I\'m a helper!
2 (50%)
Boring
0 (0%)
Something\'s wrong! (tell us what)
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: March 12, 2008, 06:18:46 PM

Author Topic: -= METROID SPIRIT =-  (Read 5517 times)

Offline lgb

• Lots of Free Time
Re: -= METROID SPIRIT =-
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 06:58:01 PM »
*SCREECH*

Wikipedia? You KNOW that everything on Wikipedia must be taken with a grain of salt. NEVER EVER assume, say "oh hay wiki sucks" and be done with it.

Why do you not have the Metroid Prime 2 Bonus Disc anyway?
--------
@Boo: Actually, putting a beam and weapon together isn't horrible. Just don't prioritize, like the Phazon Beam. Make a gun that is USEFUL. And have ammo, I always thought that was the best part of MP2 to begin with.
Two52 is a small Shot icon.

Offline Evil Eye Sigma [But]

• Forum Moderator
  • this title came sooner than the last
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 12:21:16 PM »
Quote from: "LGB"
@Boo: Actually, putting a beam and weapon together isn't horrible. Just don't prioritize, like the Phazon Beam. Make a gun that is USEFUL. And have ammo, I always thought that was the best part of MP2 to begin with.

It's giving too much. I like the old "super metroid" style. One thing at a time, and it all works out. That's how metroid games are fun.

Steam Profile!
THE GENERIC PIRATES ARE DEAD, GO HOME.

Offline Ryche

• Too Much Free Time
  • The person with the algae - I mean bee!
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 02:13:59 PM »
Ammo was a turn-off for me. A beam powered by your suit is powered by ammo? What sense does that make?

Also, I don't have Prime 2. It's not worth the waste of money.

And, I have an idea for another new secret item: [spoilers:18gfkkvg]The Energy Sword. You know, from Halo. Since Metroid is so much like Halo, this would be a really neat -- and powerful -- weapon.[/spoilers:18gfkkvg]
Pull something stupid like that with your sig again and you lose it forever.
~LKA

Offline Turndawg107

• Posts Very Often
    • http://turndawg.wordpress.com/
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 02:38:02 PM »
[spoilers:3le84m9r]First of all, Metroid is nothing like Halo, but the idea of using the Space Pirate's sword is interesting.  Unfortunately, if this will be sidescrolling, I don't see it's purpose.[/spoilers:3le84m9r]

Offline Evil Eye Sigma [But]

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 02:51:48 PM »
Quote from: "Twyleiht"
And, I have an idea for another new secret item: [spoilers:1bwoq9sg]The Energy Sword. You know, from Halo. Since Metroid is so much like Halo, this would be a really neat -- and powerful -- weapon.[/spoilers:1bwoq9sg]

NO. NO NO NO.

Metroid is nothing like halo. Halo requires more strategy. Metroid is more explorative. Halo does not have a 2d game. It is NOTHING like it. What's the point of having an overpowered weapon, it defeats the purpose of long boss battles.

Also Prime 2 is worth your time, i have prime 3 and i heard the other 2 were really good.

Steam Profile!
THE GENERIC PIRATES ARE DEAD, GO HOME.

Offline Chaos

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 02:56:59 PM »
How are you doing this without Stencyl? Or is this a random suggestions-for-a-game-that-might-not-be-done thread?