Author Topic: Questions about mods  (Read 822 times)

Offline Rogue Gamer

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
Questions about mods
« on: March 03, 2008, 01:58:05 PM »
I want to make my own mod, but I've run into a few snags. Can someone knowledgeable please help me with a few questions please?

What is the  gfx/docs directory used for?
In the file gfx/packs/Classic/awards/souls.png there is a mushroom, spike, and springboard. How do you kill those? I thought only platforms could kill them (Thus, haw would you get thier souls?).
What is the file gfx/packs/Classic/eyecandy/leaves.png used for?
What is the file gfx/packs/Classic/menu/menu_ipfield.png used for?
What is the file gfx/packs/Classic/menu/menu_plain_field.png used for?
In the file gfx/packs/Classic/menu/player_select_background.png, what are the "R"s on the side used for?
In the file In the file gfx/packs/Classic/palette.bmp, I can't figure out what some of the rows represent. Can you help?

Does anyone have a free sound editor (for Mac OS X) that they could recomend for the music, sound effects, and announcer?

Thank you!
I\'m desperately seeking "any key" to continue...
Most people prefer elevators. However, after having nine cups of coffee, the stairs were looking pretty good.

Offline Two52

• Administrator
  • Posts Very Often
Re: Questions about mods
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 02:17:06 PM »
Quote from: "GlassMainiac"
What is the  gfx/docs directory used for?
It is used for the documentation html file.

In the file gfx/packs/Classic/awards/souls.png there is a mushroom, spike, and springboard. How do you kill those? I thought only platforms could kill them (Thus, haw would you get thier souls?).
Those are used in 1.7 AFE when a spike or spring is spawned.  The player doesn't actually get those for the souls animation.

What is the file gfx/packs/Classic/eyecandy/leaves.png used for?
Not used in 1.7 AFE.

What is the file gfx/packs/Classic/menu/menu_ipfield.png used for?
Not used in 1.7 AFE.

What is the file gfx/packs/Classic/menu/menu_plain_field.png used for?
Some menu fields use the plain style and some use the normal style gfx.

In the file gfx/packs/Classic/menu/player_select_background.png, what are the "R"s on the side used for?
Those are used when a player selects to have a random skin (press both left and right at the same time on the skin selction screen).

In the file In the file gfx/packs/Classic/palette.bmp, I can't figure out what some of the rows represent. Can you help?
When the player is invincible, it uses these as part of the animation.  And that last row is for when players are frozen with the special secondary use of the clock powerup.

Offline Rogue Gamer

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
Re: Questions about mods
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 03:11:24 PM »
Thank you very much!

As for that random skin thin, that is sweet! I've been looking for that (because it was mentioned in the README.HTML file, but I never tried pressing two keys.
I\'m desperately seeking "any key" to continue...
Most people prefer elevators. However, after having nine cups of coffee, the stairs were looking pretty good.