Poll

How do you rate my *maps*? (Please be honest, I can take it. Highest option is best, lowest worst.)

Perfect.
3 (33.3%)
Awesome.
1 (11.1%)
Decent.
1 (11.1%)
Good.
2 (22.2%)
Okay.
0 (0%)
Meh.
0 (0%)
Bad.
0 (0%)
Horrible.
0 (0%)
...what? You call this crappy junk "maps"?
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: April 04, 2008, 07:54:27 AM

Author Topic: [my]Clonkinator's maps+tours+music (taking requests)  (Read 6611 times)

Offline Clonkinator

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
[my]Clonkinator's maps+tours+music (taking requests)
« on: March 19, 2008, 05:45:40 PM »
Alright... I have been playing Super Mario War for a while now, and enjoy it a lot. Today I registered, since I wanted to publish my stuff here... Well, here I go. I appreciate any sort of comments, especially suggestions on how to improve my maps or my tour.

First off, my maps. I know, most of them don't look all that beautiful, yet they're fun to play imo. If any of these maps resembles a map of someone else, I'm sorry. I didn't steal any ideas from anyone.

~ 1st maps ~
[spoilers:3obx3r9r]Pipe Bridge
Download

This is map is a little tricky. You can jump around a lot here, and the pipes work, too. Dodge your enemies, and take care not to fall - the water instantly kills you.
Classic works well here.

Some Random Castle
Download

Well... I know, this is certainly not my best map, but it's okay. There are two stages to this level, which are connected by some blocks and an elevator. Don't get yourself roasted in the lava.
Survival works, but don't set it too high.

Chamber Room
Download

Well... Not much to say here. The water kills you once again, and you can play around with the switches here to hinder your enemies from collecting stuff.
Coins works very well here.

Wooden Cave
Download

I'm bad at describing my maps...
Anyway... Pipe can be used to escape enemies that try to stomp you from above. You can break the bricks if you want the platforms to be smaller. And beware the spikes.

Botanica Battle
Download

This is a plain battle map, designed especially for the frenzy mode. It's rather simple, but still a lot of fun.

Pipes Underwater
Download

This map has some nice places to hide at, so it works pretty well with the chicken, tag, and star modes.

Flattening Castle
Download

In my opinion, this is my best map. It may look rather plain at first, but the moving spikes in the middle sure add some fun, and... well, I don't know. Just play it!
Works very well with the timer mode.

Fortress Of Doom
Download

Moving platforms all around, switches, and lots of spikes... Be careful here!
Works well with frenzy mode for some reason...

Trapped Fortress
Download

This castle is dangerous. It may look rather harmless at first, but there are some mean traps, so beware!

...if you really downloaded all of these maps, you can play them as a tour if you want. Download the tour.[/spoilers:3obx3r9r]

~ 2nd maps ~
[spoilers:3obx3r9r] - Swirl -
Requested by Sonnitude.
Download.

A pipe maze! Uh, well, not quite. Beware, though - one of the pipes leads to instant doom! So choose carefully where to warp and through what...

- Clonk Village -
Requested by General Guy.
Download.

A deserted Clonk village. There are a stone hut, a sawmill, a foundry and an elevator left, as well as a rock- and gold mine. The small bridges below the elevator are meant to be loam bridges; they have been made because the elevator stopped working. A tip: you can walk on the buildings, except for the elevator.

Brawl in the Jungle
Requested by J2mjucer.
Download.

Due to all the plants and trees here, avoiding detection by your enemies is rather easy. However, don't fall into the water - the piranhas would have a lot of fun devouring you...

Master Tower
Requested by Sonnitude.
Download.

Getting items here requires some strategy. You have to use the lower moving platform to get to the pipe, which allows you to aquire one item and control the blue switch. The blue switch allows the players to access another item box - that is, until the blue switch is pressed another time... You can also use the lower lift to trigger the red switch, which inserts a small, floating platform above the main brawl area. This can make the battles easier/harder, depending on your playing style... Beware the spikes. Oh, and did I already mention that the platforms move fast?

Tropical Cave
Download.

A cave? With plants in it? Sure! It's very warm in here, so the plants actually even are pretty large. That is, large enough to hide behind them... This cave also holds an interesting secret for those who are brave enough to explore it. Oh, and of course, don't fall into any of the holes. They're bottomless.

Dark Forest Cave
Download.

