Author Topic: SMW 1.8 Beta 1 Preview Bugs  (Read 11786 times)

Offline Link901

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
Re: SMW 1.8 Beta 1 Preview Bugs
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2008, 11:56:14 AM »
I've got a few.
Kicking an egg into an item block activates it... probably shouldn't be able to do that.
The fireflower cancelling out the chicken glide thing is still there.
While invincible with a star, the Ztar ownership cannot transfer.  Unfortunately, this also applies with Shines and MultiStars.  Is there any way we can fix that?
We should really do something about the font/mushroom house problem.  Try using the Retro font, and you'll see what I mean.  Also, is there any way to set it so that mushroom houses don't trigger bridges and vehicle movement?
In the level editor, the platform layer should default to 1 instead of 3.

Offline JM Dragon

• Stomp Arena Staff
  • this title came sooner than the last
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2008, 07:31:04 PM »
Quote from: "Two52"
Quote from: "Big JM"
More important:

It fixed itself upon restarting the program (close and reopen).
When did you see this bug?  Were you playing for a while?  What maps did you play?  If you could give me the exact details on when it showed up, I can try to figure out what happened here.  Are there any old maps in your maps folder that you might have loaded?  This bug has been haunting us for a while and I thought I had fixed it.  Last time it was related to an old map format causing one of the drawing rectangles to go crazy and not draw certain tiles.  Seems to be the same problem...

Oh, and I fixed the top rows of the world not animating.  You'll see that some of the tiles were being animated twice (like animated palm trees) and some were not being animated at all (like the water).  This bug was related to a fix I made in the last release.
Oddly enough, this is the only time that has happened. All maps should have been compatable, as I didn't save any alpha maps.

Offline MrMister

• Forum Moderator
  • Is probably Booman
« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2008, 11:27:05 PM »
-When a portable spike is on top of another it randomly spawns to another spot and sits there in mid-air.
-Player specific no-spawn areas don't work.
-Two52, you still haven't updated some of my maps including hill in the latest release. (Beta 1 BugFix Round 3) :wink:

NOTE: I'm using Beta 1 BugFix Round 2 (May 17th release).

Offline Two52

• Administrator
  • Posts Very Often
« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2008, 11:43:18 PM »
Quote from: "Link901"
Kicking an egg into an item block activates it... probably shouldn't be able to do that.
Fixed.

The fireflower cancelling out the chicken glide thing is still there.
That is intentional.  The glide is only given to the chicken if he doesn't have any powerups at all.

While invincible with a star, the Ztar ownership cannot transfer.  Unfortunately, this also applies with Shines and MultiStars.  Is there any way we can fix that?
Fixed.

We should really do something about the font/mushroom house problem.  Try using the Retro font, and you'll see what I mean.
What can be done here?  Map makers should use less words per line I guess.

Also, is there any way to set it so that mushroom houses don't trigger bridges and vehicle movement?
What did SMB3 do?

In the level editor, the platform layer should default to 1 instead of 3.
Layer 3 was where the platforms used to be.  I default it to 3 so map makers that are used to the old behavior still get it.

Offline Two52

• Administrator
  • Posts Very Often
« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2008, 11:54:42 PM »
Quote from: "Mr Mister"
-When a portable spike is on top of another it randomly spawns to another spot and sits there in mid-air.
When two portable spikes are overlapped?  Hmm, I'm not seeing that.  Does it do it every time?  Try to give me the exact instructions on how to reproduce this.

I just tried them and they are working.  So the X'd out areas are where players will NOT spawn.  So if you want a team to spawn in just a specific area, go to that team's spawn screen, press "A" to exclude all, then right click the areas you want that team to spawn in.  It does seem a little backwards, doesn't it?

-Two52, you still haven't updated some of my maps including hill in the latest release. (Beta 1 BugFix Round 3) :wink:
Updated.

Offline MrMister

• Forum Moderator
  • Is probably Booman
« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2008, 12:03:16 AM »
When two portable spikes are overlapped?  Hmm, I'm not seeing that.  Does it do it every time?  Try to give me the exact instructions on how to reproduce this.
I made a map where I set 5 portable spikes next to each other and when I throw one on top of 2 of them it freezes warps to another random position and then stays there until someone grabs it again. Try setting 5 P spikes next to each other and try it.

I just tried them and they are working.  So the X'd out areas are where players will NOT spawn.  So if you want a team to spawn in just a specific area, go to that team's spawn screen, press "A" to exclude all, then right click the areas you want that team to spawn in.  It does seem a little backwards, doesn't it?
Yea it works AFTER I do all and then erase the X's.

Updated.
Thanks! :)

Offline Peardian

• Regular
    • http://www.vgmaps.com
« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2008, 02:07:44 AM »
Also, is there any way to set it so that mushroom houses don't trigger bridges and vehicle movement?
What did SMB3 do?
Basically, mushrooms houses and spade houses weren't really full levels, so in multiplayer mode, Player 1/2 still had control when they picked up an item or played the bonus game. Thus, they also did not trigger bridges to change or Hammer Bros to wander.
-Peardian-

Offline Two52

• Administrator
  • Posts Very Often
« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2008, 01:26:17 PM »
Quote from: "Peardian"
What did SMB3 do?
Basically, mushrooms houses and spade houses weren't really full levels, so in multiplayer mode, Player 1/2 still had control when they picked up an item or played the bonus game. Thus, they also did not trigger bridges to change or Hammer Bros to wander.
It is actually fixed in beta 1 that I released last night.  After making that post, I thought about it and it would be nice to put mushroom houses behind a single bridge access and not have the bridge open after entering the mushroom house.  So I changed it.  Enjoy! :)