Author Topic: So, Top 3 Mains and Exploanation GoGoGo.  (Read 9705 times)

Offline Night

• Too Much Free Time
Re: So, Top 3 Mains and Exploanation GoGoGo.
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 01:24:36 PM »
Now that I finally have Brawl, I can post my mains

1. Meta Knight
IMO he has the best aerial game, flying and slicing and whatnot

2. Lucario
I'm just good with him, that's all

3. Mario
Mario got moved down to #3 on my list, he WAS #1
He's pretty good, but his down-special fails

And everyone else, because I can, in no particular order

King Dedede - He's just fun to use
Pikachu - Pikachu was actually my first main in SSB64
Peach - Everytime I boast that I can win with Peach, I do
Luigi - The first time I use his up-taunt I laughed
Captain Falcon - Oh god Falcon Punch
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 10:00:53 PM by Night_213 »

Offline MC Jimmy

• Global Moderator
  • Ain't Nothin' but a Hound Dawg
  • Pon de replay?
    • MC Productions
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 01:29:00 PM »
Lucas/Ness
Awesome Smash Hits
R.O.B.
Fly away~~~
Luigi
Fun to annoy people with the Final Smash

Offline Ultra_Mario

• On the Bright Side: You came close to your record for damage healed as Medic
  • all dem bitches don't got no shit on me
    • please follow
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 05:08:07 PM »
Quote from: "Night_213"
Meta Knight
best aerial game
ROB says hello.

Offline Mysterypea

• Too Much Free Time
  • Draw me like one of your grinch girls
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2008, 09:33:13 PM »
1. Ness
[spoilers:2v03oxy0]NESS...NESS...NESS...NESS...NESS...NESS...NESS...NESS...NESS...NESS...NESS...NESS...[/spoilers:2v03oxy0]
Imo he's better then Lucas in all ways

2. Mr game and watch

JUDGEMENT JUDGEMENT JUDGEMENT JUDGEMENT JUDGEMENT JUDGEMENT JUDGEMENT JUDGEMENT JUDGEMENT
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP FLAME TORCH FLAME TORCH HAMMERS FRYING PAN OIL SPILL UP B UP B SPAM AAAAAAA TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT SPAM AAAAAAAA UP B JUDGEMENT JUDGEMENT JUDGEMENT BEEEEEP FLAME TORCH FLAME TORCH SPAM AAAAAAAA

3. Weegee

I like to use his Up B and do critical damage. I like it how he didn't get any bad changes.

Offline Evil Eye Sigma [But]

• Forum Moderator
  • this title came sooner than the last
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2008, 05:31:37 PM »
Over Time I've changed mains

Shiek
After Playing Oot I couldn't help but think Shiek was awesome. She has some good moves though like Needle Storm can stop players in their tracks, not to mention her Up+B can do more damage than Zelda's but is shorter range. Happily, she has a tether recovery too.

Toon Link
So Fast and Powerful, he becomes annoying to some. I haven't played WW but I've played PH and plan to play WW. If you can aim his Final Smash you're set and if you can attack quick enough, you're good.

Mr. Game & Watch

Same Reasons as before, I can't help but love the guy. He's awesome in so many ways and like before, he's really improved since Melee.

Steam Profile!
THE GENERIC PIRATES ARE DEAD, GO HOME.

Offline KingPepe

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2008, 06:19:04 PM »
Few changes

1st: Mr G&W - HE'S STAYING

2nd: Ganondorf - I always like to play as him even though I never really played the Zelda series. Slow and powerful and it's fun watching people run into a Warlock Punch

3rd: King Dedede/Luigi/R.O.B - Same as before.

Quote from: \"JJames19119\"
Times today are just as bad what with the video game market being made up of 80% first person shooters that are 80% brown and 20% black and 100% bloom.

Offline Smash and Crash.1

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2008, 03:43:35 PM »
1st. Metaknight- he is both fast and strong

2nd. Mr. Game and Watch- he has alot of ways to KO people

3rd. R.O.B.- He has unique moves

Brawl FC: 5112 3187 4510
Tatsunoko vs Capcom FC: 1720 6487 6427

Offline Felix-The-Ghost

• Too Much Free Time
  • 1v1 Rust
    • http://members.allegro.cc/felix-the-ghost/index.html
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2008, 09:06:02 PM »
Wait how long has this topic said "exploanation?"
lol.

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2008, 02:21:36 AM »
Yeah i never bothered to fix.

Steam Profile!

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2008, 03:51:23 PM »
i don´t own the game yet, but i am spoiled to death, so here are my presumably top 3 characters.

1. Wario: he is my absolute favorite big N character and seems to be a balanced fighter. i like his grotesque moveset and i cannot wait to unleash pink pyjama flatulences of fury.

2. Marth: ohhhhh yeah! marth was my main in melee for good reasons! i love generic sword slashing =)

3. DK: he used to be my SSB 64 main and i like him in meele. he´s powerful and fast(for his proportions). forget about the falcon punch, monkey punch is where it´s at!

:D
Requiescat in pace Florian Hufsky.

A great mind and creative person left our world.

