Author Topic: SMW 1.8 Beta1 Preview Feature Requests  (Read 8366 times)

Offline Two52

• Administrator
  • Posts Very Often
SMW 1.8 Beta1 Preview Feature Requests
« on: April 16, 2008, 03:19:22 AM »
Please post comments/feature requests here.  Things like, this thing moves too fast, this editor needs this ability, this mode needs this option changed, etc...

Offline Sgraff87

• More Common Poster
Re: SMW 1.8 Beta1 Preview Feature Requests
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 04:32:28 AM »
Do not make it fullscreen by default when playing the game for the first time. It takes me like 10 minutes for it to start up when it is, or it crashes.

Offline Jared

• Administrator
  • Quite Some Free Time
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 12:51:16 PM »
1) In Multi Star, the text still says Shine Get, and the players with stars still turn gold.  The text could be "Star Get" per the Japanese version of Galaxy or it could be something else; also, since the stars are color-coded, I don't think the gold tone is needed.

2) In Yoshi's Eggs, could we have it so the options menu has two columns, one for eggs and one for Yoshis?  Oh, and an option to have the egg timer pause while the egg is being held would be nice.

3) In Greed Mode, it would be nice to have an option for how many coins fly out (Regular, Double, or Triple).  Also, an option to make it impossible to pick up your own coins.  Also also, have it so that if a player hits 0 coins but still has coins of their color in play, make it so they don't die until their coins disappear.

4) In Health Mode, there should be some sound played when you grab a heart.  Perhaps the sound you hear when you get a mushroom in SMB2?  (It should also pause the music when you get one, if we do that.)  Also, how do the extra life shrooms work in this mode?  Do they just recover X points of health?

5) In Card Mode, what does Bank Time do?  Also, what are the different colors of Phantos in Phanto mode for?

6) In Frenzy Mode it would be nice to have some presets like with the regular item switch.

7) In the Item Switch screen, and on the Frenzy Card select screen, it would be nice to have some sort of arrowhead pointing to indicate that there are more items available by scrolling the list up or down.

8) In the Item Switch screen, could we rearrange the items based on category, like we did for 1.7?  The current setup is:

Code: [Select]
Poison  1UP
2UP     3UP
5UP     Flower
Star    Clock
Bob-Omb POW
B.Bill  Hammer
G.Shell R.Shell
S.Shell B.Shell
MOd     Feather
M.Mush. B'rang
Tanooki Wand
P'Boo   Bomb
Leaf    P-Wing

I think it'd be nice to have it a little closer to how it was in 1.7:

Code: [Select]
1UP     Poison
2UP     Star
3UP     Bob-Omb
5UP     Tanooki
Mystery Clock
Flower  B.Bill
Hammer  P'Boo
B'Rang  POW
Bomb    MOd
Wand    G.Shell
Feather R.Shell
Leaf    B.Shell
P-Wing  S.Shell

Offline Jared

• Administrator
  • Quite Some Free Time
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 01:40:31 PM »
Ooh, here's another thing I just thought of.  What about options for who gets to pick the next stage in Tournament mode?

Any - All players have control.
Winner - The winner of one stage picks the next.  First stage is the same as All.
Loser - The loser of one stage picks the next.  First stage is the same as All.
Game Winner - Whoever is leading picks the next stage.  In case of a tie, whoever placed highest in the last stage gets control.  First stage is the same as All.
Game Loser - Whoever is in last place picks the next stage.  In case of a tie, whoever placed lowest in the last stage gets control.  First stage is the same as All.
Random - One person is picked at random to decide the next stage.
Random Loser - One person who didn't win the last stage is picked at random to decide the next stage.  First stage is regular Random.
Cycle - P1 picks the first stage, P2 picks the second, and so on.

