Author Topic: SMW 1.8 Beta 1 Preview Bugs  (Read 11965 times)

Offline Two52

• Administrator
  • Posts Very Often
SMW 1.8 Beta 1 Preview Bugs
« on: April 16, 2008, 03:17:51 AM »
Please post your bugs here.  Requests for feature changes go in the other thread, please.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • Bowser Only, All Bombs, Dinal Festination
    • http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/
Re: SMW 1.8 Beta 1 Preview Bugs
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 06:25:30 AM »
Jumping on top of a shell in just the right angle cause you to kick the shell while still falling into it in the same direction as it's kicked, causing you to kill yourself.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 06:32:29 AM »
I noticed if a player is overlapping a turned off ON/OFF ! block and the switch for that color is pressed, the overlapping player gets killed. This helped me find one funny bug: If a player is killed this way and the switch turns on and off against while the player is still dead, the player that died, "dies again" and their respawn timer is reset. This can be abused to keep a dead player, well, dead, but can also result in some seriously hilarious antics when a switch is constantly toggled using a fast moving shell...

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 06:39:38 AM »
Sometimes when you stomp a Paratroopa or Paragoomba, you kill them in a single stomp instead of two. Not sure what causes this yet.

Para enemies don't have the stomp noise then you rid them of their wings.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 06:45:47 AM »
Yoshi Egg explosions do not emit any sound. (Either that or too many exploded at once and killed the explosion sound)

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 06:50:17 AM »
Tossing into base to score seems to no longer work for Capture the Flag and Yoshi Eggs.

Offline Agastya

• Pwetty Butterfwy
  • Is probably Booman
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 07:22:29 AM »
Quote from: "Schwer-Muta"
I noticed if a player is overlapping a turned off ON/OFF ! block and the switch for that color is pressed, the overlapping player gets killed. This helped me find one funny bug: If a player is killed this way and the switch turns on and off against while the player is still dead, the player that died, "dies again" and their respawn timer is reset. This can be abused to keep a dead player, well, dead, but can also result in some seriously hilarious antics when a switch is constantly toggled using a fast moving shell...

They also are still losing lives so it's a cheap way to get victory, ze >>;

re: shell thing

they will lose TWO lives at once instead of one if that's the case if the shell hit 'em once

oh lord >>;

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 07:40:23 AM »
I found a bug in the leveleditor.

Normaly, when you klick on a certain tile, this tile get's inclosed in a red square.
In animated tile mode, i klicked on a tile and the square appeared on another one, but i still selected the tile i klicked on.

ALSO EF YES!!!
Requiescat in pace Florian Hufsky.

A great mind and creative person left our world.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 07:46:58 AM »
ESC does not exit out of the Hazard select menu in the level editor like advertised.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 07:48:05 AM »
Can't delete a hazard until exited out of the hazard screen and reselected it.

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 11:46:35 AM »
got spawned into solid tiles two times so far
Requiescat in pace Florian Hufsky.

A great mind and creative person left our world.

Offline Jared

• Administrator
  • Quite Some Free Time
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 12:32:50 PM »
Two52, there was a slight error in the frenzy cards graphic.  I just corrected it and am about to upload it to the repository.  If you don't get it, I can email it to you.  To check to see if you have the "fixed" one, look at a P-Wing card in-game - the correct graphic doesn't have the top and bottom edges of the card "cut" incorrectly.

Offline Two52

• Administrator
  • Posts Very Often
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 01:10:52 PM »
Great bugs, guys.  Keep going!

So the dying thing is intentional, however, the keep dying thing is not.  Very strange.  The reason players now die when [!] blocks become visible (as well as any hidden block becoming visible or flip blocks stop spinning) was to eliminate collision detection bugs when players are inside blocks.  Plus it adds new gameplay where players will try to kill other players using this method.

Quote from: "Schwer-Muta"

Offline Two52

• Administrator
  • Posts Very Often
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 01:12:44 PM »
Crap, I hate these bugs.  Can you post the map where this happened? I changed the spawn logic significantly to avoid this in all cases so this is definitely a problem.  What type of tile did the player spawn into?  Just a normal solid tile?  Not a moving platform or anything?
Quote from: "General Guy"

Offline Tanuki

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
  • strawberry
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 02:29:34 PM »
Quote from: "Two52"
Crap, I hate these bugs.  Can you post the map where this happened? I changed the spawn logic significantly to avoid this in all cases so this is definitely a problem.  What type of tile did the player spawn into?  Just a normal solid tile?  Not a moving platform or anything?
Quote from: "General Guy"
It's happened to me a few times as well, and pretty much directly into a solid tile that is perfectly fine and ..well yeah, solid, even from the original tiletype it had in the tileset.

So far I haven't encountered too much that wasn't already reported.