Author Topic: So I like to draw characters  (Read 4227 times)

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
Re: So I like to draw characters
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 09:07:11 PM »
He asked me to make a Metacrash skin. I wound up liking the result so much that I made the skid pose into my avatar.

From my topic on the FC board:
Quote from: "asgardreid"
Metacrash
(made at the request of Smash and Crash.1)
Metacrash, an original creation by Smash and Crash.1, is a fusion of Meta Knight from the Kirby series and Crash Man from the Mega Man series. This skin is my attempt to turn Smash and Crash.1's awesome sprite into a workable SMW skin. When I began, I was thinking, "Well, it's a fanmade character, so I'll make it for him, but I probably won't add it to my own roster." And now I'm thinking "Oh man, I love this skin so much that I'm going to put it in my roster anyway." I urge the rest of you to do the same, bearing in mind that Smash and Crash.1 deserves just as much credit for the original sprite as I do for the skin.

Offline Felix-The-Ghost

• Too Much Free Time
  • 1v1 Rust
    • http://members.allegro.cc/felix-the-ghost/index.html
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 10:10:50 PM »
I like your character design, assuming they're original.
It's like you're planning out an RPG(I am, my dream game. : D )
Its good to plan first before programming/drawing, you are on the right track; I hope I don't sound condescending in this post, but I honestly know what I am talking about and applaud you.

Good Job. :D

Offline Chiisu

• More Common Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 07:11:55 PM »
Bwahahaha, update.

Remember the stages? Yeah those. Those are only the Arcade mode levels. The story mode levels can be played in versus as well, but you'll have to beat those areas in the game in order to play in them. Shouldn't be too hard I suppose. But wait! The story mode can be online coop too! I May make a two player mode integrated into offline play so that you and your ungrateful siblings can play together. But the camera will have to cover both players, but player 1 controls it.

HOG THE CAMERA, BITCH~

Offline Chaos

• this title came sooner than the last
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 07:56:14 PM »
Why not give them seperate cameras if they are too far apart? Or the circle thing in SSB?

Offline Chiisu

• More Common Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 09:50:09 PM »
Cause I'm a lazy jackass. loljk.

And I'll let both characters control the camera with the (what I call it) JPB effect. With depending on how far the camera is away from the characters, the characters will be able to get apart from each other. In versus, the SSB circle thing will happen though.

Offline Chiisu

• More Common Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2008, 07:19:51 PM »
Bwargh update

I'm going to reveal two new stages. I'd reveal the characters that they belong to, but they serve a special purpose. And I can't say why. *giggle*

Bramble Breeze - This stage is inspired from the bramble levels in Donkey Kong Country 2 Diddy's Kong Quest. Like those levels, the only safe spot to stand upon are the wooden decks. This level won't have barrels or ropes that the other ones had for transportation. Rather your jumping and flying should carry you through. Or, you could climb upon the thorn-less trees to get to higher parts of this thorn-laden forest. You can die by falling to the sticker bushes below or by being shot too up out of the forest.

Soldiers Peer - I couldn't think of a better name. This place was inspired by three levels, all from Sonic the Hedgehog games. The levels were Crisis City, Lethal Highway and Westopolis. The "Peer" as it is called is in a way very much a poor man's home. Mercenaries and soldiers alike come to meet and gossip about things in the world of bought services and war. In this time, people are more focused on not being killed by the likes of Ceesu or the Remorseless, so no one shows their face outside until the sun is high and murderous in the sky.

brrrrrrrr =D

Offline Smash and Crash.1

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2008, 07:25:51 PM »
Anything new music wise?

Brawl FC: 5112 3187 4510
Tatsunoko vs Capcom FC: 1720 6487 6427

Offline Chiisu

• More Common Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 08:29:20 PM »

Uh, no. Right now everything regarding music and coding is in planning. I'm preplanning what to code and I need 3d modelers to make models and animations for me. Although I have been listening to a lot of tunes and I know what kind of tune should go where. I HAVE decided on a level theme for some levels though, and you can listen to the inspiration that I chose to give you an idea for what I want. You may find them on youtube.

Arkain Fields - Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood
Teseroga - Battlestar Galactica - Prelude to War
Thunder Spire - Ace Combat 5 - White Bird II
Mind of the Tormented Deformed - Killswitch Engage - This is My Curse
Bramble Breeze - Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Bramble Scramble

Yeah. I'd like to get some really good OCRemixes to redo these tracks, but I fear I'd have to pay them =(

Offline Chiisu

• More Common Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2008, 08:01:23 PM »
Damn you all, post D=

Alright, here's the deal. I have two character arts inked and ready to scan for your viewing pleasure. The problem is, I don't have them in yet, but I'm giving you the heads up for tomorrow. Today's update will be the alliances in the game. More or less, who to see hanging around who in the story. And in versus or Arcade, depending on who you play and fight, the alliances will affect what's said in the pre-battle cutscenes and victory scenes. Of course, this affects what gets said to secret characters too. :3

Secret characters are in parenthesis, with initials.

Ceesu is BF to (CR)
Ceesu is Possessed, and therefore hates (D)
Ceesu and Hanako are good friends
Ceesu and Syko relatively annoy each other.
Ceesu respects (BH), Akilla and Nakima

Syko annoys and protects Ceesu
Syko hates Hitokiri and Krem
Syko thinks Mem is stealing his job.

Mem protects Ceesu
Mem subdues (D)
Mem is really mindful of (BH) and (TN)
Mem thinks Hanako is funny

That's the first part. I'll save the rest for some other updates.

Offline MC Jimmy

• Global Moderator
  • Ain't Nothin' but a Hound Dawg
  • Pon de replay?
    • MC Productions
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2008, 08:05:04 PM »
Quote from: "Chiisu"
<something about music>
Alex maybe?

Offline Chiisu

• More Common Poster
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2008, 08:17:27 PM »
Bleh, I wanted to ask him to model. I was going to ask artists like Protricity and Carbohydrom to do music. If that fails, I'll make a system where you can pull your own music out of your playlists and folders and let the game play those songs. I like customization =3

Offline Chiisu

• More Common Poster
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 11:14:30 PM »
Level Update!

The Fire and Flames of Warfare - This level belongs to no one! All true warriors battle upon the single landing rising infinitely over the equally rising flames. The Platform is relatively small, so escaping is no longer an options. Occasionally, you'll find yourself spiraling into the fire, only to see that the fires are harmless. The flames will spiral and dance as you battle and the fires conjure from themselves a beautiful spectacle for your eyes- a gift to you for battling for them after having seen nothing for years and years . . .

This is the Final Destination for all true warriors. Not even gods like Akilla could even know this place existed, until they proved themselves heroes ages ago, but it has been long closed from her mind. This place had slipped from the minds of immortals, and slowly took its own mind. The Fires and Flames chose to make itself invisible to all but true warriors. After an unknown number of years, it has at last revealed itself to the warriors of the War on Destruction, our world's crisis.

Gods are not Omniscient. Even the oldest have forgotten that they made this place. The few that would never forget chose to become humans long ago or simply stopped existing. These gods were Titans. Their memory lives on in the Flames, and a faint whisper always replaces the roar of Fire . . .

"Warriors are forever."