Average.
0 (0%)
Poor.
2 (6.1%)
ABYSMAL.
1 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: January 03, 2008, 01:23:15 AM

Author Topic: Asgardreid's Hand-Drawn Skins (New: THE MII PROJECT!)  (Read 23639 times)

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
Asgardreid's Hand-Drawn Skins (New: THE MII PROJECT!)
« on: November 11, 2007, 09:58:06 PM »
[center:tjo0lg3x][/center:tjo0lg3x]

Hey! I'm a moderately-long-time lurker, first-time poster. These are some skins I made for Mr. Game & Watch, Dr. Robotnik and more. These skins are 100% hand-drawn, so please don't steal them. Please do add anything here that you like to your SMW roster, however.

I'm also taking requests for skins. If you want to make a request, please specify either low-res or high-res -- I prefer working in low-res these days, but there are characters who just can't be adequately rendered in a 16x16 square. Also, be sure to specify the game the character is from unless it's obvious. (Ever since the Kratos adventure, I like to be certain I know what each request is.)

Feel free to share any comments and criticism, too, especially on the newly-released Mii Project!

Skin pack - Contains all the skins up to Raichu. 52 skins, 141 KB.

ASGARDREID'S TOP TEN
These are the ten skins I'm most proud of, and which I recommend most strongly that you add to your roster. They're listed in order of creation, not in order of preference (that would be hard to choose). All of these skins can be found further on in this post, with more detailed descriptions.

Mr. Game & Watch
Mewtwo
Metacrash
Torterra
Geno
R.O.B.
Napalm Man
Lucario
Toon Link
Captain Olimar

Mr. Game & Watch

(low-res version made at the request of Mr Mister)
The outline is red and the only part that changes color based on team. I know it's a little hard to make out against the pink, but it's much more conspicuous within the game. I recommend you play with a green outline. Somehow, that just looks really cool.

Dr. Robotnik

I spent HOURS on this one... There are simply no Robotnik sprites on the Internet that can be reasonably squished into a 32x32 square. (At least, Google doesn't show me any, and we all know Google represents the Internet as a whole.) So I had no choice but to design my own.

Ganondorf

Another one that took me much too long... Here we have Ganondorf roughly as he appears in Melee. The high-resolution goodness continues unabated. Just look at that jump! He's fairly glowing with dark energy. I'm pretty pleased with the defeat pose, too. ("High-resolution goodness" may be an oxymoron for some people. Check with your doctor before adding Ganondorf to your SMW roster.)

Master Hand

(white version made at the request of Zadrave2)
The Master Hand sprites you can find on the web are way too big to function as SMW skins, so here's my own attempt. I've got to say, this guy is really fun to play as. There's nothing like dropping down onto your opponents as a huge fist. Oh, and he's low-resolution, to boot.

Mewtwo
(made at the request of General Guy)
As per General Guy's request, the tail is team-colored. (So is the belly, of course, and actually so too are the eyes, although it's hard to tell.) Once again I have to register my fondness of the jump pose, which is my attempt to evoke the midair cartwheels he was always getting up to in Melee. By the way, grabbing a feather with this guy, in the words of Masahiro Sakurai, "is something you might want to... think about."

Vector the Crocodile
(made at the request of Smash and Crash.1)
Hey, if Vector is good enough for the Olympic Games, he's good enough for SMW. This one was a lot of fun to draw. I like his variation on the standard spin jump so many Sonic characters employ. And I have to give a lot of love to the stomped pose. He just looks so miffed!

Fox McCloud
(made at the request of Meracket)
Meracket requested that this skin resemble the style of the 0smw skin, so I tried my best to emulate it while still working from scratch. I was originally going to have the fur change color and keep the clothes the same, but it just didn't look like Fox. The way it turned out, the team colors are a bit less prominent, but you can still discern them easily in the thick of battle.

Deoxys
(made at the request of Mad_Monkey)
I REALLY like this one. I was pondering whether to chicken out and do the simian arms he sometimes adopts, but I decided to rise to the challenge of creating the infinitely cooler helix arms instead. And I think they turned out great. This skin is now easily one of my favorites.

