship's crew as "Drop Bombs" as they are released similarly to the bombs in the second world war (out a sealed hatch)) and 250 Pulverizers (1 missile opens up into 3 after 2 second from being fired, dealing more damage to other space vessels). The vessel was primarily constructed in Canada, but was soon moved to the United States of America after being bought for $2.4 Billion. It was launched in 2048 as the third space battle cruisier, and 8th armed and manned space ship sent to explore. The ship is upgraded and checked upon at least 2 times a year, even though the new technology of the Cold Fusion Power Core (CFPC). The vessel has been active for 12 years now, and is more then 2.5 times better then it was when it was launched. Its well known to Eart citizens for helping create the station on the Moon in December 2049-Febuary 2050. It also aided in colonizing a nearby planet that was givin the name "Helsphere" because of its warmer tempuratures and its more mountainious terrain in 2058. Helsphere has a similar atmosphere to Earths, and every day on Helsphere lasts approximatly 25 hours against Earths days which are approximatly 24 hours. The ship currently occupies the Sol solar system, but will be heading to the V645 Cen (Proxima Centauri) solar system for an update on Helsphere.[/spoilers:37ca0ldj]
It can also be found here (I should update the picture soon).
Though that door is actually pretty nice. Is it up for use?

Offline Link901

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 10:12:32 PM »
Go right ahead, I posted it for you to use if you wanted. :D

Offline Open

• More Common Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 03:46:40 PM »
Because the server was down, I couldn't post an update. So heres the current update *screenshots in first post*.
-New music by my brother has been added. Credit goes to him
-All, if not most, "interactive" blocks have been changed
-New banners at the start of the game
-New door spawn implemented. Thanks to Link901 for it
Skins for the mod are welcomed if you have/know of any. I will not be searching through the forum looking for skins, however.

Offline Open

• More Common Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 06:14:08 PM »
Sorry there was no update, but I am currently readying the mod so a beta can be released next weekend. Screenshots wont be changed (just to keep you guys wondering), but I will provide a list of the changes.
Update:
-Changed '?' block
-Changed Bullet Bill
-Changed spiked turtle
-Changed player/bot selection icons (again)
-Some other minore edits

Offline Open

• More Common Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 10:23:30 PM »
I got a demo of SMWLE out. There are still many things that need to be worked on, including the banners. Enjoy the current version, I have changed many things and added quite a few things. Credits to Link901 for the door spawn and my brother for the music (I am planning on getting more).
Download Link
Enjoy. Maps for the mod will be accepted, because, as most of you can find out on your own, there are not many maps available. Of course, I will add more maps to the mod (and edit current ones (especially 0SMW Future) once I get more done on the Future Tileset). Any graphics or other content (or even edited versions of things I have done already) that you may have for the mod will be thought out, and possibly added to the mod, as I stated earlier.

Offline Open

• More Common Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 08:45:35 PM »
I have an Official Beta to release. Up to date screenshots can be found on the first post.

Whats new?
-New main menu banner
-New version text
-New startup screens
-New tiles for the world editor
-New swap graphics
-New Tanuki powerup look
-Whole new look at the Fire Flower
-Whole new look at the Heart power up and health bars
Warning: I have found a slight glitch with the Futuristic Tileset (it was missing some tiles in some places). Download the fixed version here: Sorry for the problem

The Futuristic Tileset alone is available in my showcase.

Offline Open

• More Common Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 09:56:51 PM »
Any comments, anyone?
Anyways, I havn't forgotten about this, its just my time has been taken up with other things. To make matters worse, exams are coming up soon. I'm going to try and post an update very soon, though it wouldn't be bad to get some feedback from the people.

Offline Roxas

• Quite Some Free Time
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 08:29:15 PM »
Dude, this mod looks beautiful, It's about time we get a futuristic mod!

Abominations created by Me and my brother on MSpaint.

Offline Open

• More Common Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 01:43:57 PM »
Not a full update (I've been busy and sick), but I want to get some of the larger things I've been working on out to the public. Heres are a few of the larger projects I'm working on (there are other smaller and in progress projects on the go aswell).

I'm doing a fair amount of work with the world and level editors. Here I added and edited some of the objects. Keep in mind that this is far from finished.

Im completely redoing the game selection screen. The bottom two do not have a picture yet, but will later. Some shading and a bit more detail may be added.

This robot is the start of the complete remake of the enemies.

I have not forgotten about this, and I am still hard at work with this. However, I am off for a 2-week vacation so I will not be able to get any work done on this mod for 2 weeks.

Offline Open

• More Common Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 08:38:17 PM »
Sorry for this being so late, but heres yet another beta. An update will be logged on the first post saying what has changed.

Screenshots [the bulck of the changes are in-game, and I'm not posting pictures for everything]:

The major change here are the icons for the game types.

I have redone most of the older maps from the older version. This is the remake of Battleship.
The game-type is stomp. The grey robots are Goombas, while the spiked shells are self explanetory (no other enemies have changed in this).

This is a newer map, using only newer custom tiles (including animated tiles).
The game-type is phantos, but with the key being a beacon, and phantos being... call them what you wish.

Offline Snowyfox

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 11:18:15 PM »
Nice but...
there isn't a variety of maps. :(and how'd we enjoy this when there are like... only 5 characters?
This is a block of text that needs to be copied and pasted after every verse in the  SMW Bible

[cough]verse[/cough] [cough]bible...[/cough] [cough]smw..[/cough]

Offline Open

• More Common Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 11:45:15 PM »
The mod is still under lots of construction. I am adding more and more maps, but its tough when you have to redo the entire graphics pack as well, with only 2 people who have given anything to contribute to the mod. Skins, however, will only be added when people give them.
And just to note: this mod is not dead, just under way. I'm hoping to get an update out by my birthday, Dec 2.