Author Topic: Anyone ever play Strikers 1945?  (Read 1668 times)

Offline lgb

• Lots of Free Time
Anyone ever play Strikers 1945?
« on: March 03, 2008, 04:40:54 PM »
It's often just called Strikers, but that's confused with Mario Strikers too often. It's this really popular shooter (as in side-scrolling) that I just now bothered to mess with. I don't see why I waited so long, it's extremely fun, but difficult. For some reason, this is one of those games I can play for hours and not get bored, like Raizing/8ing's "B" series. Not only that, the music is topnotch, especially for the original. (though I didn't like the soundtrack for Strikers+ as much as the others)

It's quite difficult, but because so many people play it, for so long, and so many times, there are a lot of high scores with the game beaten. When I say "so many times", I mean there are people who play this game more than the people at DoujinStyle play Touhou. Not to mention that many people there play Strikers as well. (Eryth has been able to pacifist his way through both loops on Strikers+ with one credit) You can see this at the shmupsforum, check out the Strikers threads in the High Scores section.

The game is big about the "if there's a problem, you caused it" rule, and it's face-paced as well. You really need to watch what you are doing and what they are doing too, or you will end up losing all 3 lives on one boss. Probably the craziest thing about this game is that each stage is as hard or harder as the boss you just fought.

You're probably wondering: I, II, and III (known as Strikers 1999 in Japan) are for the arcades. As for Strikers+, it's a NeoGeo (home/arcade) game. The first two got Sega Saturn ports if I remember correctly. I think there's even a compilation of the first 3.

Anyone else ever play these?
Two52 is a small Shot icon.

Offline Tanuki

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
  • w
Re: Anyone ever play Strikers 1945?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 10:38:28 AM »
I've played Strikers 1945, the first one, in an arcade during holidays in the US.
It is damn difficult, the only thing I managed to do is beat the first loop with 3$ wasted :V

Great game though, highly frantic and arguably the only thing that interested me in that arcade.
I didn't manage the second loop, as it's as tough in the first stage of the second loop as where the final boss let off, and I really didn't have all that much money with me.