Rayquaza
Now this Pokemon was problematic. Designing a low-res Rayquaza has the two obstacles that his body is (1) very long and (2) fairly complex. I had to shorten and simplify enormously, but I'm still pretty pleased with the result. It's also worth mentioning that fireballs rock with Rayquaza. If he stands still, he appears to shoot them out of his open mouth. Sweet.

Wario-Man
(made at the request of MegaTailzChao)
Play this guy on an icy map and watch that super special awesome skid pose in action. It's his sideways-sliding shoulder tackle from Brawl. I'm a big fan of this skin, even if his W looks quite a bit more like a V. Ah, the limitations of low-res.

Metacrash
Metacrash, an original creation by Smash and Crash.1, is a fusion of Meta Knight from the Kirby series and Crash Man from the Mega Man series. This skin is my attempt to turn Smash and Crash.1's awesome sprite into a workable SMW skin. When I began, I was thinking, "Well, it's a fanmade character, so I'll make it for him, but I probably won't add it to my own roster." And now I'm thinking "Oh man, I love this skin so much that I'm going to put it in my roster anyway." I urge the rest of you to do the same, bearing in mind that Smash and Crash.1 deserves just as much credit for the original sprite as I do for the skin.

M. Bison

(made at the request of KingPepe)
I bet you never thought you'd see a character from Street Fighter make his way into SMW, but here he is -- M. Bison! He inches carefully along the battlefield just as he does in his home franchise. The jump pose may look a bit strange here, but it's easier to understand in-game when the dark gray outline changes to black.

Medi Guy
Hey, great! It's a Medi Guy, here to heal... Oh, wait, he's here to stomp you into the ground? Huh.

Mettaur, Mettaur Axe, Mettaur Mace, Mettaur Lance, Mettaur Trident

This ungodly combination of a Metool from the Megaman series and a Meta Axe from Kirby was originally conceived by Smash and Crash.1, just as Metacrash was. And, once again, I now like this skin so much that I've decided to add it to my own roster just as I did with Metacrash. Everything about Mettaur Axe just worked out for some reason... A simple, fun design that can't even have taken me an hour.

Arceus
Okay, I know the hit pose is not Proportionally Accurate based on the other poses, but I felt guilty about having rendered that awesome cross wheel so simply for the rest of the skin. I couldn't pass up the chance to present it in more detail for the hit pose... and anyway, it seemed like a fitting manner of "death" for Arceus for his body to disappear and leave behind only the cross wheel.

Chaos Serpent
(made at the request of XutaWoo)
This nasty beasty tromps onto the battlefield to serve as SMW's first (probably) Hexen rep. Again, the anatomy here can be a little unclear when you look at the skin as above, but in battle it should be a lot easier to understand. The Chaos Serpent came out looking a bit more cartoony than I intended, but such are the constraints of lo-res (I'm still reluctant to return to hi-res) and anyway, this is SMW.

Kratos Aurion (Tales of Symphonia)

[s:tjo0lg3x]Ruukasu2005 requested both hi-res and lo-res versions; since I've got a lot else to take care of, here's the lo-res for now.[/s:tjo0lg3x] When I have the time, I'd like to do a hi-res Kratos who carries a sword, but I'm also pretty happy with how this one turned out. As you can guess, the generic spiky anime hair was the part that I had to give the most focus to, and I think that paid off. It looks great.

Kratos (God of War)
(made at the request of Ruukasu2005)
Not to be confused with Kratos Aurion from Tales of Symphonia, the... the way I confused them. No matter -- Kratos from God of War is now here, wielding Medusa's head with one hand and one of his Blades of Chaos with the other. I was pleasantly surprised by this skin -- I was expecting him to take much longer and possibly even require me to move to hi-res.