A creepy ghost forest... ...and a cave? What might be in there? There's only one way to find out: enter it...
This map has lots of blue blocks scattered to throw (exactly 18), a good supply of items, lots of opportunities to climb and jump and a pipe that leads to another small cave. The players always spawn in the outdoor-part.

Moving Doom
Download.

Moving platforms, lots of spikes, and out-of-reach ?-boxes. Will you emerge victorious from this difficult battle?

Spicy Castle
Download.

A castle with lava in it. Duh.

Cave of Riddles
Download.

Yet another cave. However, this one's a bit more complex than most of the others. Let me explain. First off, this cave is cold-tempered. That means, it's frozen - and thus very slippery. With all those pits between the platforms, this is in fact no good. Watch your steps. However, if you want to slide around, you have to get rid of the ice blocks covering the ground first. Yay for snowball fights. However, don't waste all of the ice blocks! You could use a few of them to break the golden bricks from the sides, so you can hit the other two ?-blocks. And last but not least, the switch blocks. There's only one type of them, but they are very important: you can either let the switch stay off to access the two bonus-?-blocks, but be extremly careful not to fall into the pits. Or you can switch it on to close the pits, but be unable to access the bonus-?-blocks. Or you can hit the switch all the time to drive your enemies crazy...

Yet another Airship
Download.

Well, the name says it all. Take care not to get squished, and use the uneven terrain to jump onto your enemies more easily. Also, the ?-boxes are not quite as easy to reach as usual. Have fun.

Lake Winter-Breeze
Download.
2nd version.

It's winter, and the famous "Lake Winter-Breeze" is frozen again - this attracts combatants of all sorts for some reason. It also attracts you and your opponents...
Well... The ice is slippery, the snow is not. Use the hills to your advantage. And no, the water won't harm you in any way this time.

Night of Pipes
Download. (left image)

A plain battle map. Falling down won't hurt you in any way, so you can use the pits to get to the top of the map quickly. Only the pipes in the middle work, which can be used to escape an attack of your enemies. The rest is up to your skill.

Alternate Version:
Download. (right image)

Dry Dry Canyon
Download.
[/spoilers:3obx3r9r]

~ Music pack ~
[spoilers:3obx3r9r]Also, I made a custom music pack. I actually just added some tunes to the game's original music. All I did was convert the music files I downloaded from vgmusic from .midi to .ogg, so the game would recognize them. It's just music from other mario games, and all rights for these belong to Nintendo. Anyway, if you want to download it, here you go. Music pack. (You'll need a program that can extract .rar-files to use it. Also, it's a large download [around 17 MB], so be patient when downloading it. Thanks.)
It contains:
[Land]
 - Super Mario World: Overworld 1
 - Super Mario Bros. 2: Overworld 1 (no change here)
 - New Super Mario Bros.: Overworld
[Underground]
 - Super Mario Bros.: Underground (no change here)
[Underwater]
 - Super Mario Bros. 3: Underwater (no change here)
[Castle]
 - Super Mario Bros. 3: Airship
 - New Super Mario Bros.: Main Castle
 - Super Mario World: Castle (It's a remix.)
[Platforms]
 - Super Mario Bros. 2: Overworld 1 (no change here, same as with [Land])
 - Super Mario World: Athletic
 - New Super Mario Bros.: Athletic
[Ghost]
 - Yoshi's Island: Castle
[Bonus]
 - Super Mario Allstars: Super Mario Bros.: Bonus Room
[Battle]
 - Super Mario Bros. 3: Boss (no change here)
 - Super Mario Allstars: Super Mario Bros.: Bowser!
 - Super Mario Bros. 2: Boss
[Desert]
 ~None~ (I would have liked the desert music from NSB here, but I couldn't find it anywhere...)
[Clouds]
 - Super Mario World: Athletic (same as at [Platforms]...)
 - New Super Mario Bros.: Athletic (same as at [Platforms]...)
[Snow]
 ~None~ (The 2D Mario games actually don't even have a special snow music themselves if I remember correctly... And SM64's music somehow wouldn't have fit here.[/spoilers:3obx3r9r]
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 07:02:13 AM by Clonkinator »
"Video games ruined my life. Good thing I have two extra lives."

Please check out my new world I made for SMW 1.8, as well as my other new stuff.
Also, here is my old stuff for 1.7afe, of which most stuff, especially the music pack, should still work perfectly in 1.8.

Offline Raichu

• Regular
Re: [my]Clonkinator's maps+tours+music
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 06:26:35 PM »
Welcome! I glad you signed up! Your maps look great,keep it up!
I\'m a....

click on the pic to see what pokemon YOU are!

