Author Topic: So... Tilesets...  (Read 2651 times)

Offline Peardian

• Regular
    • http://www.vgmaps.com
Re: So... Tilesets...
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 01:13:48 PM »
As great as these tilesets are, I'm a bit against including tilesets with stuff not from SMAS/SMW. It would just feel strange.
-Peardian-

Offline Two52

• Administrator
  • Posts Very Often
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 03:31:13 PM »
The final release will probably have more tilesets.  I'd like it to feel complete, but not bloated.  Only tilesets from the Super Mario world will be used.  Also no YI styled tiles either.  Every tileset that we add, adds quite a bit of memory usage to the game so we have to be a little careful here.

Offline Sgraff87

• More Common Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 04:25:23 PM »
So essentially we are better off merging some tilesets that are small, like the YI and the NSMB tileset? Since they take up more memory to have them separate and they are just small at this time.

My favorite tilesets are the SMAS and the modified tiles from those. Ones like extra colors. I am making more tiles to fill up the SMB tileset. That includes tiles that had a different appearance in the 8-bit versions of the games than the SMAS games that were created later.

But most of all, I want to let people be creative with this game. With tilesets with many colors or tile appearances it lets people create what they dream. Tilesets like YI or the misc are alright to be in an expanded tile pack. But I think the tilesets (including my recolors and edits) that fit with SMB, SMB2, SMB3, and SMWorld should stick with the main download for this game.

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 08:38:45 AM »
oh hey, speaking of tilesets...Sgraff, do you mind if i use some of these new tiles for hwe? it would help the progress of it a lot :D
Requiescat in pace Florian Hufsky.

A great mind and creative person left our world.

Offline Sgraff87

• More Common Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 12:36:09 PM »
Quote from: "General Guy"
oh hey, speaking of tilesets...Sgraff, do you mind if i use some of these new tiles for hwe? it would help the progress of it a lot :D
I do not know what hwe but I do not mind. Just give me some sort of credit for those who are curious where they came from.