Captain Falcon
(made at the request of DXMachina)
If he came out looking a little like Mega Man, he can't help it. This is lo-res, after all. Nonetheless, I'm quite pleased with the way the Captain turned out. I'd made an attempt or two at a Captain Falcon skin back when I was extremely new to skinning (that is, back in the day of Mr. Game & Watch and Dr. Robotnik), but nothing came out anywhere as satisfying as this.

Ridley
Everyone's most desired character for Brawl, Ridley, has now joined the SMW ranks. I struggled a bit with the beak on the first two poses... If I tried to make it any longer, it just looked droopy, so this is the best solution I could muster. The jump pose, on the other hand, was an instant success.

HeatMario
(made at the request of Firemariomki)
Seems combinations of Mega Man characters and Nintendo stars are quite popular. Firemariomki requested this fusion of Heatman from the Mega Man franchise and none other than the classic Mario sprite. When I began, I wasn't holding high hopes that it was going to be a legit skin, but I like him quite a bit in retrospect. The jump pose worked out much better than I'd hoped.

FireMarioMki
Another fanmade character, FireMarioMki was described by the user of the same name as a robotic version of Fire Mario. Given some creative license by that broad request, I came up with this. If the color scheme looks wonky, it's because I'm trying out some of the palette's capacities for the first time. The shades of teal on the cap, shoulder plates and hands will change into shades of white in-game, while the purple of the arms, feet and face will change to gray.

Torterra
(made at the request of Green Ghost)
Look at this. Just look at it. It's one of the most meaningless jumbles of pixels you've ever seen, isn't it? Now take this jumble, put into your skins folder, open SMW, and behold. Torterra (one of the few great Pokemon introduced in Gen 4) is now easily one of my very favorite skins. Packing him down into a 16x16 square was a huge challenge, yet the payoff is amazing. The skin really conveys the sense of weight and bulk appropriate to the Pokemon; a friend of mine who used Torterra commented that "I actually feel as though I'm pressing the keys harder".

THE KING
(made at the request of SandyLlama)
Where is your God now?

Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf
(made at the request of Shadow kirby and Mad_Monkey)
Obviously, it's recommended that you play Uxie on the yellow team, Mesprit on the red and Azelf on the blue. I'm pretty sure everyone's favorite of these three Pokemon is Azelf, and I feel inclined to say so as well, but I also had a lot of fun drawing Mesprit's floppy ear thingies, and Uxie with his eyes half-open looks adorable. (I seem to recall that Uxie prefers not to open his eyes for some reason, but it didn't look right somehow to have just one big red square there.)

Ichigo Kurosaki
(made at the request of Max)
I'm afraid I know nothing of this character, but I tried my best to render him in a cartoony SMW fashion that would still convey some of the coolness of his appearance. Obviously, the jump pose is the most successful in my opinion; I experimented with placing the sword at several different angles for that pose, but ultimately found this one preferable.

Metoopa
What's this? Another fusion character? Here it's a Metool from Mega Man combined -- naturally -- with a Koopa! As you can imagine, this didn't take too long. Designing the head was the only tricky part -- other than that it was just a matter of reworking the Mettaur base sprite (see above). Oh... You might want to choose the red or green teams while playing as this character.

Kalrio
This combination of Mario and Kalas from Baten Kaitos came out looking essentially like Mario wearing a cool costume, but that works out about right. Would that I could have included a sword as well, but it's a rare and lucky skin (like Ichigo) whose sword I can fit to my satisfaction.

HeatMan
HeatMan took me... maybe ten minutes? All I had to do was clear out the Mario heads from the HeatMario skin and put in proper HeatMan heads instead. Spriting diagonally, it must be said, continues to be extremely difficult, as in the jump pose. But I think that pose manages to look pretty consistent with the rest of the skin.

Geno
I'm REALLY proud of Geno. Everything just seemed to click into place and it took very little tweaking to turn the rough draft into the final version. The colors are hard to distinguish out of game, of course, but in-game, they make a lot more sense. I highly recommend this sprite for your SMW roster.

