Author Topic: 72dpimon (title pending) development thread.  (Read 6156 times)

Offline kNova

• More Common Poster
Re: 72dpimon (title pending) development thread.
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 01:16:26 PM »
Pokemon List. Reference

Name: Florian
Type: Admin
Notes:

Name: Two52
Notes:

Name: Jared
Notes:

Name: 4matsy
Type: FC Contributor
Notes:

Name: Dude
Type:
Notes:

Name: Sgraff87
Type:
Notes:

Name: SMW Fan
Type:
Notes:

Name: Dolorous
Type:
Notes:

Name: Link901
Type:
Notes:

Name: npodges
Type:
Notes:

Name: Tiptup300
Type:
Notes:

Name: Dr. Ultra_Mario
Type:
Notes:

Name: Mad Scienstien
Type:
Notes:

Name: eeliottheking
Type:
Notes:

Name: Peardian
Type:
Notes:

Name: LKA
Type:
Notes:

Name: Booman77
Type:
Notes:

Name: BobManPerson
Type:
Notes:

Name: Francis Aubry
Type: Idiot
Notes:

Name: Jarviar61470
Type: Dupe
Notes: A rare form of the Jarviar pokemon. (Jarviar can be like Mew.. Jarviar61470 can be Mewtwo.. Jarviar's clone/dupe. Yah, I'm witty. I thought of that all by myself.)

Name: flashman2
Type:
Notes:

Name: SSF
Type:
Notes:

Name: Alex
Type:
Notes:

Name: MysteriousPower [MP]
Type:
Notes:

Name: Serious MP
Type:
Notes: The second stage of MP.

Name: Nova
Type:
Notes: First stage of me.

Name: kNova
Type:
Notes: My second evololution

Name: McLovin'
Type:
Notes: My final evolution.

Name: Seth
Type:
Notes: A secret evolution of LKA. >>

Name: Landmaster
Type:
Notes: An evolution of Ultra Mario. (I think he was the one who used this name for a while.

Name: Ylle
Type:
Notes: First stage of Ylle.

Name: Overwatch
Type:
Notes: Second stage of Ylle.

Name: Turndawg
Type:
Notes:

Name: Minogame
Type:
Notes: Second stage of Turndawg.

Name: AlMightyBob
Type:
Notes:

Name: Percival
Type:
Notes:

Name: soulbreather
Type:
Notes:

Name: Pikablu
Type:
Notes:

Name: Tritoch
Type: Ex-Admin
Notes:

Name: Gadouken
Type:
Notes:

Name: Nights
Type:
Notes:

Name: Chaos
Type:
Notes:

Name: Some Mac Guy
Type:
Notes:

Name: DXMachina
Type:
Notes:

Name: Big JM
Type:
Notes:

Name: hi ppl
Notes:

Name: Swiften1
Notes:

Name: JJames19119
Notes:

Name: Roxas
Type:
Notes:

Name: Twyleiht
Type:
Notes:

Name: -Super Wario-
Type:
Notes:

Name: dorino
Type:
Notes:

Name: MC Jimmy
Type:
Notes:

Name: Water Kirby
Type:
Notes:

Name: General Guy
Type:
Notes:

Name: Pepe
Type:
Notes: First Stage

Name: King Pepe
Type:
Notes: Second stage of Pepe

Name: fechdog
Type:
Notes:

Name: Zash
Type:
Notes:

Name: Jarviar
Type:
Notes:

Name: nmn
Type:
Notes:

Name: Kareth
Type:
Notes: Holy shit, I forgot I registered this account. This was going to be my original account. O_o This could be like.. The baby pokemon for Nova.

Name: Mr. Mister
Type:
Notes:

Name: LGB
Type:
Notes:

Name: Water Kirby
Type:
Notes:

Name: Zadrave
Type:
Notes:

Name: Yoshi Skier
Type:
Notes:

Name: Smash and Crash.1
Type:
Notes:

Name: Hyper Mysterious
Type:
Notes:

Name: EchoTheHedgehog
Type:
Notes:

Name: Chiisu
Type:
Notes:

Name: YoshiRider
Type:
Notes:

Name: Tanuki
Type:
Notes:

Name: Vermilion
Type:
Notes:

Name: Open
Type:
Notes:

Name: Shadoezs
Type:
Notes:

Name: Mad_Monkey
Type:
Notes:

Name: Fiction
Type:
Notes:

Name: Big Daddy
Type:
Notes:

Name: DUPE ACCOUNT BYE!!!
Type:
Notes:

Fuck this, I'm not finishing this list. >> But you get the idea. Kinda. >>
Also, use things from Mario (naturally), Super Smash Brothers and other Nintendo games as pokemon as well.
Use 72members and characters from pokemon games and you'll have more than enough pokemon. >_>
The many faces of Nova.
Original   |No Hat |Chibi

God, I'm bored.

