Author Topic: SMW 1.8 Beta1 Preview Feature Requests  (Read 8873 times)

Offline Jared

• Administrator
  • Quite Some Free Time
Re: SMW 1.8 Beta1 Preview Feature Requests
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2008, 11:29:19 PM »
After the first beta hits, we can also wait for fan-made tilesets to include in subsequent betas, too.

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2008, 01:55:48 AM »
Still no frog suit that increases Jumping power...
I was a bit sad honestly..
Requiescat in pace Florian Hufsky.

A great mind and creative person left our world.

Offline Sgraff87

• More Common Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2008, 02:08:59 AM »
Quote from: "KingPepe"
I was gonna suggest an arcade tileset (Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr. and Mario Bros) but I'm a little unsure about that.
It would be neat to mix the two 8 and 16 bit kind of like how Brawl does with the Mario Bros and Donkey Kong stages.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • Bowser Only, All Bombs, Dinal Festination
    • http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2008, 02:10:19 AM »
I finally tried out the coin pipe minigame. It feel very slow; in SMB3 they spewed out of the pipe much, much faster. But then again, that made the minigame extremely fast. Maybe you can have a couple mode options like how fast the coins spew (in frames) and maybe the probability of what powerups (and powerdowns, I noticed you put a couple in) appear.

Btw, I really, really like the powerups/downs you put in. :D

Oh and maybe you could move the button that opens the world mode item selection (the pop up on the bottom) from the space bar to something like maybe the Stored Item Use button? Using a gamepad on a world without the ability to open that up is really annoying.

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2008, 07:09:46 AM »
Okay, the kuribo shoe and the Tanuki stature defnetly need the ability to kill piranha plants =D
Requiescat in pace Florian Hufsky.

A great mind and creative person left our world.

Offline Link901

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2008, 12:02:14 PM »
Quote from: "Jared"
In Card Mode, what does Bank Time do?  Also, what are the different colors of Phantos in Phanto mode for?

Bank Time allows you a brief period of time to change the third card you picked up in order to better your gain.  For example, say you picked up 2 stars and then a fire flower.  The bank time gives you a chance to make it 3 stars and get 5 points instead of just 1.

Also, from what I've noticed, the Phantos work like this.
Plain Color - Kills only the keyholder.
Green - Kills any player it touches.
Red - Kills only the keyholder, but causes a noticeable point-loss.

Hope that helps, Jared!

Offline KingPepe

• Forum Moderator
  • this title came sooner than the last
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2008, 05:02:13 PM »
It'd be nice if the fortresses can get rid of a locked door like in SMB3.
Like you put down a fortress on your world and with the world editor, link the fortress and the locked door together so that if you beat the fortress, the locked door vanishes.

Quote from: \"JJames19119\"
Times today are just as bad what with the video game market being made up of 80% first person shooters that are 80% brown and 20% black and 100% bloom.

Offline JM Dragon

• Stomp Arena Staff
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2008, 05:04:19 PM »
It'd be nice if the fortresses can get rid of a locked door like in SMB3.
Like you put down a fortress on your world and with the world editor, link the fortress and the locked door together so that if you beat the fortress, the locked door vanishes.
Or we could give the winner the key to said door. (just an idea)

Offline MrMister

• Forum Moderator
  • Is probably Booman
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2008, 05:07:36 PM »
At some point I would like to see a level selector within the world editor so we don't have to manually do the levels through the text file. Just a thought. :)

Also, Sledge Bros as the enemies in the worlds. :mrgreen:

Offline Two52

• Administrator
  • Posts Very Often
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2008, 07:59:38 PM »
Quote from: "Mr Mister"
At some point I would like to see a level selector within the world editor so we don't have to manually do the levels through the text file. Just a thought. :)
I would too.  Hopefully we'll get there someday.  Right now it is too easy to screw up a world and make the game crash.

Offline Sgraff87

• More Common Poster
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2008, 08:05:13 PM »
Sorry they are not spaced perfectly but here is the missing fire animations.

EDIT: nevermind, imageshack doesn't load up for me, I cannot upload the image.

Offline KingPepe

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2008, 09:10:19 PM »
I don't know if any of them were added but how about the tiles for the king's chair and the castle steps from SMB3?

Quote from: \"JJames19119\"
Times today are just as bad what with the video game market being made up of 80% first person shooters that are 80% brown and 20% black and 100% bloom.

Offline Sgraff87

• More Common Poster
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2008, 10:01:42 PM »
I don't know if any of them were added but how about the tiles for the king's chair and the castle steps from SMB3?
I made several tilesets that never got into this beta with included both ripped and custom graphics. None of those had that though.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • Bowser Only, All Bombs, Dinal Festination
    • http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2008, 10:36:30 PM »
The shells, when flipped in SMB3 by tail, block from underneath or whatever, goes roughly twice the height the shells in SMW do when flipped  the same way. Maybe increase their Y velocity when flipped?

Also, I really, really do not like the new door spawn graphic Sgraff made. It just looks ugly in game and doesn't just seem to fit. I'm hoping we can go back to the original one.

However, I did warm up to the new kills in a row graphic, so much that I was gonna remake the 10+ graphic I made. Except...the way Sgraff made them, it made fitting a + onto 10 so much harder, impossible probably. Damn borderless numbers...

Offline Sgraff87

• More Common Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2008, 11:04:40 PM »
Funny because I really, really did not like the old spawn door. I could make a new one using the design of the old door but with better turning animation and more palette, but it will end up looking like the one that Super Wario did (which was amazing). I still say we should get that guy on the art team. lol

I also did make my own 10+, but I never posted it.