Author Topic: Re-organizing the "Blah Blah Blah" forum area.  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Agastya

• Pwetty Butterfwy
  • Is probably Booman
Re-organizing the "Blah Blah Blah" forum area.
« on: April 24, 2008, 10:08:28 PM »
If you missed it:

Quote from: "Mad Scienstien"

For those of you that remember, a while ago I suggested merging the B^3 forums back together. The results were basically... nothing. But now I think we can have a more intelligent discussion, thanks to a few  recent events.

Simply put, I think the current layout of our "offtopic" forums could be better. Last time I suggested a full merge, this time I think something else would be better. And with 1.8 on it's way, it'd be best if changes were made BEFORE the flood of newbies. Now the splitting of the Blah Blah Blah forum occurred because of a number of events, some of which would still present, others which wouldn't. The ones I can think of are:

1. The forum is too big for one offtopic forum.
-This is true. Looking at the number of stickies each of these forums have, it's clear we couldn't re-join the forums without having to re-define "what deserves a sticky" among other things.

2. People talk about Touhou too much.
-The whole Touhou thing really calmed down a while ago. Although there's stuff out there nowadays which seems to affect 72dpi similar to how Touhou did, the reason those Touhou threads seemed so plentiful was beacuse the Touhou fans were the only people posting in the B^3 at the time.

3. Good threads get pushed beneath bad ones.
-This is the big one. The reason why it'd be difficult to do a full merge. I don't have any solution which doesn't allow Nazi quality control here, but we can put all the good threads in one place, and the bad ones in another...

So the idea I came up with was to have 3 offtopic forums. The first of which would be simply called "offtopic." This forum would be for news, game discussion, non-idiotic links, and other relevant things. There's a reason why art isn't on that list, though. And that's because I'd imagine artists wouldn't want their masterpeices being pushed down by a thread about Jack Thompson or whatever. Thus, the Arts Board would remain the way it is now. The third would be Blah Blah Blah. For casual and generally irrelevant discussion.

So what do you guys think? Discuss.

Yeah, we're going with this. Don't mind the mess.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • Bowser Only, All Bombs, Dinal Festination
    • http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/
Re: Re-organizing the "Blah Blah Blah" forum area.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 10:39:02 PM »
B^3 will be down until I organize things better >>

EDIT: Organizing done.

Offline MasterLederhosen

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 02:45:50 PM »
I fell like you've just blended a dog with a frog and then sorted it into several jars.

Plus, we have to make new threads.

*Sigh*

Oh wait, actually you didn't. /GD/ is the old /GD/ and /CL/ mixed and /EEE/ is the old /EE/, right?

Offline Yoshi Skier

• Forum Moderator
  • Posts Somewhat Often
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 04:43:39 PM »
Quote from: "EchoTheHedgehog"
I fell like you've just blended a dog with a frog and then sorted it into several jars.

Plus, we have to make new threads.

*Sigh*

Oh wait, actually you didn't. /GD/ is the old /GD/ and /CL/ mixed and /EEE/ is the old /EE/, right?
About Cool Links:
Quote from: "Mad Scienstien"
Cool links would kinda be split in half. Threads like "LOL FAT MAN DANCES ON YOUTUBE!!!!" would go to Blah Blah Blah, but ones like "Hey this is really handy" would go to offtopic.
Also, if you want to save some threads, talk to one of the mods here and they can move it for you. I would suggest myself, but I don't have access to moving threads from the archives.
Florian Hufsky, 1986~2009. Hopefully now he can see how sorely he is missed and all the lives he has touched.

Offline lgb

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 04:48:02 PM »
I do like where this is going. I feel cleansed.

Also, I like the idea of making /E^3/ like the original and or old /B^3/; it seems like a spam forum at first, at you can generally post stuff that would go in a spam forum anywhere else, but it's not! You gotta think.
Two52 is a small Shot icon.

Offline Ultra_Mario

• On the Bright Side: You came close to your record for damage healed as Medic
  • all dem bitches don't got no shit on me
    • please follow
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 07:23:48 PM »
Rather Confusing at first.

Offline Chaos

• this title came sooner than the last
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 06:44:48 PM »
I have to say, this is TONS better than the older layout. Now you can actually find what you want. :D