Author Topic: So, Top 3 Mains and Exploanation GoGoGo.  (Read 9584 times)

Offline WK97

• On the Bright Side: You came close to your record for damage healed as Medic
Re: So, Top 3 Mains and Exploanation GoGoGo.
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 09:25:21 PM »
1. Jigglypuff-
She has been my main ever since 64, I have yet to unlock her in Brawl though.
(Why make one of the damn Last charectors?!)
2. Kirby-
Well..... Yeah.....
3. Lucario-
I love his move style, His Wall Cling is awesome, he's just awesome :V.

Offline Mad_Monkey

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 10:11:50 PM »
1- Black Wolf- He is just much better then any other Star fox team member
2- Gold trainer You can play as Ivsaur what can I say.
3- White Lucario-  Just cool looking
It\'s not the sound of war that scares me, it\'s the silence that follows.
Wisdom of the day!!
New siggy
...∧___∧....._
..(( ̄ー ̄)...__=
./|__...__\\_/../
|/__=__.._\\
....(...(^^)(^^)

Offline Shadow kirby

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 01:13:29 PM »
1. Green Kirby - He's been my main since the first smash bros. game. I mainly just love to play him.  :D

2. Gold Sonic - Fun and easy to use. Glad he's in Brawl.  :D

3. Special green Toon Link - WAY better than adult link, in my opinion. Also fun to play as.  :)

4. Dark green Mr. game and watch - Improved greatly from how he was in Melee. Probably the most  different character in SSBB.  :D

5. Silver Lucario - He's Brawl's new Mewtwo. Both of them have common moves.  :?

Offline Felix-The-Ghost

• Too Much Free Time
  • 1v1 Rust
    • http://members.allegro.cc/felix-the-ghost/index.html
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 01:52:02 PM »
Ike-standard AAA combo provides a way to knock someone far with the power of a smash attack without worrying about timing; counter is awesome against obvious attacks(Falcon Punch) Standard B attack can be used in the air and is chargeable even in the air, a good move to use while spawning. Although he has no projectile moves, his side+B attack is good when at a distance from the enemy on a flat stage, also chargeable.

Zelda-The side+B is perfect since it's explosive damage, controllable and detonated, very easy to hit someone with from a medium distance away.Standard B deflects projectiles and hurts up close. I like her strong hits and smash hits because of the Aura effect(Especially Smash UP)Her final smash usually can kill all three opponents while ripping through their shields.

Luigi-I like his comic personality; his side+B is fun to use and can easily knock opponents offscreen in stages where you're able to walk offscreen. I never played Melee so his Luigi Cyclone[down+b] is a big improvement, it can do combos now and moves a lot faster.His final smash has many effects including sleep which can be followed up with his up+b, which is fatal up-close. And you still gotta love his dash attack. :P

Offline Shadoezs

• More Common Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 03:56:40 PM »
1: DK
Damn hes powerful, he can just grab someone and chuck' em off stage

2: Lucas
His PK thunder goes through enemies so major damage build up and and whack em with the bat

3:Mr. G&W
Easy to handle, powerful, although small, and easy to get back on stage if knocked off
[cough][cough][cough][cough]cough[/cough][/cough][/cough][/cough]
My Reference
http://http://www.kumanta.com/lyrics-1291.htm

Offline Big Daddy

• Regular
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2008, 06:14:10 PM »
I'm going to 5.

Zelda/Sheik
Magic Owns/Incredibly agile and my main since melee. Transforming takes longer now D:
Number 1

Ike
A-button fanatic. Does extreme damage with normal attacks.
Number 2

Snake
Not exactly super but I like him. Explosives are fun with him.
Number 3

Black Metanight
Awesome looking but not effective in my hands.
Number 4

R.O.B.
Pure power in a tiny shell. Don't like much more than the others though.
Number 5

Offline DXMachina

• Posts Somewhat Often
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2008, 03:39:36 PM »
lets see... considering i've only played Brawl at Turndawg's house, i'll have to give a pretty rough estimate...  oh, and i'm going to 5 because i want to...

