Author Topic: Excuse me while I vent.  (Read 1584 times)

Offline Ryche

• Too Much Free Time
Excuse me while I vent.
« on: March 06, 2009, 11:05:11 PM »
Does anyone else think this is weird?

I'm relatively quiet.  I go to school, mind my own business, and listen in on everyone else's lives as they talk about and act like they just got a longer school bus.

When I pitch in my two cents' worth (nobody really cares who butts in on convos at school), here are the most likely responses:

"Just shut up, nobody likes you."
"...sorry, did you hear something?"
"No.  Just no."
"Dude, why are you talking to it?"  (to the person talking to me, if I'm responded to)
"Go away. Please."

And more.

But if I shut up, I hear nothing but put-downs from that side of the room.  Most of the time I hear my name whispered from across the room.

[hr:1cg3zmp7][/hr:1cg3zmp7]
But other times, during class or something, the class and I get along just fine (unless I say something in a happy nature).

It almost makes me want to go emo.  Not sure why, but it does.

Thank you for letting me rant, I just needed to get that off my chest.  Feel free to comment.
[spoilers]Pull something stupid like that with your sig again and you lose it forever.
~LKA

I have no clue what you're talking about and it doesn't matter now.[/spoilers]

Offline DarkAndroid

• Too Much Free Time
Re: Excuse me while I vent.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 11:36:47 PM »
I'm really sorry Twy.
Kids like this just plain suck, and theres nothing you can do about it.

Least you're moving soon right?
YOU JUST WENT AGAINST THE UNWRITTEN CODE OF /EEE/ HERE!
THAT IS WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!!

Life Scars : II

Offline Outrage

• Is probably Booman
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 12:09:40 AM »
Just shut up, nobody likes you.

Nah, I kid. That sucks.

Offline JM Dragon

• Stomp Arena Staff
  • this title came sooner than the last
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 12:32:42 AM »
I tend to be like that too (usually quiet, I mean). Good thing you are moving, then. Being around people like that for too long can be unhealthy.

Offline MasterLederhosen

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 05:00:51 AM »
Quote from: "Big JM"
I tend to be like that too (usually quiet, I mean). Good thing you are moving, then. Being around people like that for too long can be unhealthy.

Agreed. That is, when you're a person that can't stand being a lonely person.

People at my school were like this for quite some time (about 8 years), but they matured.

At first I was feeling like this too, but after some time I was like: "Screw this, I'm going to ignore them and mind my own business".

Offline Ryche

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 05:02:57 PM »
Quote from: "EchoTheHedgehog"

Agreed. That is, when you're a person that can't stand being a lonely person.

People at my school were like this for quite some time (about 8 years), but they matured.

At first I was feeling like this too, but after some time I was like: "Screw this, I'm going to ignore them and mind my own business".
Quote from: "DarkAndroid"
I'm really sorry Twy.
Kids like this just plain suck, and theres nothing you can do about it.

Least you're moving soon right?
Actually, I'm moving this Friday.

And it means a LOT of housework.

And my parents waited to tell me until last Monday...

But thanks for listening to the rant guys.

Then consider me good as dead; public schools treated me like this through Elementary school and through High school.
[spoilers]Pull something stupid like that with your sig again and you lose it forever.
~LKA

I have no clue what you're talking about and it doesn't matter now.[/spoilers]

Offline JM Dragon

• Stomp Arena Staff
  • this title came sooner than the last
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 06:04:11 PM »
@Twy:
Not quite what I was trying to get at... Well hey, there's hope, though. With a new town comes a clean slate.

Offline AlMightyBob

• Regular
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 08:15:32 PM »
Quote from: "Twyleiht"
When I pitch in my two cents' worth (nobody really cares who butts in on convos at school), here are the most likely responses:

"Just shut up, nobody likes you."...etc.

Clearly that's not true.

No. School kids are pricks, it's a fact. They'll jump at any opportunity to ridicule you in order to impress/fit in with their friends and then permanently label you as "that guy we can all make fun of". You can either ignore them, join them, stop doing whatever is making them single you out (you must be doing, or have done, something to set them off whether it's being or acting nerdy/shy/weird/antisocial/anything not considered "normal" by them)(also, chances are it's too late to change their perception of you) and/or find a decent group of friends. In your case you get to try again with a new group of people. Don't screw it up this time less you be singled out again.
Quote from: \"Garry Newman\"
I got banned from the swimming pool yesterday. My speedos were a bit worn so they threw me out. The ā€™sā€™ had fallen off.