Mallow
It occurs to me, looking at this skin out-of-game, that he doesn't look his usual cheery self, but in-game his attitude looks much different for some reason. My favorite thing about Mallow is the fact that his most "accurate" team color is blue (in terms of resembling Mallow's original color scheme), and the same is also true of Geno. If you're looking to whale on a couple of bots with a friend, Geno and Mallow make a great pair for doing so!

Snorunt
Snorunt had me worried for some reason. Despite being simplistic, he looks so unusual that I had some trouble getting his shape to look just right. I'm content with the final design, however. To replicate the original color scheme, play as red. All those secondary shades in the outer shell will change to yellow.

Lotad
I've never tried to sprite anything quite like that lilypad before, but I had a lot of fun with it and I think it came out looking great. You really can't visualize Lotad until you play with him -- the lilypad tilts as he walks, jumps and skids in a supremely cute fashion. As with most of my Pokemon, this one was designed with an eye toward one particular team's color scheme -- in this case, of course, it's green. (Although blue bears a striking resemblance to Lotad's shiny variation...)

Shadow and Super Shadow

Smash and Crash.1 only requested Super Shadow, but once I had finished that skin, I decided to go ahead and make a regular Shadow as well, simply by changing the color scheme. I'm quite happy with both; I was trying very hard to maintain that distinctive Hedgehog physiology and proportions even within a 16x16 square, and I think the design is successful in that regard (just look at that skid pose!). I wonder if I could scrape together a hand-drawn Sonic by modifying the head design and color scheme...?

R.O.B. (Robot)
I don't know whether Smash and Crash.1 recalled that there was already an R.O.B. skin packaged into SMW courtesy of YoshiMonarch7, but it's just as well that Smash and Crash.1 should request R.O.B. since I was entertaining the possibility of making one myself anyway. With all respect to YoshiMonarch7, I think mine captures the likeness of R.O.B. substantially better -- but don't take my word for it, try him in-game and see what you think. The decision to make the standing and walking poses exactly identical may strike some as drastic, but I find it works perfectly to convey a sense of rolling smoothly along the ground like he does in Brawl, which trying to work in my usual "bobble" effect would have ruined. The result is that R.O.B. genuinely seems to have his own distinct playing "feel", quite apart from looking different from other skins.

Napalm Man
The demolitions expert among the Mega Man franchise's Robot Masters, Napalm Man is ready to put his armada of explosives to work in the Super Mario War arena. Except... his skin doesn't include any actual explosions, but that's what the AFE bomberang trick is for. He seems to be represented usually as either blue or purple and so the blue team is a good one for this skin, but I have to say red wins hands-down for rock factor. Actually, in all honesty, Napalm Man pretty much rocks no matter what his color scheme is.

Gordon Freeman
(made at the request of Lexondarkheart)
He may not have his crowbar, but at least he's got a greatly simplified HEV suit... It's Gordon Freeman of the Half-Life series! I never would have thought to put a character like this into SMW, but in retrospect I think he came out great, with the head having come together particularly well.

Soda Popinski
AH HA HA! AH HA HA! AH HA HA! AH HA HA HA!

Homsar
Not much to say about this one... I like the way the bowler hat is thrown around in some poses. I also think the attempt to write something that would look kind of like "homsar" from a distance worked well.

Lucario
(made at the request of Shadow kirby)
Whether or not you're a fan of Gen IV -- or indeed of Pokemon -- you can't deny that Lucario is a badass. I'm a big fan of this skin. The standing and skidding poses are the major highlights -- his posture just looks perfectly Lucario-ish. (Lucarian?) Obviously, blue replicates the color scheme most precisely (if you'll ignore the purple eyes instead of red ones).

Raichu
(made at the request of Sonnitude)
Poor Raichu! Being saddled as the evolution of the most popular Pokemon of all is a fate I wouldn't wish on anyone. Well, now this too-ignored Pokemon can get his revenge in Super Mario War. As you can see, the bulk of the skin is secondary team-colored. I usually don't make that decision, but it works really well here. Yellow-team Raichu looks particularly striking.

