Author Topic: Anonymous Map Contest - Read the post before you do anything  (Read 1147 times)

Offline Agastya

• Pwetty Butterfwy
  • Is probably Booman
So, tired of superficiality in mapmaking? Tired of seeing that it's always the people with the "witty" map names and "amazing" eyecandy without gameplay?

Then let's change that.

This contest is going to be completely anonymous.

There will be no map thumbnails. There will not be amazing names.

Just you guys, the mappers, and you guys, the players.. playing the maps, voting for them. No labels for the maps. No names to attach them to. Just maps.

So, here you have it. Your map theme? Let's start out with something simple.. oh, I dunno, how about the Forest for starters?

RULES
1) You MUST send your entry through PM. If you post your map in the topic, consider yourself disqualified. If you send it through IRC, you are disqualified. If you ANNOUNCE that you entered a map, you are disqualified.
2) Host your map on MediaFire. Why not SMWStuff or the FFH? Simple - people can find out who uploaded a map if they browse those two sites for maps regularly. To keep the chances of this as low as possible, we're not using the major hosts.
3) When voting begins, I will post ALL of the maps that fit the theme, and rename them as "Map 1, Map 2" etc etc. If your map DOES NOT meet the theme, then I won't post it. So don't expect to be able to make a map of a castle with trees and spikes and get away with calling it an indoor forest.
4) If you vote for your own map, then you are disqualified. I'm keeping tabs on who made them, so don't even try!
5) Yes, you have to make a new map. No, you can't post it in your topic right after you make it. Yes, you can post it in your topic after it's over.

When the voting is finished, I will tally up the votes (duh!) and then post ALL the maps that were done, even disqualified maps, with their actual filenames and mediafire links. I'll think of some prizes later.

You vote the same way you do in the normal weekly contests, only now it's top two maps.

So with that, happy mapping, folks~

Deadline for entries: July 9th
Voting begins: July 10th
Voting ends: July 15th

If this hits off, I might do another in the future.

Offline DarkAndroid

• Too Much Free Time
Re: Anonymous Map Contest - Read the post before you do anything
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 12:56:45 AM »
ah, fun. i might compete
are there any prizes?
YOU JUST WENT AGAINST THE UNWRITTEN CODE OF /EEE/ HERE!
THAT IS WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!!

Life Scars : II

Offline Agastya

• Pwetty Butterfwy
  • Is probably Booman
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 01:52:09 AM »
Way to read.

I'll think of some prizes later.

Besides, it's like all you people care about are prizes.

Offline Mint Eri

• Almost Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 07:13:15 AM »
The rules seems very much logical.

Kinda gives an advantage to compete against something fancy, like an anonymous beauty contest...more like an date show with 3 anonymous bactlors.

Offline Agastya

• Pwetty Butterfwy
  • Is probably Booman
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 03:31:53 PM »
non-stickied threads here get no love.