Author Topic: SMW 1.8 Beta1 Preview Feature Requests  (Read 8805 times)

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
Re: SMW 1.8 Beta1 Preview Feature Requests
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 11:12:56 AM »
vertical rising flame hazard would be nice =D
and perhaps a new button placeing for the frequenzy of certain hazards, because [/] arn'tfindable on a German keaboard for example. (the german keyboard adapts the amerikan one, i tested every butten but none of them applies to the american [/])
Requiescat in pace Florian Hufsky.

A great mind and creative person left our world.

Offline Sgraff87

• More Common Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 02:04:31 PM »
I have a question. If the clear boxes in SMWorld is hit, does it turn into a normal block? Or does it become an empty clear box? In SMW it turns into a normal block and that looked funny to me. If it does not in World, I request that it should be corrected.

Also, I noticed the springs fall a little bit  when the game starts. That is not really a bug, but I think it should be fixed.

Offline KingPepe

• Forum Moderator
  • this title came sooner than the last
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 02:11:09 PM »
Quote from: "Sgraff87"
I have a question. If the clear boxes in SMWorld is hit, does it turn into a normal block? Or does it become an empty clear box?

It's still a clear box in Super Mario World.

Quote from: \"JJames19119\"
Times today are just as bad what with the video game market being made up of 80% first person shooters that are 80% brown and 20% black and 100% bloom.

Offline Jared

• Administrator
  • Quite Some Free Time
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 02:17:25 PM »
You can check in Forest of Illusion 1 - there's one about halfway through it.

Offline KingPepe

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 02:29:37 PM »
For the SMB3 tileset, can you add the unused tiles from SMB3?

If you don't know what I'm talking about...
http://themushroomkingdom.net/smb3_lost.shtml#more

Times today are just as bad what with the video game market being made up of 80% first person shooters that are 80% brown and 20% black and 100% bloom.

Offline Sgraff87

• More Common Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 03:07:39 PM »
Quote from: "KingPepe"
For the SMB3 tileset, can you add the unused tiles from SMB3?

If you don't know what I'm talking about...
http://themushroomkingdom.net/smb3_lost.shtml#more
I will see if I can convert them to 16-bit quality. But do not get your hopes up.
I am open to any, ANY, tile suggestions. Because I know, the more tiles, the more creative people can be with maps.

Offline Peardian

• Regular
    • http://www.vgmaps.com
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 03:59:25 PM »
~Be able to have sideways Piranha Plants / Venus Fire Traps like in some of the levels in SMB3. :D

~Universal Music exceptions folder. Instead of copying your favorite music exceptions from song pack to song pack whenever you change, there'd be a document that lists the worlds and levels that have specified music. Of course, there could still be pack-specific ones. :3

~World Music exception option. Like how you can set specific songs for specific maps, but instead for specific worlds. (Like if someone always wanted the SMW Overworld theme on a certain world but not change the music pack, for example.)

And I second vertical flamethrowers. :3
-Peardian-

Offline Agastya

• Pwetty Butterfwy
  • Is probably Booman
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2008, 04:03:28 PM »
Quote from: "Peardian"
And I second vertical flamethrowers. :3

and vertical bullets, and maybe a thwomp. but the thwomp can come later if too hardmodo to get in soon

or the ability to "aim" the angle of flamethrowers and bullets, or set them on a set time to go off, and maybe change length on a flamethrower.. just the flamethrowers and bullets alone are enough to keep me occupied for a while. x_x

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • Bowser Only, All Bombs, Dinal Festination
    • http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2008, 04:25:31 PM »
From what I remember, it was already discussed that something like this would be very hard to do, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway before anyone else does:

Bullet Bill shooters and piranha plants should not be active while a player is sitting on or next to it.

Offline Peardian

• Regular
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2008, 07:37:00 PM »
Would it be too much trouble to have an option for setting whether an individual platform is below all, between, or above all? Right now it's always between (in front of players/L0/L1, below L2/L3). I could make some pretty neat effects if I could make some platforms go below/above all layers...
-Peardian-

Offline Sgraff87

• More Common Poster
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2008, 08:52:16 PM »
Sometime in the unknown future I would like to see more types of bricks and [?] boxes. It is a tad weird when you are making a SMB1 themed map with SMB3 bricks or [?] boxes. No rush on that.

Offline Peardian

• Regular
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2008, 09:06:03 PM »
Also, maybe some more animated tiles? It's kinda weird to see animated grass sitting right next to a Muncher Plant that just stares with its mouth open and kills you. Not everything, though, maybe just things that would look weird without animation (like Munchers, propellers, wheels, etc.).

Edit: And maybe for some of the other waterfalls (like maybe one of the lighter ones) and lava (upside-down lava and such).
-Peardian-

Offline Two52

• Administrator
  • Posts Very Often
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2008, 09:28:59 PM »
Please post the gfx and we can add them.
Also, maybe some more animated tiles? It's kinda weird to see animated grass sitting right next to a Muncher Plant that just stares with its mouth open and kills you. Not everything, though, maybe just things that would look weird without animation (like Munchers, propellers, wheels, etc.).

Edit: And maybe for some of the other waterfalls (like maybe one of the lighter ones) and lava (upside-down lava and such).

Offline Sgraff87

• More Common Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2008, 11:11:56 PM »
Quote from: "Two52"
Please post the gfx and we can add them.

I will try to put together all of the "missing" animated tiles I can find. I will let you guys decide what will be added.

As yet another request, perhaps some more of those tilesets I made?

Offline KingPepe

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2008, 11:19:23 PM »
I was gonna suggest an arcade tileset (Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr. and Mario Bros) but I'm a little unsure about that.