Kirby

(made at the request of Water Kirby)

What? Kirby? But... there's already a Kirby skin packaged into SMW, isn't there? Of course, but I wanted to use Water Kirby's request to kick off a series of Kirby hat skins, and I wanted to do so using a custom-drawn Kirby for a base instead of the pre-existing one. So you get plain Kirby, as well as four of his most recognizable abilities -- Beam, Fighter, Stone and Sword. (There's also a pink Kirby with team-colored feet, if you can't abandon the pink.) I'll continue to add more Kirby hats from time to time. There are quite a few...

Meta Knight
One of the most celebrated newcomers to Brawl is also one of the characters most undeservingly left out of Super Mario War. Maybe this skin can change that... I regret that I was unable to include his sword, but I drew up several standing poses for Meta Knight and found that I couldn't include his sword without making him unnaturally tiny. Which could have been okay, but I really wanted him to have roughly the same proportions as Kirby above.

King Dedede
Kirby's other, only slightly less morally ambiguous enemy/ally has arrived! For this skin, I used the King Dedede sprites from Kirby Super Star as a reference (thanks be to Drshnaps). Each one of the skin's poses closely imitates a sprite from that sheet, so the whole skin moves in a comfortingly familiar fashion -- familiar, at least, to those of us who have had the wonderful fortune to play Kirby Super Star. Whaddagame.

MC Jimmy
(made at the request of MC Jimmy)
This is pretty much a by-the-book asgardreid skin -- you'll find no special tricks here that aren't seen elsewhere -- but serviceable nonetheless. Since the most distinctive feature of MC Jimmy's char is his head (and since his entire body wasn't visible in the image), I gave the highest area and space to that, and the result is a skin very reminiscent of the Mii design below.

Toon Link (aka Young Link, Cel Link, Wind Waker Link)

Making a skin completely without outlines? A monumentous decision indeed! And one that usually hurts a skin rather than helping it. However, in this case, I thought the perfect way to make Toon Link unique -- especially compared to the prepackaged Link skin, which has similar proportions -- was to do away with outlines completely, thus giving him that cel-shaded flavor that distinguishes Wind Waker's take on the LoZ world. Once I got the basic form down, you have no idea how long I spent making minor tweaks to the color scheme. With no outlines, it's surprisingly hard to get all the colors looking just right, since they're more inclined to blend together. Red and green teams recommended.

MC Amber
(made at the request of MC Jimmy)
In making this skin, I wanted to retain the same basic proportionality that MC Jimmy has, although of course MC Amber benefits from the fact that it doesn't take as much space to portray her head accurately. I find the expressions on this skin to be very distinctive, even more so than MC Jimmy's.

Marichu
(made at the request of Sonnitude)
Now you may think it a bit perverse to dress up a Pikachu in overalls and cap and give him a mustache. And I reply: Yes, yes it is indeed as perverse as you say. But just think about it: He can take care of your plumbing and electricity needs in a single stroke. Nice guy to have around the house.

Coke
A bottle of Coke in Super Mario War? Man, between this and THE KING I am starting to look like a bit of a sellout. But I actually wound up liking this skin a lot more than I thought I would. I dig the layer of foam on top of the soda, how the liquid stays at the same level throughout the first three poses, and how the word "Coke" came out looking. All in all, a success. (And if you want to set a red bottle against a blue one and pretend it's the ultimate showdown between Coke and Pepsi, I won't stop you...)

Froslass
(made at the request of XutaWoo)
Took me forever to get the head looking okay on this one... I don't know about Froslass. I'm not a huge fan of her design, and it didn't translate incredibly well into SMW format -- not, at least, as well as the skin below this one. Still, she's all right. The red team replicates her usual coloration, obviously.

Glalie

Now Glalie, I like. He may have a simple design, but he's one of Gen III's coolest Pokemon nonetheless, and I think he came out looking great. The shading works superbly to suggest layers and indentations within his icy shell. Only the eyes change color based on team, so it's blue you want if you're looking for a representation of the standard Glalie.

Spinia
What, no spinning action? I tried to emulate a spinning effect with the normal and walking poses, but with only two frames it didn't come across effectively, so I settled for a slinkier form of motion instead. Still wound up looking pretty good, though, and I like how the lighting turned out.

