Author Topic: Midna's Map Factory (Requests are Open! C+C, plz.)  (Read 9138 times)

Offline Midna

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
Midna's Map Factory (Requests are Open! C+C, plz.)
« on: January 22, 2008, 06:01:50 PM »
'Sup? I'm pretty new, but I've been around a bunch of forums in the past and then decided to post my Super Mario War stuff here because... I could, really. Here we go...

---

One of the million "bathroom" maps made for SMW, but I had fun making this one.

Ninten (Earth Bound Zero)'s house, circa the early-game poltergeist attack. Both lamps and doll included.

The town of Podunk, also from EBZ. Might be a few (minor) mapping glitches in this one that shouldn't take but a minute to fix.

Lion King Video Game stages - These'll be uploaded into a single .ZIP file and possibly a tour later on, but as of now...

Based off of the second, super-annoying level of the game. Rhino included! (Tree's experiencing a mapping glitch - you go behind it instead of in front of it - but I can fix that.)

Third level, based around the beginning part of the stage. You can climb on the elephant skull, just like in the game.

Fourth level. Don't slip off that wildebeest, because if there's no switch block or Donut Lift there to save you, you WILL die.

Every other level coming real soon.

Kirby's Dream Land 3 stages - These'll be in a stage pack (not a tour, that'd be WAY too long) eventually.

The first stage of the third level, Sand Canyon. This is around the first of the flowers you have to crush to get the level's Heart Star.

A VERY boring map that takes place near a random sand pit in the middle of the stage. Sand Canyon level 2.

Based off of the minigame room halfway through Sand Canyon's third level. The pipe takes you to Caramel's (he's the eggy guy that hosts the minigame) platform, and then a cloud will take you to the Gordo cloud if you're feeling suicidal.

---

Also, as you can tell from the title, I'm taking map requests. Nothing too outlandish, though, and only three at a time. I even have a handy list who will tell you who I'm making a map for and what their request was. First-come, first-serve.

1. ---- - ----
2. ---- - ----
3. ---- - ----
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 05:33:41 PM by Midna »
Old stuff.
Older stuff.
Most popular map] Shy Guy\'s Toy Box, with 17 DLs
Most popular upload: Hi-Res Cream, with 27 DLs
Most commented upload: Sonic Rush, with 1 comment
(There was a Shy Guy army image here, but TinyPic said "screw that".)

Offline Mad_Monkey

• Lots of Free Time
Re: Midna's Map Factory (Requests are Open!)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 06:35:01 PM »
Can you do a rayman level?
It\'s not the sound of war that scares me, it\'s the silence that follows.
Wisdom of the day!!
New siggy
...∧___∧....._
..(( ̄ー ̄)...__=
./|__...__\\_/../
|/__=__.._\\
....(...(^^)(^^)

Offline Midna

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 07:10:06 PM »
Alrighty, then, here's your Rayman map.

Based off of the first level of Rayman Advance. I had to do some "advance" research (ha ha) on both YouTube and other websites, as I hadn't played a Rayman game before.

And, just for fun...
Old stuff.
Older stuff.

Offline MasterLederhosen

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 04:42:27 AM »
Welcome to 72dpi.

Nice maps you've got there.

Offline Midna

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 09:21:26 AM »
Two new maps.

I had fun making this one. Battle in and around a bookshelf, with the only way to get from ledge to ledge with pipes. I tried to make sure there were no mapping glitches, but that's not a promise.

A painting of the very first Super Mario Bros. stage. If you need to get away for a while, take a pipe outside of the painting for a leisurely fall. Need a power-up? Take the pipe on the top. Pretty sure there are no mapping glitches on this.

(Ironic considering today's Dojo update.)

---

Uploading the bonus thing later. (Yeah, bonus! It'll be awesome.)
Old stuff.
Older stuff.

Offline WK97

• On the Bright Side: You came close to your record for damage healed as Medic
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 09:32:28 PM »
Welcome to 72dpi.

For a Request, How about making a Map of a STFU Choclate Bar!

<-----------

Offline Midna

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 10:01:32 PM »
Couple of new maps, one of which is WK's request.