1.) Captain Falcon: Need I say anything?  Captain Falcon has great speed, awesome combo-ability, and some good specials to boot, although Falcon Punch leaves you REALLY open in Brawl...  His Final Smash is incredible, and he's got great recovery time IMO.  That made it possible for me to avoid all but one grenade from Turndawg's Snake one time.  I was happy with myself. :D

2.) Ness: My favorite char. from Smash 64, Ness is an all around good character.  Now that I've gotten good at controlling his PK Thunder, I'm not limited by his jumping abilities.  He's great for edgeguarding, and his combination of short/long range and physical/psychic moves makes him great.  Not to mention, PK Flash and his Final Smash are frickin awesome when they hit.

3.) Pokemon Trainer: Another excellent character, and one of the few new characters that really impressed me.  The versatility of using 3 pokemon gives you an edge in battle.  Charizard is great close range and has good recovery, although he is a tad slow.  Squirtle has good speed and decent long range, but his physical strength lacks a bit, making it difficult to Smash-kill with him.  Ivysaur has decent speed and a nice combination of short and long range attacks.  However, Ivysaur's jumps and recovery move are ok at best, making edgeguarding an easy task against him.

4.) Lucas: Since I favored Ness in Smash 64, I loved Lucas.  Ness's close range attacks are replaced with many more psychic and long ranged attacks.  Lucas seems to have better knockback damage than Ness, especially his PK Fire.  However, Lucas is below average in close combat, and seems to be a little easier to kick around than Ness.  Overall an excellent character, but Ness is still better.

5.) Luigi: Luigi is a great classic character for me.  He has great potential for combos, especially with his improved tornado punch.  The Flaming Coin Punch is harder to hit people with than in SSB64, but when combo'd with the Final Smash, makes for easy kills.  The Funky Color Land Final Smash gave me a good laugh, and I like Luigi better than Mario anyway.  His dash-A move is more effective than Mario, and although he is a bigger target, he has better strength.  Besides, I'm a fan of the underdog: Luigi is always stuck in Mario's shadow.  FIGHT THE POWAAH!!!

So there's my top 5.  They could shuffle around in order once in a while, but they are my favorites.  (Oh, and if you dont like me because I picked 2 "clone" characters, then my next choices would be Samus or Pit... [->B]  "HOYIYIYAAH!!!")
Ok, i\'ll try to be less serious guys.

Mad props to Nova for the sig-bar.

Take my quiz.  Do it!  DO IT NOW!!!
http://quibblo.com/quiz/Avb1g-/Which-Vi ... iew_quiz=1

Click here to feed me a Star Fruit!

Offline DXMachina

• Posts Somewhat Often
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 03:42:32 PM »
Quote from: "Schwer-Muta"
Pikachu, Kirby, Pit, in that order.

Not saying why because I really don't feel like it.

I can pretty play ANYONE in the Brawl cast and do decently though. <<;

XD i could go on a serious rant about how all 3 of your top chars are über-spam characters endowed with the powers of annoying...  but i'd be basing that off of Smash 64, and my experiences with Pit's Forward B and insane jumps.
Ok, i\'ll try to be less serious guys.

Mad props to Nova for the sig-bar.

Take my quiz.  Do it!  DO IT NOW!!!
http://quibblo.com/quiz/Avb1g-/Which-Vi ... iew_quiz=1

Click here to feed me a Star Fruit!

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 10:01:54 PM »
Mr. Game & Watch - My main in Melee, and clearly on track to be the same in Brawl. During Melee I mained him because he had been far and away my favorite character since I had first been introduced to the game, and as a gesture of defiance toward my dorm which was full of Marths, Links and Foxes. But I never deluded myself that I was ever any good with him. Now... I can delude myself. Because he's so much better it isn't even funny.

Olimar - VERY unique and fun to play. I'm still a long, long way away from mastering him, and a medium-length way away from even understanding how he works really, but I'm still having a blast with him and not doing too badly to boot. That Up-A... it's a killer.