Pit
(made at the request of Gardakan)
There's already a Pit skin packaged into SMW, of course, but that's the super-retro Pit from twenty years ago. For this skin, I tried to portray a more Brawl-esque design, though sadly lacking his bow/swords. (Accessories are such a hassle in SMW...) Pit took me a while, but I'm extremely happy with his final design; things like the hair and wings just worked. (To replicate Pit's color scheme in Brawl, use the yellow team.)

Tom Nook

Evil? Possible. Leader of the Animal Crossing Mafia? Perhaps. Worthy of being among the elite ranks of SMW fighters? Oh totally. No matter whether you love him or are stupid, Tom Nook has deserved skinification for quite some time. Now, at last, he can stomp his opponents into oblivion and sell their valuables on the black market. That's the Tom Nook way... the Nookway, if you will.

Ike
(made at the request of Gardakan)
This is definitely one of the most time-consuming skins I've ever created, but I feel an enormous sense of accomplishment with him. He just seems to inhabit the space very well and his basic form, which I trashed three prototype designs before arriving upon, is a mighty fine condensation of Ike's body shape. I would have liked to have more room to flesh out the jump pose a little, but it still looks great in the thick of combat. Also, if you put him on the blue team he looks kind of like Roy, if you're interested.

Bomberman

Another personal commission. I just felt like hazey's prepackaged Bomberman skin -- with all due respect to hazey -- just didn't look enough like Bomberman, in terms of size, shape and coloration. This Bomberman skin fills the space much better, is proportioned somewhat more accurately, and uses a more varied palette, all to produce a skin that more closely resembles the current Bomberman design. (I don't even have any particular nostalgia or such for the character, I just thought it was a skin that could use retooling.)

Captain Olimar

A low-res skin that portrays Captain Olimar with a trio of Pikmin trailing behind him? How awesome must that be? Awesome enough to immediately land Olimar a spot on my Top Ten (see top of post), the first time any skin has received such treatment. Trust me: You want to add Olimar to your roster. I've been making attempt after attempt to start up a good Olimar skin, and this one finally succeeded. I know the colors look a little cluttered here, but they all blend much better in-game to produce a simply lovely effect. The Pikmin are a bit smaller and less detailed than I wanted, but it was worth that to be able to do the skin in low-res.

And hey! It turns out I even have some maps! Who would have guessed, huh?

Labyrinth

Download
I live in a dorm where SMW has been pretty much a way of life for the past few months, and Labyrinth has become the map of choice within our circle. As you can probably tell, it's more of a tactical challenge than a test of raw jumping and weapon-using ability. There are all kinds of little mannerisms, some good, some bad, that I never predicted when I first built the map. For instance, you're probably not going to like what happens when a Star pops out of one of the two center boxes. But do give Labyrinth a chance; it comes to you very highly recommended by more than just me.

Vault

Download
Another dorm favorite, Vault's objective is simple. Hit the appropriate switches to enclose yourself within any of the four vaults, and snag an item or two in relative safety before heading back out into the open to flatten your opponent. Obviously, you can't hope to stay in a vault for long -- your opponent can always go hit another switch to open your vault up and come in after you. And it's that duel of on-off blocks that gives Vault its distinctive style of gameplay. Just... keep your fingers crossed that your opponent doesn't get a Hammer or Boomerang.

Trench Warfare

Download
I'll be honest with you: This map is not made for one-on-one matches. If you fall into the trench, you're basically stuck there while your enemy has fun with the question blocks until he finally sees fit to kill you (unless he has some remarkable reason for letting you out). Trench Warfare is meant to be played two-on-two, and that's where it shines. I've spent hours teaming up with friends against a pair of Very Hard bots on this map. We've perfected a fun routine: we lure enemies into the pit, then one of us stomps on them while the other stands by under the switches, ready to turn either one off temporarily to release the first player. It really instills a feeling of cooperation, more so than going two-on-two on a map like 0smw does.

