Poll

How do you rate my *maps*? (Please be honest, I can take it. Highest option is best, lowest worst.)

Perfect.
3 (33.3%)
Awesome.
1 (11.1%)
Decent.
1 (11.1%)
Good.
2 (22.2%)
Okay.
0 (0%)
Meh.
0 (0%)
Bad.
0 (0%)
Horrible.
0 (0%)
...what? You call this crappy junk "maps"?
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: April 04, 2008, 07:54:27 AM

Author Topic: [my]Clonkinator's maps+tours+music (taking requests)  (Read 6448 times)

Offline J2mjucer

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
Re: [my]Clonkinator's maps+tours+music (taking requests)
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 03:57:00 PM »
WOW!!! that maps great. thanks alot! :D
[marquee,Left]
[/hr][/marquee]

Offline Raichu

• Regular
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 04:00:18 PM »
Make a Master difficulty Map!
I\'m a....

click on the pic to see what pokemon YOU are!

Offline Clonkinator

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 04:58:01 PM »
@J2mjucer: You're welcome!
@Sonnitude: Okay, here you go. This is a really difficult map, and... ...the AI's dumbness makes me cry, really. :Ksus: Making this map was rather difficult, too. And sorry, but there isn't much I could use to decorate towers/castles. Anyway, here's your map.

Master Tower
Requested by Sonnitude.
Download.

Getting items here requires some strategy. You have to use the lower moving platform to get to the pipe, which allows you to aquire one item and control the blue switch. The blue switch allows the players to access another item box - that is, until the blue switch is pressed another time... You can also use the lower lift to trigger the red switch, which inserts a small, floating platform above the main brawl area. This can make the battles easier/harder, depending on your playing style... Beware the spikes. Oh, and did I already mention that the platforms move fast?
"Video games ruined my life. Good thing I have two extra lives."

Please check out my new world I made for SMW 1.8, as well as my other new stuff.
Also, here is my old stuff for 1.7afe, of which most stuff, especially the music pack, should still work perfectly in 1.8.

Offline Clonkinator

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 01:09:23 PM »
Heya. I made a new map, for those who are interested. Take a look at it.

Tropical Cave
Download.

A cave? With plants in it? Sure! It's very warm in here, so the plants actually even are pretty large. That is, large enough to hide behind them... This cave also holds an interesting secret for those who are brave enough to explore it. Oh, and of course, don't fall into any of the holes. They're bottomless.

Please check out my new world I made for SMW 1.8, as well as my other new stuff.
Also, here is my old stuff for 1.7afe, of which most stuff, especially the music pack, should still work perfectly in 1.8.

Offline MC Jimmy

• Global Moderator
  • Ain't Nothin' but a Hound Dawg
  • Pon de replay?
    • MC Productions
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 03:41:13 PM »
I like the Tropical Cave map a lot. Very cool how you combined the plants and cave tiles together. Almost reminds me of something like a lost civilization.

Offline Clonkinator

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2008, 08:30:06 AM »
@MC Jimmy: Glad you like it. ^_^

@All: I'm bored, so I made yet another map. This one is half cave, half forest. Enjoy.
Dark Forest Cave
Download.

A creepy ghost forest... ...and a cave? What might be in there? There's only one way to find out: enter it...
This map has lots of blue blocks scattered to throw (exactly 18), a good supply of items, lots of opportunities to climb and jump and a pipe that leads to another small cave. The players always spawn in the outdoor-part.

Offline Clonkinator

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2008, 12:06:10 PM »
Anyone want a difficult map? Here you go. There are some help-donuts and bricks scattered to safe you from the spikes a few times, but as soon as these are gone, you really have to watch your steps carefully. Also, all the moving stuff doesn't make things easier... Be careful when trying to grab an item. Enjoy! (Yay, the AI dies a lot here, but isn't really dumb.)

Moving Doom
Download.

Moving platforms, lots of spikes, and out-of-reach ?-boxes. Will you emerge victorious from this difficult battle?

Offline Clonkinator

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2008, 04:03:59 PM »
No comments at all?

Spicy Castle
Download.

Offline Clonkinator

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2008, 05:32:05 AM »
Okay, so I finally made my first ice map. Yay for icy caves.

Cave of Riddles
Download.

Yet another cave. However, this one's a bit more complex than most of the others. Let me explain. First off, this cave is cold-tempered. That means, it's frozen - and thus very slippery. With all those pits between the platforms, this is in fact no good. Watch your steps. However, if you want to slide around, you have to get rid of the ice blocks covering the ground first. Yay for snowball fights. However, don't waste all of the ice blocks! You could use a few of them to break the golden bricks from the sides, so you can hit the other two ?-blocks. And last but not least, the switch blocks. There's only one type of them, but they are very important: you can either let the switch stay off to access the two bonus-?-blocks, but be extremly careful not to fall into the pits. Or you can switch it on to close the pits, but be unable to access the bonus-?-blocks. Or you can hit the switch all the time to drive your enemies crazy... :wink:

Enjoy.

Offline Clonkinator

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2008, 06:33:08 AM »
Heya, I'm still alive you know. I made a new map, I hope you'll enjoy it...

Yet another Airship
Download.

Well, the name says it all. Take care not to get squished, and use the uneven terrain to jump onto your enemies more easily. Also, the ?-boxes are not quite as easy to reach as usual. Have fun.

Offline Clonkinator

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2008, 02:25:35 PM »
Yay for being ignored. Really no comments at all?

Lake Winter-Breeze
Download.
2nd version.

It's winter, and the famous "Lake Winter-Breeze" is frozen again - this attracts combatants of all sorts for some reason. It also attracts you and your opponents...
Well... The ice is slippery, the snow is not. Use the hills to your advantage. And no, the water won't harm you in any way this time.

What have I done well? What can I improve? What did you like about my maps? What did you hate about them? Please tell me what you think!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 03:30:00 PM by Clonkinator »

Offline NiGHTS

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2008, 02:40:05 PM »
Use the Delete post+ Repost trick.

People ignore fanmade content normally because they prefer /ee/ over everything.

I don't like how you made the ice slippery. Gets annoying to get out of the cave.
[size=300]
┌┐
└┘
[/size]
Epic Win

Offline Clonkinator

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2008, 03:15:02 PM »
Quote from: "NiGHTS"
Use the Delete post+ Repost trick.
Okay, I'll remember it.

People ignore fanmade content normally because they prefer /ee/ over everything.
Awww... That's bad, since this is pretty much the only part of the forum where I am active... (>_<)

I don't like how you made the ice slippery. Gets annoying to get out of the cave.
Hmmm... I myself didn't have problems to get out of that little cave, but... well... ice should be slippery. Would it help if I removed that big ice block that forms the cave-thingy in the first place? Or would it just make things worse?

Offline NiGHTS

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2008, 03:16:33 PM »
Just take out that ceiling block in the cave. The cave is utterly useless.
[size=300]
┌┐
└┘
[/size]
Epic Win

Offline Clonkinator

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2008, 03:28:37 PM »
Alright, I removed the big ice block. You'll find the updated version in both my previous and my first posts.