Author Topic: New Ban System  (Read 8616 times)

Offline JM Dragon

• Stomp Arena Staff
  • this title came sooner than the last
Re: New Ban System
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2008, 06:21:33 PM »
And besides, you are blowing the First Amendment out of proportion. First off, it isn't really you can say whatever you want, because you can't. Need I bring in the "yell FIRE in the theater" arguement? Also, how you are using the First Amendment doesn't apply to school either. You can't go around saying bad things about people left and right (and I'm talking dangerous things, not just insults).

Eh, I'm getting a little off the subject at hand, here. When you joined, I believe that you had to agree to the rules that the staff set, which includes the no flaming rule. There are many good reasons for this rule. One, it disrupts discussion quickly. Two, we are trying to protect the "community" part of the community. If everyone here was a flamer, the community wouldn't be any good at all, and everyone would hate each other. Also, flaming is just childish, and is an unwanted thing among many people.

And, for tl;dr purposes:
We do not stop you from voicing your opinions. It is when you put down and degrade others that we do not tolerate. It is that insuting that gets people hated and eventually banned.

Offline soulbreather

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2008, 06:31:28 PM »
what he said
blurby blurby blurbo
Quote from: \"kNova\"
;x Faptastic. KRISPY KREMES OOHHHH

Offline KingPepe

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2008, 06:32:01 PM »
Quote from: "soulbreather"
what he said

Quote from: \"JJames19119\"
Times today are just as bad what with the video game market being made up of 80% first person shooters that are 80% brown and 20% black and 100% bloom.

Offline lgb

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2008, 06:47:59 PM »
Quote from: "Big JM"
And, for tl;dr purposes:
We do not stop you from voicing your opinions. It is when you put down and degrade others that we do not tolerate. It is that insuting that gets people hated and eventually banned.
Dorino, you are not just someone who disagrees. I am someone who disgrees. You are someone who hates everyone, and hates the staff, just like Pikablu. And just like what seems to be about 75 percent of this forum.

*boot kicks Dorino for "gosh you guys, this is actually James cracking down and you still have problems with it"*
Two52 is a small Shot icon.

Offline soulbreather

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2008, 06:49:51 PM »
LGB that post made no sense
blurby blurby blurbo

Offline BobManPerson

• Posts Very Often
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2008, 06:58:32 PM »
Quote from: "Big JM"
So that's saying, "You can say whatever you want, but you will be punished for flaming"? One, that means that you still don't have full, 100% free speech (freedom to say whatever you want without being prosecuted), and two, that statement you made contradicts itself.

Offline soulbreather

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2008, 07:05:43 PM »
he meant you can say what you want if you have a plausable objection and without offending people

and who the hell wants 100% freedom?
blurby blurby blurbo

Offline Shadoezs

• More Common Poster
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2008, 07:07:23 PM »
with 100% freedom, there would be murder left and right
[cough][cough][cough][cough]cough[/cough][/cough][/cough][/cough]
My Reference
http://http://www.kumanta.com/lyrics-1291.htm

Offline soulbreather

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2008, 07:09:57 PM »
well, that's taking it out of context, since i was talking about the forums
blurby blurby blurbo

Offline Shadoezs

• More Common Poster
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2008, 07:11:13 PM »
oh, then there would be flames, swears, nonsense everywhere, forcing out other members
[cough][cough][cough][cough]cough[/cough][/cough][/cough][/cough]
My Reference
http://http://www.kumanta.com/lyrics-1291.htm

Offline soulbreather

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2008, 07:12:12 PM »
Quote from: "Capn' YoshiFan385"
oh, then there would be flames, swears, nonsense everywhere, forcing out other members
exactly
blurby blurby blurbo

Offline JM Dragon

• Stomp Arena Staff
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2008, 07:15:53 PM »
Apparently I need to re-iterate this to you, BMP.
When you signed up on this forum, part of the agreement was that you would follow our rules. If you do not follow them, then you'll be banned. This includes the no flaming rule.
This is not a courtroom, BMP. We don't have to go by the rules that staff has set. Every school, business, and just about anywhere else has a set of rules or suggested ettiquete, and the sooner you learn to follow them the better it will be in life.

Offline Yoshi Skier

• Forum Moderator
  • Posts Somewhat Often
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2008, 07:16:06 PM »
Quote from: "Captain BobManPerson"
So that's saying, "You can say whatever you want, but you will be punished for flaming"? One, that means that you still don't have full, 100% free speech (freedom to say whatever you want without being prosecuted), and two, that statement you made contradicts itself.
It's not like all Americans have full 100% freedom of speech. Plus, the server's in Austria or something, not the US.
Florian Hufsky, 1986~2009. Hopefully now he can see how sorely he is missed and all the lives he has touched.

Offline BobManPerson

• Posts Very Often
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2008, 07:33:35 PM »
@Big JM: Spare me your conformist way of thinking. By your logic, Martin Luther King, Jr. shouldn't've fought for equal rights.
@yoshi_skier: But the majority of the members are from the U.S.

Offline KingPepe

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2008, 07:35:01 PM »
Quote from: "Captain BobManPerson"
@Big JM: Spare me your conformist way of thinking. By your logic, Martin Luther King, Jr. shouldn't've fought for equal rights.
@yoshi_skier: But the majority of the members are from the U.S.
Yet, STILL run on a server in Austria.  :roll:

Quote from: \"JJames19119\"
Times today are just as bad what with the video game market being made up of 80% first person shooters that are 80% brown and 20% black and 100% bloom.