Offline Sgraff87

• More Common Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 04:04:02 PM »
I suggest make the card game mode point system based on the end cards in SMB3. I forget the exact points but if a player gets 3 of any, they get a point, if they get 2 of the same and a 3rd not, they get 2 points. If they get all 3 of the same, they get 5 points. I also think we should fix the explosions. The bob-omb explosion should resemble the SMB3 bob-omb explosion and the bomb powerup should break bricks when exploded.

Looks good so far though.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • Bowser Only, All Bombs, Dinal Festination
    • http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 04:18:11 PM »
The way it works now, Card Mode gives 1 point for any combination, 2 points for all mushrooms, 3 for all flowers and 5 for all stars. You should change your suggestions to work around this.

Offline KingPepe

• Forum Moderator
  • this title came sooner than the last
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 04:58:22 PM »
For the sign in the Super Mario World tileset, it'd be nice if you can remove the grass surrounding the sign.

Quote from: \"JJames19119\"
Times today are just as bad what with the video game market being made up of 80% first person shooters that are 80% brown and 20% black and 100% bloom.

Offline JM Dragon

• Stomp Arena Staff
  • this title came sooner than the last
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 05:14:03 PM »
The Super Mario World item set has the feather set at 0.

Offline Jared

• Administrator
  • Quite Some Free Time
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 07:03:43 PM »
Quote from: "Sgraff87"
I suggest make the card game mode point system based on the end cards in SMB3. I forget the exact points but if a player gets 3 of any, they get a point, if they get 2 of the same and a 3rd not, they get 2 points. If they get all 3 of the same, they get 5 points.

Er, that's not how it works in SMB3.  In SMB3 if they don't match, you get one extra life; if they do you get 2, 3, or 5 depending on what symbol you got, just like here.

Also, one other thing I just thought of, for Greed Mode: maybe have 1UPs be worth more than just one coin each?  It seems to me that, compared to other modes, this makes them much less valuable.  3 coins seems like it would be a better idea, since that's the minimum you can have knocked out of you at one time.

Offline Sgraff87

• More Common Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 07:17:59 PM »
Quote from: "Jared"
Also, one other thing I just thought of, for Greed Mode: maybe have 1UPs be worth more than just one coin each?  It seems to me that, compared to other modes, this makes them much less valuable.  3 coins seems like it would be a better idea, since that's the minimum you can have knocked out of you at one time.

I suggest adding a "0" after how much points the mushroom usually gives you. So like 10, 20, etc.

EDIT: Is there a block respawn time? If not, I really would like to see one where after a fixed time, the blocks will reappear. I would think this would be editable in the options.

Offline Jared

• Administrator
  • Quite Some Free Time
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 08:28:18 PM »
Quote from: "Sgraff87"
Quote from: "Jared"

I suggest adding a "0" after how much points the mushroom usually gives you. So like 10, 20, etc.

Whoa, that seems a bit extreme.  You can't even lose 10 coins at once, if I recall correctly.  Just 3 or 5 at a time, in most cases.  So that'd be like getting 2 to 3 extra lives out of one 1UP.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 08:38:01 PM »
Actually the most you can lose afaik is roughly 9, when you get shattered by another player with an ice wand.

I think 5, 10, 15, 30 is a great ladder for 1, 2, 3 and 5 ups respectively.

Offline Jared

• Administrator
  • Quite Some Free Time
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 08:39:33 PM »
5, 10, 15, 25 is more in-line with their regular values :P

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 09:28:49 PM »
Greed Mode's Unlimited option needs to be done differently. The way it stands now, eventually every coin will disappear and it won't be greed mode unlimited anymore, which ruins the whole point of...unlimited.

Maybe you could have all the counters set to zero and have them reflect how many coins players have lost? Like Classic's Unlimited.

Offline Jared

• Administrator
  • Quite Some Free Time
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 11:12:34 AM »
Since we have all these team-colored coins for Greed mode, could we have an option for higher-point coins in Coin mode?  Red could be 2, Green 3, and Blue 5.