Offline DarkAndroid

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2008, 06:23:53 PM »
My top 3... hmmm...
1[spoilers:6zh6jfa9]ROB
HE kicks @%#[/spoilers:6zh6jfa9]
Meta Knight
He has a flurry of sword attacks
3 [spoilers:6zh6jfa9]Sonic
*ahem* IM TOO CHEEEP! lawl[/spoilers:6zh6jfa9]
YOU JUST WENT AGAINST THE UNWRITTEN CODE OF /EEE/ HERE!
THAT IS WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!!

Life Scars : II

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2008, 11:26:52 PM »
You don't have to put spoilers in the Smash Bros. Brawl Forum :ugh:

Steam Profile!

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2008, 05:14:00 AM »
after i played the game for one week, i finally got my top 3 together.

Starting with #3, it's
Zelda/Sheik!
I always liked Zelda in melee, but she wasn't well balanced imo, but now she's balanced perfectly and her forward B is perfect for long range attacks. Her up B is just fun to use, I love to teleport around just to strike my opponent in an unexpecting moment by appearing right next to him. Shiek is awesome for racking up damage. His(His?) Up smash attack is awesome to kill with and the needle storm is alright. i like the direction the needles go when thrown in mid-air.

Just a close #2, but here he is, right from Lylat Wars:
Falco!
uhhhh Baby! I love the feather-fag! he improved greatly from melee and it is the first time i ever got comfortable with a Starfox character. Falco has some great attacks for skyrocketing damage, like his AAA, mid-air A, mid-air forward A, up-B and the Blaster for long distance. His down B can be used to enhance the distance between you and your opponent when he get's a little too close, just to finish him off with a good forward smash. I special mentioning goes to his Landmaster, which he introduces with the fitting words:"Personally, I prefer the arwing". It's air-movement is a danger not to mess with!

and my absolute main in the game, the one who pwns them all and is sexier than the rest, my #1 is:
Wario!
yes, you guessed it, the garlic loving anti-hero is my favorite character. I was right when i predicted that i like his moveset, and it is just fun. You can ride his wario-wheller or knock your opponents out with a well-placed fart. wario is such an awesome character , it's hard for me to describe him. it would take too much time. btw, I like to play as him in both, his Plumber AND Biker outfit. both of them fit to him (I prefer the plumber one though)
Requiescat in pace Florian Hufsky.

A great mind and creative person left our world.

Offline Karuno

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2008, 02:52:19 PM »
Peach
She's very easy for me to control. Her normal Special is pretty useful in a match in a level such as Pictochat, since he can reflect the damage from the Venus Fly Trap drawing. She's pretty good at getting back to the stage after falling off, and her Up Special can do some good damage to unlucky people above you. In the case you find a weapon with her Down Special, it's good to use it in an attack towards someone who is already falling off the stage.

Sonic
His attacks can be stronger than you think. You can use his swinging punch to get people off the edge of the map, and his Homing Attack is good for getting out of a close fight and knocking someone out of it at the same time. His Final Smash is pretty amazing, as it can score an easy three points from all other players. The only reason why he isn't my top character is how he controls. He's too fast for me to stop and do an attack that I want.

Diddy Kong
He's a pretty standard player, but he's good in the right hands. His A combos are good for getting some damage done to someone who gets trapped near you. His gun isn't exactly useful, since it does not have a far range. His easy movement makes Diddy good for a situation where things can be fast-paced. I have never gotten around to using his Final Smash yet, so I can't give a comment on it.

I have not played this game for quite a while, so some of the facts that I wrote down might not be exactly perfect.

Offline SsF

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2008, 08:15:18 PM »
Quote from: "ssf"
here's mine:

1) tie between Ness and Sonic

Before i unlocked Sonic, i used Ness and he is very reliable.  I can easily get the smash orb as Ness and then his smash is incredible.  After i got Sonic though, i started to alternate.  Sonic is really fast and once you get used to that as well as his moves he is easily a good player.  He is also good to get the smash orb and once he does everyone is basically dead, because i am good with Super Sonic.

2) Lucas

Lucas is almost as good as ness and i used him a little before getting ness.
i think his moves are a bit harder to use and he is just plain awkward to use at some points, but he is good once you get used to that.

3) Pit

Pit is easily the best character as far as getting back from being blasted off to the limit.  His flying and gliding - which i found out about later on... - make him a very controllable character.  But his moves are rather weak and you basically have to button mash to make any real good use out of it...
XD i can't believe how long ago i said this. and i am going to change.

1. Ike/Marth
i like them both because they are practically the same and whatever one lacks, the other has excess of. I am really good at using their guard moves effectively and their final smashes are amazing.

2. Lucas
honestly he is better than Ness, because even though they have the same moveset, lucas' has a  more painful effect when they are used well.

3. Sonic

i still like using him a lot (especially when i choose Dark Sonic) but his speed can be a bit of a drawback, especially when going for items, cause you can overshoot it and miss the item altogether.

others i use:
RANDOM (mainly to practice with all characters.)
olimar (yes i am rather good with olimar.)
lucario
zelda (more as sheik)
and kirby (even though he's cheap.)