I'm not quite ready to do map requests, I think... It's harder to understand a map request than a skin request, unless the requester is REALLY specific. I doubt I could do justice to any requests. Of course, that could always change...

And now...

[center:tjo0lg3x]
Download v1.0[/center:tjo0lg3x]

I'm very proud to present the Mii Project! This will be an ongoing project to allow users to create pixelated Miis for Super Mario War, akin to the Miis you can create for your Nintendo Wii. You're witnessing the inauguration of a huge new undertaking that I'll update periodically in addition to completing skin requests. Download it now (just 725 KB) and start churning out those Miis!

This is the way the Mii Project's system works in a nutshell. You take one of six basic skins, like this:

Then you find elements you want to add, take those entire images and paste them onto the skin. No repositioning or recoloring necessary -- that's all done for you!

So, say I wanted to add this pair of eyes...
...This nose...
...This mouth...
...These ears...
...These eyebrows...
...This hair...
...This shirt...
...And these shoes.

All I'd need to do is paste those images directly onto the original skin. The result would look like this:

[center:tjo0lg3x]
Which would translate in-game to these characters![/center:tjo0lg3x]

All that in about a minute. The combinations are limitless. And they're only going to get more limitless as I keep updating the Project with new elements, so check back every month to see what's new!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 10:19:31 AM by asgardreid »

Offline MrMister

• Forum Moderator
  • Is probably Booman
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 10:11:08 PM »
I like your attempt at G&W... Can you make a low-res one? :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MrMister »

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 10:14:56 PM »
Low-resolution? What do you mean in this context? I'm a n00b, you see.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by asgardreid »

Offline JM Dragon

• Stomp Arena Staff
  • this title came sooner than the last
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 10:25:54 PM »
Quote from: "asgardreid"
Low-resolution? What do you mean in this context? I'm a n00b, you see.

Low-resolution (aka "lo-res") is a style of skin that uses a 16 by 16 pixel grid for each frame, that is afterwards resized without any blurring to fit into the 32 by 32 grid that SMW requires. For an example, look at 0smw skin.
Also see this
Team color info
Lo-res skin template
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Big JM »

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 10:45:39 PM »
Ah, geez... I could maybe do that with some of the sprites, but if I were to try to fit that trampoline jump into a 16-pixel square, terrible things would happen. And I do like that trampoline jump an awful lot.

Still, if you wouldn't mind having a regular jump pose sans trampoline, I could certainly wrangle up just such a skin. I'll stick with the original, though, for my own game.

Offline MrMister

• Forum Moderator
  • Is probably Booman
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 10:57:01 PM »
Whatever works. :)

Offline Agastya

• Pwetty Butterfwy
  • Is probably Booman
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 07:22:13 AM »
Quote from: "Mr Mister"

.. how can you get any lower a resolution than G&W
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by LKA »

Offline thunder bro

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
    • http://endoftheearth.b1.jcink.com
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »
I love the game and watch one.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by thunder bro »

Offline MrMister

• Forum Moderator
  • Is probably Booman
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 04:34:41 PM »
Quote from: "Dr. LKA"
Quote from: "Mr Mister"

.. how can you get any lower a resolution than G&W

Lol. Good point. :)

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 11:22:03 PM »
Ganondorf added! See top post.

Offline Sprint

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 11:24:39 PM »
Quote from: "asgardreid"
Ganondorf added! See top post.

It's not there...

EDIT: Now it is...

EDIT 2: It's amazing.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 11:29:07 PM by Sprint »

Offline MrMister

• Forum Moderator
  • Is probably Booman
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 11:25:03 PM »
you should really edit the 1st post FIRST, then post a reply. :)

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 11:27:43 PM »
Yeah, that whole thing with foresight is, uh... an issue.

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 01:28:13 PM »
Master Hand has now been added for your enjoyment. Unless you don't like him, in which case he was added to annoy you.

Offline Zadrave

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 02:23:21 PM »
can you make master hand not team colored? It just gives it originality.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Zadrave »