Offline MC Jimmy

• Global Moderator
  • Ain't Nothin' but a Hound Dawg
  • Pon de replay?
    • MC Productions
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 01:30:08 PM »
Haha, got the idea I could be like an Evee since I got a lot of charaters based on me.

Offline kNova

• More Common Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 02:06:49 PM »
Quote from: "MC Jimmy"
Haha, got the idea I could be like an Evee since I got a lot of charaters based on me.

You or Big JM. JM would start as a Dragon Egg.. Then a Dragon Hatchling.. Then he'd evolve into one of his three characters.
The many faces of Nova.

God, I'm bored.

Offline JM Dragon

• Stomp Arena Staff
  • this title came sooner than the last
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 02:10:21 PM »
a 72dpimon creature cannot be anyone's reference character. Actual characters are going to be NPC's instead.
I'm set on the 72dpimon not being members' reference characters, actually. -.- Members, admins, mods etc. are going to be NPC's. 72dpimon creatures will be like natural creatures found in the 72dpikingdom.

Offline kNova

• More Common Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 02:25:30 PM »
Quote from: "Big JM"
a 72dpimon creature cannot be anyone's reference character. Actual characters are going to be NPC's instead.
I'm set on the 72dpimon not being members' reference characters, actually. -.- Members, admins, mods etc. are going to be NPC's. 72dpimon creatures will be like natural creatures found in the 72dpikingdom.

ohhhh. Shit, that's harder. >>

Well.. For starters then, start looking through SMW skins. Things like Goomba's and Koopa's and etc could be pokemon. Also, instead of the unown's, we could use smileys.

God, if you really want, I'll come up with atleast 100 pokemon for ya. >> But it'll take me some time.

But first, I need to know what information you need on each..

Ex:

Name:
Stage: (Ex, stage 1, stage 2.. Geodude would be a Stage 1, Graveler a Stage 2.. On and on.)
Type: (Spam, smiley, etc, etc. I need ideas for different types too. >_>)

And what other things?
The many faces of Nova.

God, I'm bored.

Offline JM Dragon

• Stomp Arena Staff
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 02:41:41 PM »
I plan on having all of the original pokemon types, except for the ghost type, which will be changed to "banned" type. I highly considering the "admin" type for the legendary 72dpimon (of cource, the admins that appear in the game will have those 72dpimon).

Offline KingPepe

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 03:07:56 PM »
I wonder if you'd add the PixelWar figure and the Puit War figure as a 72dpimon

Quote from: \"JJames19119\"
Times today are just as bad what with the video game market being made up of 80% first person shooters that are 80% brown and 20% black and 100% bloom.

Offline kNova

• More Common Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 03:09:25 PM »
I plan on having all of the original pokemon types, except for the ghost type, which will be changed to "banned" type. I highly considering the "admin" type for the legendary 72dpimon (of cource, the admins that appear in the game will have those 72dpimon).

Do you want things related to 72dpi.. Or just completely random and unique monsters.
The many faces of Nova.

God, I'm bored.

Offline JM Dragon

• Stomp Arena Staff
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 03:13:55 PM »
Quote from: "McLovin"

Do you want things related to 72dpi.. Or just completely random and unique monsters.
Both. I want it to look like a wacky mix of characters yet at the same time makes sense together in the 72dpi realm.

Offline kNova

• More Common Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 03:39:27 PM »
Quote from: "McLovin"

Both. I want it to look like a wacky mix of characters yet at the same time makes sense together in the 72dpi realm.

Use the Topic Town setting and etc?

Somebody, I need a map of the 72dpi realm before I can get started.
The many faces of Nova.

God, I'm bored.