King Dedede - Not ready to officially name him my tertiary yet, but I'm leaning in his direction. I'm unused to heavy characters (not having played them much in Melee), but Dedede is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • Bowser Only, All Bombs, Dinal Festination
    • http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2008, 10:23:38 PM »
Quote from: "DXMachina"
Quote from: "Schwer-Muta"
Pikachu, Kirby, Pit, in that order.

Not saying why because I really don't feel like it.

I can pretty play ANYONE in the Brawl cast and do decently though. <<;

XD i could go on a serious rant about how all 3 of your top chars are über-spam characters endowed with the powers of annoying...  but i'd be basing that off of Smash 64, and my experiences with Pit's Forward B and insane jumps.

I only discovered recently how abusive Pit's forward+B move really was and never knew how to do that until like, maybe yesterday? I don't intend on using it of course.

But yeah, Pikachu and Kirby are very annoying depending on how you use them. :V

Offline Psuedo

• Global Moderator
  • Quite Some Free Time
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2008, 08:41:13 PM »
1. Standard Plumber Wario - I will not play in that biker outfit I WILL NOT!

2. Meta Knight - I'm actually terrible with this character...

3. Tie between Mario and Kirby - My mains in Melee, and seeing how Brawl is getting more disappointing each time I play it, I might have to start using them more often.

Offline Pibza

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • a good 5 or 6 gallons shot out onto the floor
    • watch my dang stream
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2008, 11:58:14 PM »
Quote from: "Pikablu"
1. Sonic

He's fast which means quicker combos

2. R.O.B.

I dunno why, just easy to control

3. Wario

Still don't know >_>

changing tiem

1. Wario

>_>
HE FARTS

2. Toon Link

Really fast and an awesome aerial Dair.

3. Jigglypuff

I dunno, just decided to play as her and kicked ass.

Offline SandyLlama

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 01:20:16 PM »
I use Pit as a main.
Great Recovery, Quick Attacks and KO steals. Plus his Over-B is the world's best edgeguard.

Toon Link next.
Nice Speed and agility, recovery isn't bad, good projectiles

Snake last.
Final Smash is the best one, his grenades and missile are great if you know how to use 'em.
I hate Blue Shells.
Brawl Spoiler!
[spoilers][/spoilers]

Offline Kabukiguy

• Too Much Free Time
  • What a horrible night to have a curse....
    • http://gdkn.deviantart.com/
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2008, 06:58:13 AM »
Captain Falcon in Blood Falcon Costume -
He has been my main since the 64, and i'm still the best Captain falcon in Newark California,
I also am possibly the first to use the Darkraine Falcon punch edge kill.
I'm really glad dash dancing is still in.

Olimar -
Ever since his announcement, I've always said, "Im gonna get Damn good with him!"
and I did. Using a mix of unorthodox comboing, and edge gaurding, I've practicly become
anti-star fox people.Every fox, falco, wolf, I've faced in town has fallen prey the pikman.
I try to maximize damage by getting rid of blue pikman, and maxing on yellow and red.

Ganondorf -
he was one of my mains in melee, and i got really good with him, in brawl i got better,
with his better comboing ability, and DORFICIDE ive begin to get really annoying agaisnt my friends. Also I use his purple costume.

(ganon and snake are kinda tied, My snake is also the best in town, beause of his nockback I try to create situations that force the oponent to approach snake.)
Fist with a ring on it.

Offline Ultra_Mario

• On the Bright Side: You came close to your record for damage healed as Medic
  • all dem bitches don't got no shit on me
    • please follow
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2008, 10:17:23 PM »
Changing mine

1. Mario
<same reason>, Still gotta perfect that Meteor Smash.

2. Lucas (with CLAUS colors)
Lucas is just Easy Mode Ness, a mode I could Live with, Up Smash is really strong too, I haven't played as Him much but I'm pretty good.

3. Sonic
God sonic is a ruthless Killing Machine, but out of all the things I can say about him, I'll have to quote him to explain how cruel he is:
"YOR 2 SLO!" (laughs)