Offline Felix-The-Ghost

• Too Much Free Time
  • 1v1 Rust
    • http://members.allegro.cc/felix-the-ghost/index.html
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 09:21:38 PM »
666 posts ^

Also I didn't know people were like that in real life...
Unless you're exaggerating any as this is a rant and all...
It's like that every day?
Do you have like a face tumor or something?
Is this like elementary school or what...?

Offline Yoshi Skier

• Forum Moderator
  • Posts Somewhat Often
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 10:43:27 PM »
You're right; this does sound rather primitive. Either that, or these people are sophomores (I mean, just look at the meaning of sophomoric). On a positive note, just think of Lynyrd Skynyrd's lyrics: "Troubles will come, and they will pass." This has been one of the most important lessons I have learned in life.
Florian Hufsky, 1986~2009. Hopefully now he can see how sorely he is missed and all the lives he has touched.

Offline Pikadude No. 1

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
    • http://harrigan.org/pikadudeno1/
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 05:28:09 AM »
@Felix: I can assure you that Twy is not exaggerating, as I was in a similar position throughout elementary school, middle school, and one high school. At least the second high school I went to was OK.

Some high schools seem to have more mature populations than others, so I hope Twy winds up at a decent one.
[size=85]"Nobody expects the Eskimo Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise!"
"And love!"
"Our two chief weapons are surprise and love!"
"And hammers."
"Our three chief weapons are surprise, love, and hammers!"
"And ice!"
"Oh, bloody hell!"

Past signatures[/size]

Offline Pibza

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • a good 5 or 6 gallons shot out onto the floor
    • watch my dang stream
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 06:15:00 AM »

I'm relatively quiet.  I go to school, mind my own business, and listen in on everyone else's lives as they talk about and act like they just got a longer school bus.

"Just shut up, nobody likes you."
"...sorry, did you hear something?"
"No.  Just no."
"Dude, why are you talking to it?"  (to the person talking to me, if I'm responded to)
"Go away. Please."

And more.

But if I shut up, I hear nothing but put-downs from that side of the room.  Most of the time I hear my name whispered from across the room.

[hr:3isp3z56][/hr:3isp3z56]
But other times, during class or something, the class and I get along just fine (unless I say something in a happy nature).

It almost makes me want to go emo.  Not sure why, but it does.

Thank you for letting me rant, I just needed to get that off my chest.  Feel free to comment.

I know exactly how it feels.
That's why I'm homeschooled :V

Offline SsF

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 02:11:35 PM »
i'll add in.

i totally agree with you twy, it happens a ton at my school as well, and to me specifically.
Normally though it is with my friends so i know they are joking (i hope...)
but other times it is just mean.

i wish people could grow up and learn to get along...

Offline MC Jimmy

• Global Moderator
  • Ain't Nothin' but a Hound Dawg
  • Pon de replay?
    • MC Productions
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 02:17:37 PM »
Guys, you don't really have to talk to be respected. Like me. I'm usually a nice person to everyone at my school, even if I hate them. I'll bring up their papers, share my lunch, help them with something, make them laugh about something, I don't know, but you catch my drift. I usually don't talk to 80% of the kids in my school, but when something happens to me people will say something to the person starting trouble with me.

Also, if you agree with what people say about you like, in my case, people use to call me "big lip" or say something aout my fucked up teeth in grammer school, or they would do the notorious, your mom is so ugly and stupid, and I would go, "I know right?", thus it wasn't fun anymore when they would say it.

Offline eeliottheking

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
    • http://DIGDUG.DIGDUG
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 05:34:19 PM »
generally, im a loud obnoxious prick at my school.  Personally id say that you should either

A.  just hold out until you move, then you can start over. (although you should give a major F*CK YOU to those pricks on the bus before you leave as a good bye present.)

B.  stand up for yourself.  say something intelligent and mean at the same time.  that will generally get the dick heads to stop what they are doing.
Hi