Author Topic: The Suggestions Thread v2.5  (Read 80050 times)

Offline JM Dragon

  • Stomp Arena Staff
  • this title came sooner than the last
  • **
  • Posts: 3629
(No subject)
« Reply #1260 on: December 19, 2006, 07:59:25 PM »
I have an idea, a travel edition of 1.7. You know how SMW uses that msvcr71.dll that is in system 32 in newer windows operating systems, right? I have this idea where someone can paste that file in the SMW main file with all the other .dll's, so that it can be used at school or on a trip, if you are staying in a hotel. I do not know how hard it would be to do, hawever.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Big JM »
 

Offline RAP

  • Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
  • **
  • Posts: 123
(No subject)
« Reply #1261 on: December 19, 2006, 08:17:18 PM »
I have no idea what your taking about... (seriously!!  :? )
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by RAP »

Offline JM Dragon

  • Stomp Arena Staff
  • this title came sooner than the last
  • **
  • Posts: 3629
(No subject)
« Reply #1262 on: December 19, 2006, 08:26:40 PM »
What I meant was, instead of that file having to be in the system 32 folder, it would work in the SMW folder.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Big JM »
 

Offline Evil Eye Sigma [But]

  • Forum Moderator
  • this title came sooner than the last
  • *
  • Posts: 3678
(No subject)
« Reply #1263 on: December 19, 2006, 09:13:07 PM »
Quote from: "Big JM"
I have an idea, a travel edition of 1.7. You know how SMW uses that msvcr71.dll that is in system 32 in newer windows operating systems, right? I have this idea where someone can paste that file in the SMW main file with all the other .dll's, so that it can be used at school or on a trip, if you are staying in a hotel. I do not know how hard it would be to do, hawever.


That would be very useful, but i think that wouldn't take THAT much of a while.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Evil Eye Sigma [Bot] »

Steam Profile!
THE GENERIC PIRATES ARE DEAD, GO HOME.

Offline Jared

  • Administrator
  • Quite Some Free Time
  • *
  • Posts: 2495
(No subject)
« Reply #1264 on: December 19, 2006, 10:50:42 PM »
Quote from: "Sgraff87"
I think there should be a time limit to have the bomb-omb powerup. The player that is the bomb-omb should start to flash and then explode after so much time.


The problem with this is that then there's no incentive to chase people in the first place - they can run away while you are flashing.  Or worse, stomp you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Jared »

Offline Sgraff87

  • More Common Poster
  • ******
  • Posts: 1213
(No subject)
« Reply #1265 on: December 19, 2006, 10:54:14 PM »
Quote from: "Jared"
Quote from: "Sgraff87"
I think there should be a time limit to have the bomb-omb powerup. The player that is the bomb-omb should start to flash and then explode after so much time.

The problem with this is that then there's no incentive to chase people in the first place - they can run away while you are flashing.  Or worse, stomp you.


I do not see the problem. It is all the same. Just you have a limit of time so that the player doesn't just sit around as a bomb-omb. Plus it makes more sense for a lit bomb-omb to explode after so much time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Sgraff87 »

Offline Jared

  • Administrator
  • Quite Some Free Time
  • *
  • Posts: 2495
(No subject)
« Reply #1266 on: December 19, 2006, 11:11:56 PM »
....OOOOOHHH I get it now.  You mean for the thing to expire automatically.  I thought you meant, you press fire and then you sit there for a few seconds, unable to move, while you wait for yourself to explode.  So you're saying that other than that, it should stay the same, with no delay when you actually press the button?

I like what Peardian said about actually dying when that happened - but also make the explosion bigger when it happens so that when you sacrifice a life, you are still gaining something, if only a little kill potential.

If this gets added then there should be an option to set how long the Bob-Omb lasts before this occurs, of course.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Jared »

Offline Evil Eye Sigma [But]

  • Forum Moderator
  • this title came sooner than the last
  • *
  • Posts: 3678
(No subject)
« Reply #1267 on: December 20, 2006, 01:07:22 PM »
Quote from: "Jared"
....OOOOOHHH I get it now.  You mean for the thing to expire automatically.  I thought you meant, you press fire and then you sit there for a few seconds, unable to move, while you wait for yourself to explode.  So you're saying that other than that, it should stay the same, with no delay when you actually press the button?

I like what Peardian said about actually dying when that happened - but also make the explosion bigger when it happens so that when you sacrifice a life, you are still gaining something, if only a little kill potential.

If this gets added then there should be an option to set how long the Bob-Omb lasts before this occurs, of course.


Perhaps you should set that for an option, also if the other person stomps on you, why should they become the bom-omb?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Evil Eye Sigma [Bot] »

Steam Profile!
THE GENERIC PIRATES ARE DEAD, GO HOME.

Offline Open

  • More Common Poster
  • ******
  • Posts: 939
(No subject)
« Reply #1268 on: December 20, 2006, 04:13:21 PM »
Sleet mod.
Like survival but you must avoid the large chunks of sleet/snow(or ice). When a peice of large sleet hits the ground, it explodes and all things(including items) next to the hit zone are destroyed.

Snow tile. You can dig through it and it can hide items.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Open »
Dated 72dpiarmy projects] SMWLE (SMW Landmine Edition)
No current projects here... yet.
Free to do graphics/map requests for anyone, just PM me.

Offline Jared

  • Administrator
  • Quite Some Free Time
  • *
  • Posts: 2495
(No subject)
« Reply #1269 on: December 20, 2006, 11:09:39 PM »
Locking now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Jared »

Offline Jared

  • Administrator
  • Quite Some Free Time
  • *
  • Posts: 2495
(No subject)
« Reply #1270 on: January 15, 2007, 12:16:35 PM »
Unstickying this thread because I've started work on the new one.

(edit: and no that does not mean that it will be done soon.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Jared »