Author Topic: Netplay General Discussion  (Read 33690 times)

Offline Hudson G

Re: Netplay General Discussion
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2017, 08:31:15 PM »
Can I play as LAN using Hamachi ? If so, how can I ? What should I configure ? What should I do EXACTLY ? I have a bunch of friends (better call a flock) to play this extremely funny game and end our friendship by stomping each other heads.

Offline Korbel

« Reply #196 on: February 19, 2017, 12:41:47 AM »
Hey, I tried the netplay with my brother and did a thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lh9GlSVTrU
This is footage of it, which I randomly decided to do because it was going crazy. Though I'm sure this is how it always is.
I am aware this is highly WIP of course, but this WIP had a rare case where glitches actually made it fun too. It didn't really mess up movement all too much, though sometimes it would go insane in movement glitches if you were playing as a regular player and not the host.
Soon enough I might get to playing this with 3 other people, once I get my port forwarding working correctly as it's messed up after certain things happening a few months ago.
Anyway, thanks for making efforts to do this, man! This is pretty damn amazing and I thought I would eventually have to gain a programming ability in order to do this myself. I would probably gladly donate to you if I had such disposable money. Keep up the good work!

Offline Felix-The-Ghost

• Too Much Free Time
  • 1v1 Rust
    • http://members.allegro.cc/felix-the-ghost/index.html
« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2017, 02:58:37 PM »
fluffypillow should watch this, I thought he enforced messages with deaths/item pickups so they wouldn't desync.
Also can you record a fullscreen session?

Offline Korbel

« Reply #198 on: February 20, 2017, 09:25:07 PM »
When I put the time into it, I will record it in fullscreen. I didn't the first time because I wanted to have eyes on the console, but now I have two displays for that.
I also felt it played better in windowed mode.