Author Topic: Your most valuable game  (Read 3922 times)

Offline Evil Eye Sigma [But]

• Forum Moderator
  • this title came sooner than the last
Re: Your most valuable game
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 01:14:06 AM »
DOOM for the 32x.

Yes I have it, it's ancient, But I got it :3

Steam Profile!
THE GENERIC PIRATES ARE DEAD, GO HOME.

Offline -Super Wario-

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 06:15:04 AM »
I decided to post some games that I own that might be considered valuable, though that really depends on what you mean by that. If you mean monetary valuable, well some of the most expensive games I bought and that go for more money nowadays are:

Tombi (or Tomba in NTSC region) 1 and 2 - PS1 - They really go for a lot of money, at least in the Pal region, and I think deservingly, because they are some of the best and yet more unknown games for the Playstation ;) (I actually just bought the first one after years and years, and probably it is the most I ever paid for a game... though actually I didn't pay anything I was a gift, a very special one ;))

Nights Into Dreams + Christmas Nights - Saturn - That game goes for a fair bit of money (again, Pal region). I always wanted this game, I even bought it without knowing if I could actually play it... :P but in the end I could play it perfectly so it is a dream come true :D

Then there are some games that at least I paid a good price and could sell for a decent price (nothing exaggerated, I do not have games that would sell for thousands of dollars :P but you would get more than average), but can go for less, it depends on the demand and seller (Note that again I am  speaking of the Pal region):

ICO (Collector's Edition) - PS2
Dark Chronicle/Dark Cloud 2 - PS2
Chibi Robo - Gamecube
Vib Ribbon - PS1
Zelda Collector's Edition - Gamecube

Now the games that I consider more valuable ;):

The Legend of Dragoon - PS1
Final Fantasy IX - PS1
Grandia - PS1
We Love Katamari - PS2
Ecco - Defender of the Future - PS2
Pikmin - Gamecube (I still need to get the second one :P)
Outcast - PC

And the top three I mentioned ;)

I myself do a fair bit of game collecting, because I bought most of them looking here and there (ebay and such) and though some might be a bit rare to find (because I normally do not like mainstream games... apart from the Nintendo ones that is ;) ) they would not be too valuable (in money terms I mean ;))

Offline Smash and Crash.1

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 09:05:21 AM »
Final Fantasy 7 because it is worth alot of money.

Brawl FC: 5112 3187 4510
Tatsunoko vs Capcom FC: 1720 6487 6427

Offline Tanuki

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
  • w
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 10:32:59 AM »
Quote from: "-Super Wario-"
Tombi (or Tomba in NTSC region) 1 and 2 - PS1 - They really go for a lot of money, at least in the Pal region, and I think deservingly, because they are some of the best and yet more unknown games for the Playstation ;) (I actually just bought the first one after years and years, and probably it is the most I ever paid for a game... though actually I didn't pay anything I was a gift, a very special one ;))
Oh haha, I have Tombi as well. It's a great game really, didn't seem to be very successful however. I didn't know there was a second part to it, actually.

Offline Yoshi Skier

• Forum Moderator
  • Posts Somewhat Often
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 12:43:40 PM »
Quote from: "Smash and Crash.1"
Final Fantasy 7 because it is worth alot of money.
I have that game too. It's probably my most valuable game also. It's worth something like $90. Not only that, it's an amazing game as well.
Florian Hufsky, 1986~2009. Hopefully now he can see how sorely he is missed and all the lives he has touched.

Offline -Super Wario-

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 06:30:37 PM »
Quote from: "Tanuki^0"
Quote from: "-Super Wario-"
Oh haha, I have Tombi as well. It's a great game really, didn't seem to be very successful however. I didn't know there was a second part to it, actually.
Yes, unfortunately it was one of those good games that went mostly unnoticed, but that people that dug a bit in the game catalogs seem to find and value ;) (that's like many of the games I own too :lol:) But I admit I haven't yet played the first one (I still haven't received it yet), but I do know how the game is, the second one has basically the same gameplay but better graphics (for example the characters are also 3d), also the music is very good for the second one too, but what I like is specially (probably about both) is the interactivity with the environment (many objects to get, find and use) and the mission/events based gameplay.

The first time I played the second one (and how I found about it anyway) was when we rented it to try it out (me and my sister) we liked it so much that then I searched to see if I could buy it, and even though this was many, many years ago (before the PS2 release for example) they did't sell it anymore, so I then decided to talk with the video store owner to see if he could sell it to me, and fortunately, probably also because he was a relative of my family he accepted :) But then I wanted to check the first one, specially after I discovered that there was some connectivity between the two (there where extra missions in the second one if you finished the first one) and it would appear every now and then on ebay, but it will always go for a very high price, so it was not until recently that I could get it ;)

Also both games where the first recommendation in the platform genre for this playstation hidden gems article ;)

Offline Tanuki

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
  • w
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008, 11:12:00 AM »
I actually bought the game after having tried a demo from a magazine in Germany. I was very happy with it and it's arguably one of my most favourite playstation games that I have.

Others would be Crash Team Racing, Bust-A-Move 4, Sheep Dog'n'Wolf, Ape Escape and Megaman X6.
The obvious Spyro 1-3 and Crash 1-3 as well.
I also played Team Buddies before, and I should probably try to find it sometime along with Tombi 2, since Team Buddies is very cool.

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2008, 01:07:37 PM »
it's probably my game  watch with the game "chef" i inherited from my mom.
Requiescat in pace Florian Hufsky.

A great mind and creative person left our world.

Offline -Super Wario-

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2008, 01:19:03 AM »
Quote from: "Tanuki^0"
I actually bought the game after having tried a demo from a magazine in Germany. I was very happy with it and it's arguably one of my most favourite playstation games that I have.

Others would be Crash Team Racing, Bust-A-Move 4, Sheep Dog'n'Wolf, Ape Escape and Megaman X6.
The obvious Spyro 1-3 and Crash 1-3 as well.
I also played Team Buddies before, and I should probably try to find it sometime along with Tombi 2, since Team Buddies is very cool.
I have actually done a lot of 'digging' in the playstation 1 and 2 game catalog in the past weeks, and I got quite a few interesting games, one that I still want to get is Sheep Dog'n'Wolf, because they say is a pretty good game and I always loved the cartoon ;) and team buddies, well I have it on my maybe list because they say is pretty good and it looks interesting, but I never played it and it goes for a very high price normally so I am not sure I want to spend that much on something it may not be that great.

Quote from: "General Guy"
it's probably my game  watch with the game "chef" i inherited from my mom.
I think I never had an official Nintendo game and watch, but I did have several of those mini electronic game machines, and it is actually a pity that most of the ones I can remember eventually broke, stopped working or probably got lost, because as simple as those games where I remember them fondly and I would have liked to keep them. The one I always remembered more fondly was one simply named 'pizza' I think, and after researching a bit throughout the years I think it was a copy of the Mario Bros. Cement Factory game and watch, but with pizzas :P

Offline BobManPerson

• Posts Very Often
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2008, 09:14:10 PM »
POKáMANS BLUE FOR ATARI SYSTEM33.

Offline Ryche

• Too Much Free Time
  • The person with the algae - I mean bee!
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2008, 10:32:45 AM »
[s:3nneop7v]LOLICON[/s:3nneop7v]

I'd have to say Metroid Prime. I have only 23 missile expansions left before I beat it 100%.

And other than that, Perfect Dark. It was the Halo for the N64 back then.

And aside from that, my brother used to have Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the N64 in the collector's golden cartridge, but it was lost :'(
Pull something stupid like that with your sig again and you lose it forever.
~LKA