Author Topic: THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED.  (Read 3475 times)

Offline Agastya

• Pwetty Butterfwy
  • Is probably Booman
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED.
« on: April 22, 2008, 09:40:54 AM »
The Flashman Virus got into the central server. When Flo tried to use the Megaman Antivirus, this happened..

[youtube:22cntzo3]Nj9KpLNZk64[/youtube:22cntzo3]

No but really, what happened was the server just went down, and Flo couldn't fix it. So there you go.

Also whenever the forum is down it's highly recommended that you use IRC but that's just my recommendation.

Offline dorino

• Too Much Free Time
Re: THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 07:55:41 PM »
ok

Offline Felix-The-Ghost

• Too Much Free Time
  • 1v1 Rust
    • http://members.allegro.cc/felix-the-ghost/index.html
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 09:02:38 PM »
Why is this in Everything else and not in the announcements section :?:

Offline SsF

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 09:06:04 PM »
it is in the announcements section of /ee/

of course THAT is because it is off the point (yet everyone could guess that (no offense))

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • Bowser Only, All Bombs, Dinal Festination
    • http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 09:20:30 PM »
Yeah honestly this announcement thread is something of a joke; it's not really all that serious. It's also off-topic.

And aside from that, if you had actually checked the Announcements board, you'd see there was already a post concerning this.

Offline SsF

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 09:30:57 PM »
yea i know i saw that there.
and felix has a good point, he may have seen that then seen this, and wondered why it was here instead of in that thread.

Offline Felix-The-Ghost

• Too Much Free Time
  • 1v1 Rust
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 10:31:09 PM »
Quote from: "Schwer-Muta"
Yeah honestly this announcement thread is something of a joke; it's not really all that serious. It's also off-topic.

And aside from that, if you had actually checked the Announcements board, you'd see there was already a post concerning this.

I did.
I checked again after reading this post.
I found no topic on it.
Announcements shouldn't be a new post in an old topic.
The only thing I found was a new member saying he had the ability to hack the forum but didn't.
Link to this announcement post please.

edit:
if you're talking about
Quote from: "Schwer-Muta"
Not sure if Flo will post the reason but...

April 19th-22nd. 2008.
that doesn't really qualify as a helpful announcement as to what happened.

what happened was the server just went down, and Flo couldn't fix it. So there you go.

Also whenever the forum is down it's highly recommended that you use IRC but that's just my recommendation.
This was helpful information and should be a global announcement

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • Bowser Only, All Bombs, Dinal Festination
    • http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 10:49:39 PM »
No Felix, stop acting like you did before you got banned, unless you want a return trip there.

Seriously, why go through all the trouble of doing that when to be quite honest, it's not only none of our real places to say what exactly happened, we don't even know, Felix. Please tell me how in the blooming hell "The server was down between the 19th and 22nd" and "The server was down and couldn't be fixed" are in ANY WAY DIFFERENT. Yes, one post says that it couldn't be fixed, but seriously, isn't that so blatently obvious? Of COURSE it couldn't be fixed at the time, otherwise it would've been up much sooner, don't you think?

It was a post, not a topic that said the server was down because if you had eyes and looked at the damn announcement forum, you'd see that the topic it was posted in was called DOWNTIMES. This is where Flo stuffs all his downtime times and info and such, it's never posted in a new topic cause otherwise, it would clutter things up. People with common sense could tell you this.

Right now, none of us know why it went down, aside from "Flo can't fix it". We're still waiting for his word on what happened.

To top it off, there's no reason why it should be a global announcement. The server went down, big deal. Yeah it was down for a while and people got scared it wasn't returning but servers go down once in a while, it happens. We just have to wait for Flo on this.

And if you even DARE bring up the IRC comment, remember that's just LKA's general opinion, which he even states in his post. That doesn't deserve to be an announcement in it's own right.

Now if you don't mind, I need to go and remind myself why I had been so fed up with this damn elitist forum months ago.

Offline Ylle

• Administrator
  • Posts Very Often
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 10:59:01 PM »
Why do you care about labels so much.
This topic can be here if it wants to. I don't care.
This is the EE. Lighten up. This goes for everyone. There is no need to be upset.

Being upset and nitpicky in situations like this only takes time. Time we can spend on better things.
This sig is now blank.

Offline Felix-The-Ghost

• Too Much Free Time
  • 1v1 Rust
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 11:59:12 PM »
JJames, after my new account was created, I was and still am being nice in every post I make. I am respected by members once again.
I just had to defend myself right away in this thread because you instantly attacked my new good reputation
if you had actually checked
that makes it sound like I did not check or think on that post at all, when I did.
I realize now that most of the time when you're mad at me it's because I appear to go against the decisions made in here sometimes; I won't consider myself the adviser anymore as I have in the past.

But I still don't get how I'm being nice and you just explode in anger; if I had posted the exact things you said I would've gotten
a return trip there.

but if you personally consider me a threat, feel free to remove my ability to post in certain sub-forums if it will lighten up your attitude; I only ask that I be able to post in the "Super Mario War", "Fanmade Content", and "Arts Board" sub-forums.

Offline Turndawg107

• Posts Very Often
    • http://turndawg.wordpress.com/
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 12:06:36 AM »
Dispute ends here.

Offline Agastya

• Pwetty Butterfwy
  • Is probably Booman
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 12:19:00 AM »
Awesome. Another locked /ee/ thread.

Anybody who sees a post with that kind of youtube video and thinks it needs to be in announcements..

.. just, wow.