Offline JM Dragon

• Stomp Arena Staff
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 03:53:41 PM »
Here's Gaduken's intrepretation, but I'll cover more area than this.
I plan on having areas such as the MC lands, a snowy mountain (possibly a dragon habitation on that mountain as well), the areas in 72dpiwar 2, and more.

Offline Psuedo

• Global Moderator
  • Quite Some Free Time
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 07:43:06 PM »
@Nova: Jarviar6140 is the real Jarviar

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2008, 12:22:30 AM »
I tell you, basing at least a good portion of the 72dpimon off of SMW skins is a really helpful option. McLovin has the right idea in that regard.

Newb though I am in the field of 72dpi history, it just doesn't seem as though one can call forth a hundred and fifty 72dpi-related monsters out of the collective consciousness of the forum. Branching out into SMW (and Puit Wars, etc.) would aid tremendously.

honestly even if all the creatures were smw skins it'd still be a snap to find a hundred and fifty of them there are well more than that many worthy skins out there

Offline JM Dragon

• Stomp Arena Staff
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 12:25:03 AM »
I find the fact that we have 8 moderators of any kind and 4 more recent admins (as in, LKA, JJ, myself, and Ylle)  very convenient. ;)
Don't worry, Jared, Two, and Flo will have important roles as well (There weren't 3 in the games, but I can make do).

Also, to give and update on the engine progress:
- I have completed the "intro" scene for battles. I just need to do that ball flies in animation before your 72dpimon appears.
- I am very happy with overworld movement. I have the character following down to an art, and from the tests I have done, is glitchless currently.
- I found it odd how your character is absolutely afraid of water in the pokemon games, especially in R/S/E with that hot spring you can visit. So, I have made it to where you can swim in shallow water, but you can't go into deep water. Trust me, you'll need to have a 72dpimon perform a certain move if you want to cross deep water. And trust me, there will be a lot of deep water. This part of the engine is finished, and looks good as well!

Ideas floating around my head:
- You know how 72dpi is based lot on the Mario series? They have a lot of pitfalls and bottomless pits, and I plan on including that aspect into the game (without the dying part). Instead, a 72dpimove (sweet, I just found a new name for moves/ HM's!) will be needed to cross these chasms.
- All towns you visit (approx. 2~5 or 6) will have pleanty of places to visit. The one that'll interest players most is probably the mart. But I didn't list a pokecenter. Why? Because that is the purpose of the hotels/ 72dpibuilding. There are other things you can do in the rooms as well.
For example, there will be a fridge that's stocked with food items you could use (not without a price, though {and unlike hotels in the real world, prices for fridge items are cheaper than food items at stores, but stocks slowly}).
There's a kitchen where you could whip up some simple dishes that would help out more than the original item (think Paper Mario: that "Peach bakes a cake" mission, with Tasty T.'s or whateverhernameis's cooking).
There is also the bathroom, which has a bathtub, perfect for washing your 72dpimon (or, at least the small ones. The big ones might need to be cleaned in the yard).
All of these help out with the 72dpimon's happiness, which will be more helpful than what it seems in the pokemon games. It helps out with the "as pets" aspect that I think pokemon has been rather ignored in the official games.
-.- that part was long.
anyway:
- More about towns. Some things to expect in towns are (as said before) shops and hotels, outdoor markets (possible rare items here!), parks (good place to hang out with grass type 72dpimon), pools (water type 72dpimon really love these), and other things that could posibly help you raise your 72dpimon well.
- I'm thinking about having some side view areas, like what you would see in the GB LoZ games, without Rok's feather/ cape (as in, no jumping). These areas will be in very skinny areas that you have to climb down at (like the side of a canyon or a skinny cave). Fly will be amazingly helpful here (can you say hidden secrets?).

Offline Evil Eye Sigma [But]

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 01:08:38 AM »
There is also the bathroom, which has a bathtub, perfect for washing your 72dpimon (or, at least the small ones. The big ones might need to be cleaned in the yard).
All of these help out with the 72dpimon's happiness, which will be more helpful than what it seems in the pokemon games. It helps out with the "as pets" aspect that I think pokemon has been rather ignored in the official games.

Did I ever tell you I loved you?

Steam Profile!
THE GENERIC PIRATES ARE DEAD, GO HOME.