Poll

Did you find this helpfull?

Yes
16 (84.2%)
No
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: March 24, 2007, 10:32:22 PM

Author Topic: Making a map with another mod.  (Read 7800 times)

Offline Neavea

• Regular
    • http://www.gfxcenter.co.nr
Making a map with another mod.
« on: March 24, 2007, 10:32:22 PM »
If you would like to make a map with another mod then please read this.
What you first do is you open up your "map" folder in the smw folder. If you don’t know where that is go to your programs folder and look for a folder that has "smw" in it.

To start you need to create two folders. One folder will be called
Classic and Retro Maps", the other folder will have the same name as the mod you are going to use.(example "Kirby Maps") Then you select every map that is associated with the "Classic" and a file called "Tileset.tls". Be sure to leave "ZZlevelleditor" out of your collection. Once you have that done, you drag it into your "Classic and Retro Maps" Folder. Now you go to back to the smw folder and click on "Gfx".
Click on "Packs" ; you should see all of your mods here. (Btw this is also where you put a mod if you downloaded one)

Then, rename your "Classic" Pack to whatever you want and also rename your mod that you want to make a map with to "Classic". This is important because when the level editor starts up it uses the tileset in the "Classic" Folder for the blocks you see when you press "T" in the level editor. Which is why we are renaming the mod you want to make maps with to "Classic".

Now once that is done, open the level editor and whala!!! You can now make maps with that mod!

Notes:
  • Tileset.tls

You know those red blocks you see that represent different things in the level editor right? Well you must know then that the level editor uses a file for those red blocks right? no? oh... then let me tell you about them...

If a mod does not come with a file called "Tileset.tls" then you must ask the maker(s) of the mod for one. This is too ensure that all maps put on the website, will be based on the same tileset. The "Tileset.tls" is the file that tells the level editor what each block's terrain type is (spike, lava, ice, solid, platform), and if you are editing those terrain types I suggest you stop because if you post that map and some one plays it, it will not have the same type of terrain (because the person might use a different tileset) So if you don’t want a solid be a solid, instead use the "L" command to make it your own way, this allows you to edit the blocks, without editing the tileset.

When you are moving maps in the "maps" folder be sure to include the correct tileset with the correct mod. Otherwise some problems may occur while playing with maps that belong to one mod, while the tileset they are using belongs to another.
  • Switching between mods

If you want to make a level with the classic mod and you don’t know how to switch between mods, then first go to your "maps" folder in the smw bin. Then if you already have a folder for the mod you were using, drag everything other then the "zzleveledtior" into that folder. If you do not, create a folder right now, and title it the same name the mod that you were using has. Now open the folder in which you want to use maps from, in this case "classic". Select everything, cut it ([ctrl]+
  • ) and go back to the "maps" folder and then paste it ([ctrl]+[v]). Now go back to the smw bin and click on "gfx", "packs" and rename the old mod you were using to its original name and rename the new mod you want to use (in this case classic) to "classic". Now you are able to make levels with that mod. And remember, if you want to play with a certain set of maps with a mod all you need to do is the first step. (Moving the files around in the "maps" folder)
  • [/li]
  • Lost your original Tileset?

Here is the tileset to the original: Classic Tileset

And if you lost it for a mod please ask the maker of the mod in the topic that the mod is in, not this one.

Also, NEVER RENAME THE TILESET TO ANYTHING ELSE!!! Other wise when you open up the level edtior, it cannot find it.

If you have any questions excluding my grammar and spelling, please post them below.  :lol:

And I will also post images if you do not want to read because your lazy,  your head hurts for some strange reason or some other reason...  :shock:

Thank-you and remember to ask questions if you have a problem.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 02:27:59 AM by Neavea »

Offline WK97

• On the Bright Side: You came close to your record for damage healed as Medic
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 10:34:59 PM »
and this.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 05:54:47 PM by WK97 »

Offline Neavea

• Regular
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 10:36:06 PM »
Quote from: "Water Kirby"
um actually i recall no1 asking this, liar
Quote from: "From my earlier post"
So many peeps pm me on how 2 make a map after the Kirby mod...)

bah i dont want to go in a flame war with u, please stop attacking me!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Neavea »

Offline WK97

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 10:37:09 PM »
Ignore this too.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 05:54:29 PM by WK97 »

Offline Neavea

• Regular
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 10:37:47 PM »
Quote from: "Water Kirby"
ok but....COU{LD YOU POST ORIGINAL SUPER MARIO WAR TILESET I LOST IT! YES MARIO NOT KIRBY!

lol ok! ill post it into the earlier post.

EDIT: done!

Offline WK97

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 07:53:21 AM »
Ignore this.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 05:54:09 PM by WK97 »

Offline Cool_Gamer8119

• Kinda Regular
  • lol avatar gallery
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 08:26:49 AM »
lol he is right
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by cool_gamer8119 »
<Insert generic signature here> </not funnyness>

Offline MC Jimmy

• Global Moderator
  • Ain't Nothin' but a Hound Dawg
  • Pon de replay?
    • MC Productions
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 11:09:08 AM »
Original Tileset
Just resize for meduim and small.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MC Jimmy »

Offline Neavea

• Regular
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 11:11:58 AM »
Quote from: "MC Jimmy"
Original Tileset
Just resize for meduim and small.

Thats the wrong file but i updated it. Im talking about the Tileset.tls, the file used for the level editor in the "map" folder. If you dont know what im talking about look for it  :wink: .

Offline MC Jimmy

• Global Moderator
  • Ain't Nothin' but a Hound Dawg
  • Pon de replay?
    • MC Productions
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 11:14:21 AM »
I see never mind you meant the level editor. Dummy I am. :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by MC Jimmy »

Offline WK97

Re: Making a map with another mod.
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 05:55:23 PM »
Sorry for the bump, but, why is this in here? Isn't it obsolete with the release of 1.8?