Author Topic: No Tolerance Policy  (Read 6360 times)

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • Bowser Only, All Bombs, Dinal Festination
    • http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/
No Tolerance Policy
« on: February 06, 2008, 11:15:36 PM »
/EE/ has become a flaming cesspool and much of the staff is tired of it...I will fix it even if I have to scare the flames out of you. And trust me, I don't care if you hate me should I ban you, you will learn to deal with it because you're part of the problem.

From here on, any offense in the rules thread will be stuck to a No-Tolerance policy. This means:

• Any minor offense that would cause a lock or something to that effect will earn you a 1 day ban.
  • Any medium offense that would normally get you issued with a warn will get you a 3 day ban.
  • Anything more serious is worth a perma ban.

All these will only effect EE, however, if you spill out into B^3 then your current EE ban becomes a B^3 ban for that same length, and spilling it into any other part of the forum means a forum wide IP ban. You've been warned.

Worse yet, continued offenses will multiply the volume of that ban times the number of total offenses, PLUS how long you were banned previously.. If you got a 3 day ban, wait until it's lifted, then make a minor offense, you get a five day ban. You make a medium offense and it's a nine day ban. A third medium offense earns you an 18 day ban. This means if you're already in trouble, expect no mercy, and these probations never wear off. Meaning if you had made five three day ban offenses now and two years later, you made another, that would count and get you banned for 63 days.

If none of you can agree to this policy, I'm afraid EE's locking spree will continue. Next time EE gets locked, it'll be locked for 21 days. That's three weeks. The lock will extend by a full week each and every locking too.

So think, you either choose to have a risky forum, or none at all.

I've talked with many staff members, they're quite tired of this. I am too. However, if you guys can act mature about this, then maybe the No Tolerance policy can be negotiated.

Offline Captain ilidrion

• Kinda Regular
    • http://ilidrion.freewebs.com
Re: No Tolerance Policy
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 11:21:59 PM »
i have no problem with this, im rather annoyed not by the spam but by the flamming in the forums, 90% of the time its simply a misunderstanding that starts it anyway...
JOIN THE ARMY! ITS THE BEST!(click on sig)

INPBP=Insane Norwegian Pancake Bunnie Pirates(although you dont have to fit into anyone of those words to join except for insane maybe...)

Offline Outrage

• Is probably Booman
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 11:23:56 PM »
About time some idiots have learned their lesson.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • Bowser Only, All Bombs, Dinal Festination
    • http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 11:25:00 PM »
Also if majority of people can agree to this policy, then I will unlock /ee/.

Offline Yoshi Skier

• Forum Moderator
  • Posts Somewhat Often
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 11:41:51 PM »
I am glad to see that you realize that locking /ee/ isn't solving the problem. It happen a couple of weeks ago, and clearly nothing was learned from the experience. We have come to the point where bans are the only way to solve this problem now. Good for you to step up the plate and try to finally put an end to this.
Florian Hufsky, 1986~2009. Hopefully now he can see how sorely he is missed and all the lives he has touched.

Offline Turndawg107

• Posts Very Often
    • http://turndawg.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 12:13:57 AM »
This is a problem I've been seeing on a few other forums.  I'm very glad we're cracking down on the troublemakers now. :D

Offline dorino

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 12:40:32 AM »
I think the ultra-strictness on minor offenses are dumb. Just toughen up responses to the actual OMFG THIS IS NOTHING BUT PURE SPAM WTF stuff, not the "meh it'll get it locked" or "meh that's slightly offtopic" stuff

Offline Chaos

• this title came sooner than the last
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 07:28:42 AM »
It seems that with all these rules, people would be AFRAID to go to ee now.

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 08:07:29 AM »
i firmly agree, anything is said already.
Requiescat in pace Florian Hufsky.

A great mind and creative person left our world.

Offline BobManPerson

• Posts Very Often
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 08:40:37 AM »
This no-tolerance policy kind of reminds me of my school's ruleset.

Offline Night

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 11:52:19 AM »
Mkay

Offline Mysterypea

• Too Much Free Time
  • Draw me like one of your grinch girls
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 01:42:53 PM »
Post limits should affect /ee/ too imo

Offline KingPepe

• Forum Moderator
  • this title came sooner than the last
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 03:21:16 PM »
/me agrees

Quote from: \"JJames19119\"
Times today are just as bad what with the video game market being made up of 80% first person shooters that are 80% brown and 20% black and 100% bloom.

Offline Tails8119

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 03:29:35 PM »
This is a good idea. People have been getting a little to carried away with, well, everything.

* JJames19119 has kicked Logokas from #supermariowar (Jesus christ you\'re like if LKA and Ylle had a lovechild while they were doing LSD and had a nasty breakup while you were an infant leaving Ylle to take care of you all alone as a broken hosewife.)

Offline SsF

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 03:41:17 PM »
Quote from: "PowerChaos"
It seems that with all these rules, people would be AFRAID to go to ee now.
i think that is partially the point.

only the people who are troublemakers would be afraid to go into /ee/, and so the forum will soon enough clean up!

i entirely endorse this btw, i have nothing against it!