New from Galoob, it's... a candy bar. On which you can battle. If you're feeling lucky, take a pipe, but be careful - if there's no cloud down there to save you, you'll fall to your death. That first step's a real trip...

A generic stony, and hot, map that I plan to make part of a tour. The other levels in said tour will be more inspired, believe you me.
Old stuff.
Older stuff.

Offline Chaos

• this title came sooner than the last
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 07:23:44 AM »
Quote from: "Midna"

Oh god. Now I want to make a map like that. :lol:

Offline Tanuki

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
  • strawberry
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 08:21:06 AM »
The Volcanic Slopes map looks pretty nice, but plays horrible because you have a complete tiletype mishmash.
Try to fix it using the "L" button in the leveleditor, it's unplayable in it's current condition, but I bet it's great once actually complete!

Offline Midna

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 05:28:25 PM »
Quote from: "Tanuki^0"
The Volcanic Slopes map looks pretty nice, but plays horrible because you have a complete tiletype mishmash.
Try to fix it using the "L" button in the leveleditor, it's unplayable in it's current condition, but I bet it's great once actually complete!

After takin' a look-see at the map in the level editor, I see what you mean... this is the results of your advice.

If you're going to download any Volcanic Slopes map at all, download this one (it's the only one that'll work, the original map is glitchy as heck).
Old stuff.
Older stuff.

Offline Tanuki

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
  • strawberry
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 03:42:35 AM »
Great :D

Nice map!

Offline WK97

• On the Bright Side: You came close to your record for damage healed as Medic
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 08:21:29 PM »
MAKE_MAP_OF_TURKEY

Offline Midna

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 09:37:55 PM »
Like, a turkey as in the flightless bird, or Turkey as in the country with Istanbul?

Be more specific - if you aren't, I can't make the map for you, sorry.

Edit: Maps for the Recycled Map Contest.

Old stuff.
Older stuff.

Offline Midna

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 04:54:24 PM »
Four new maps and one skin (it's not new - actually, it's been around for a while), about half of which are celebrating my recent acceptance into General Guy's army... you can tell by the red name.

Since I'm a Spy Guy, my base needs to be sneaky and have hidden rooms and surprises, so that's how I designed this map. You'll need all three (mostly) hidden Switch Blocks deactivated to gain access to or leave the base, and you'll need to use a hidden pipe on the token weapon of mass destruction to get to the heavy artillery storage - and you'll need to use another pipe (there are two in that room, one hidden behind an Ice Block and not counting the one you enter through) to get to the item warehouse. Taking the pipe on the floor of the heavy artillery storage or item warehouse is a risk, though, because you have a 50/50 chance of not going to where you want to go.

(And no, you can't spawn in the heavy artillery storage or item warehouse.)

Another sneaky Spy Guy creation, this one a tank decked out in jungle camouflage. There's not much to this map - it was designed to be a map on which you can fight it out without too much running around to get places. The "sneaky" theme here is less extravagant here, as it doesn't go too far beyond the tank's coat of paint.

Also, the tank isn't what's moving, the jungle scenery is.

Lion King Video Game stages

About time, eh? Anyway, what you're looking at here is a severely truncated version of the bramble pit about 3/4s of the way into the level. Simba's Exile doesn't have a lot of notable scenery (besides, of course, the pit of brambles you jump into to end the level), so I basically just had to pick one at random and then map it. This isn't exactly my preferred style of mapping, but eh.

This level had considerably more scenery than the previous one, so it was no worries (uh, sorry) mapping this one. For this one, I picked the giant waterfall near the end of the level that you have to climb up using falling logs (which are included here). There's also a cactus improbably floating in midair used to simulate the black widow also improbably floating near the leftmost cliff of the waterfall.

Differences between the SMWar version and the SNES/Genesis version: You can hop down from the log platform to get to the "falling log" part of the level, where there are ? Blocks and Switch Blocks to save you from death (the On/Off blocks are on the upper level, one in plain view but the other hidden away somewhere).

Skins:

---

So...? Comments? Requests?
Old stuff.
Older stuff.

Offline Zadrave

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2008, 08:53:20 PM »
wow.. Nice job! You look like you've been making maps for years!