Offline Ryche

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 08:35:21 PM »
Welcome, Clonkinator! These maps look really good, and the mirrored maps (same on one side as the other) are good, but lack enthusiasm. Keep up the good work!
[spoilers]Pull something stupid like that with your sig again and you lose it forever.
~LKA

I have no clue what you're talking about and it doesn't matter now.[/spoilers]

Offline WK97

• On the Bright Side: You came close to your record for damage healed as Medic
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 09:12:59 PM »
Cool maps, Welcome to the Forums.

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 04:49:03 AM »
welcome to the forums, i have to thank you.
Your maps have the certain "thing" and look pretty special. I guess i shall get back to map making soon ;)
Requiescat in pace Florian Hufsky.

A great mind and creative person left our world.

Offline Clonkinator

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 05:21:29 AM »
Thanks for your comments! :) Glad you like them.
@Twyleiht: Well, I guess you're right. But these are some of the first maps I made, and, uh, I somehow like mirrored stuff... :roll: I'll try to make more unmirrored maps next time though.

Well... If anyone would like to see a certain map, I'm taking requests (no copies of levels from other games though, please). I like playing around with the editor, and will try to make even better maps in the future. :)
About the music pack, by the way: I'm currently uploading it. Once it's up, I'll add the link to my first post. Also, I forgot to mention which music is in it, so I'll add that, too.

EDIT: Okay, the music pack is now up, too, together with a content list. Have fun with it.

Please check out my new world I made for SMW 1.8, as well as my other new stuff.
Also, here is my old stuff for 1.7afe, of which most stuff, especially the music pack, should still work perfectly in 1.8.

Offline Raichu

• Regular
Re: [my]Clonkinator's maps+tours+music (taking requests)
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 07:34:29 PM »
Make a level where ONLY humans have an advantage.
I\'m a....

click on the pic to see what pokemon YOU are!

Offline Clonkinator

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 07:23:23 AM »
A'right, here I go. Here's the map requested by Sonnitude. Uh, well, not quite... It was meant to confuse the AI to eternal dumbness, so only humans had an advantage here, but instead I kinda taught the AI how to use pipes... :P>_<:
Still, the AI is rather easy to defeat here... I hope it's okay.

- Swirl -
Requested by Sonnitude.
Download.

A pipe maze! Uh, well, not quite. Beware, though - one of the pipes leads to instant doom! So choose carefully where to warp and through what...

Also added the map to the first post.

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 08:10:34 AM »
hey, i just got an idea for a request, if you do not mind ;)

make a map of a typical Clonk-village ;) (with elevators and stuff like that^^)
Requiescat in pace Florian Hufsky.

A great mind and creative person left our world.

Offline Clonkinator

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 08:13:24 AM »
Sure, why not? :)
I don't know if I have the right tiles to build the houses, but I'll try.

Offline Clonkinator

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 11:25:15 AM »
(Sorry for double-post)

Alright... I'm done with the village. Here you are!
I'm quite happy with this map; it turned out to be very fun!
...uh, well, I just realized that I could have used a *platform* for the elevator, but whatever. It's well playable like this. I hope you like it! :)

- Clonk Village -
Requested by General Guy.
Download.

A deserted Clonk village. There are a stone hut, a sawmill, a foundry and an elevator left, as well as a rock- and gold mine. The small bridges below the elevator are meant to be loam bridges; they have been made because the elevator stopped working. A tip: you can walk on the buildings, except for the elevator.

Have fun with this map!

Offline Zadrave

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 07:57:03 PM »
Nice job! Looks like your putting more detail into your maps now.

Offline Clonkinator

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 01:17:15 PM »
Thanks! Yeah, I'm doing my best. I do now know that a good map consists of both good level design (being well playable) and a good look.

Offline J2mjucer

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 02:47:10 PM »
Clonkinator your one of the best map creators i've ever seen I absolutly love your maps
there brilliant! I have a request if thats allright: Jungle :D
[marquee,Left]
[/hr][/marquee]

Offline Clonkinator

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2008, 03:52:52 PM »
Heh, thanks a lot! :D Glad you like them!
Anyway, here's your map. I had a lot of fun creating and testing it, so I hope you'll also have a lot of fun playing it! Here you are!

Brawl in the Jungle
Requested by J2mjucer.
Download.

Due to all the plants and trees here, avoiding detection by your enemies is rather easy. However, don't fall into the water - the piranhas would have a lot of fun devouring you...