Author Topic: Somari  (Read 3658 times)

Offline Crunchy

• Almost Regular
Somari
« on: February 22, 2008, 07:45:26 PM »
Hi, searching through the Web, I've become quite fond of Somari.. well does anyone know were I can get sprite sheets of it? (objects and so on) thanks in future!

Oh and this topic will be to discuss all about the game but thats my small question..

I\'ve made some very stupid choices on this forum.  I hope to do much better than I have been.

Offline KingPepe

• Forum Moderator
  • this title came sooner than the last
Re: Somari
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 07:47:53 PM »
Boom

also Somari is my most favorite pirated game along with Donkey Kong Country 4.

Quote from: \"JJames19119\"
Times today are just as bad what with the video game market being made up of 80% first person shooters that are 80% brown and 20% black and 100% bloom.

Offline Crunchy

• Almost Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 08:04:50 PM »
Yes, I know that they have those but I mean more sprites like Taluig, (was he even in the game or did fans make him up?) Backrounds, tilesets and ect. (I mean were did peaople who stopped working on super somari war get those?) you see I plan on making a mod for AFE as Somari is probably on my top ten favorite games (being in 1st place along with another mario game)

I\'ve made some very stupid choices on this forum.  I hope to do much better than I have been.

Offline KingPepe

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 08:24:41 PM »
Quote from: "Crunchy"
Yes, I know that they have those but I mean more sprites like Taluig, (was he even in the game or did fans make him up?) Backrounds, tilesets and ect. (I mean were did peaople who stopped working on super somari war get those?) you see I plan on making a mod for AFE as Somari is probably on my top ten favorite games (being in 1st place along with another mario game)
Taluig and Knuwari I made up. Other people made a Somari-like Luigi just to pair up with Mario. I was working on a Somari mod but I gave up due to lack of tiles. When I was making it, I took screenshots of the game with my emulator and used them.

Times today are just as bad what with the video game market being made up of 80% first person shooters that are 80% brown and 20% black and 100% bloom.

Offline Crunchy

• Almost Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 08:38:06 PM »
Oh... well can you post the sprites you ripped or PM them to me, if thats ok? (I really plan on making this mod, I might even use custom tiles I make with that pallette)

Offline KingPepe

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 08:50:19 PM »
(Note this stuff is pretty damn old...)

(Only the poles at the bottom, the GHZ grass and the Marble Zone bricks)

Offline Crunchy

• Almost Regular
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 09:05:08 PM »
if you can, can you convert the tileset to the three needs? (Tileset Tileset_Mediam Tileset_Small)

Offline KingPepe

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 09:16:32 PM »
It's not finished but I'll do it if you want me to.

Medium

Small

Offline Crunchy

• Almost Regular
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 10:41:59 PM »
Thanks (now if you'll excuse me I'll go find all the graphics you guys did... yes I'll give credit) I need to get my original pllette back.. ..

Offline Crunchy

• Almost Regular
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 11:47:24 PM »
those tiles jacked up my game! I can't even play it now!

Offline KingPepe

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 11:48:50 PM »
those tiles jacked up my game! I can't even play it now!
It was for 1.7, not AFE.
So things probably screwed up. Sorry.

Offline Crunchy

• Almost Regular
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 12:07:38 AM »
Wait, it sorta works (execpt the throw blocks are only halfed...) also can someone post the pallette?

Offline WK97

• On the Bright Side: You came close to your record for damage healed as Medic
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 09:16:36 PM »
Wait, it sorta works (execpt the throw blocks are only halfed...) also can someone post the pallette?
Hey, that happens with the Kirby Mod too! why does it do that?

Offline KingPepe

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 09:53:00 PM »
Quote from: "Water Kirby"
Hey, that happens with the Kirby Mod too! why does it do that?
Because it was just meant for 1.7, not AFE. >_>

Offline Psuedo

• Global Moderator
  • Quite Some Free Time
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 10:12:03 PM »
I hated Somari. Blasted inescapable spike pits.