Author Topic: [MOD] [COMPLETE] Super Cat Wars (A Super Cat Tales Mod)  (Read 6094 times)

Offline Jaden1291 the Toad

[MOD] [COMPLETE] Super Cat Wars (A Super Cat Tales Mod)
« on: September 04, 2019, 10:38:17 AM »

A Super Cat Tales Mod for Super Mario War 2.0
by Jaden1291 the Toad aka. Hexelectron/FutureNyanCat (formerly agenthexagon/agentJDN)

Introduction
Hello! This is my first post on 72dpiarmy forum, and this is a development thread for my SMWar mod "Super Cat Wars."

What is Super Cat Wars? It changes every aspect of Super Mario War into the style of Super Cat Tales and the Neutronized game universe in general. Super Cat Tales is one of my recent favorite games, and I had the idea of making this mod in a long time since the first time I created the skins for characters Alex, Olli, and Shinji, and modifying the music in the game to use SCT music.

I started making this mod since August 21, 2019. The mod was released on March 29, 2022.

My goal for Super Cat Wars is to make it a building block for rebuilding Super Mario War's popularity, since I'm planning to upload this mod to the Super Cat Tales and Super Mario War official communities. I hope you enjoy it!

More history regarding this mod can be found on its respective GameJolt page.

Credits
Super Cat Wars was made through the combined efforts of:
- Hexelectron
- CindyChan
- mmatyas
- AzureBerylBlue (Cat)
- RazeZX
- Wowymolly
- DonnieTheGuy (one song was used with permission)
- French Lamp Moth

Special thanks to our contributors:
- SLKitten (Annoying Meower)
- TheDream64
- Chippy (Chips the Cat)
- MrGreenman
- Procatgamer
- Bench-kun
- Akthecat
- ReallyCoolArtist

And also featuring music from SMWCentral:
- MidiGuy
- Undefinied3
- nicetas_c
- Nameless
- ThinkOneMoreTime

And a whole lot more!

Super Mario War by:
- Florian Hufsky (1986-2009)
- Two52 (Michael Schaffer)
- 72dpiarmy Community

Super Cat Tales by:
- Neutronized (Gionathan Pesaresi)
- Music composed by Rakugaki-otoko (DREAMSBELL)

In memoriam of Florian Hufsky... 1986-2009. Thank you for creating this awesome game, we all miss you so much.

Story Mode
Dark Kallio has risen above the skies of Neko Land, and has stolen the Golden Paw Trophy from the Hikari City Battle Royale Tournament. Four contestants who have reached the finals portion of the tournament have to adventure across Neko Land to take it back, while encountering new adversaries and dangerous new challenges ahead! Beware the Kardion League...

This is a World Mode featuring:
- Over 80+ maps
- A large, mostly linear world map to explore
- Key shops with shortcut warps to reach the end faster
- Chance Time shops near the endgame, try out your luck for extra points
- New boss battles, with faces new and old
- An original soundtrack, composed by Hexelectron, RazeZX, Wowymolly, and DonnieTheGuy
- A few cameos, and a whole lot more!

FEATURES
- A new, completed mod based on the Super Cat Tales series!
- One of my ambitious side-projects besides my JSAB fancomic project and a Captain Toad SMBX episode.
- 300+ skins!
- 200+ new maps!
- 50+ new tilesets!
- New Tours
- Story Mode
- Quality-of-life features and bug fixes, including the fixing of the infamous World Boss bug and the ability to toggle secrets and add up to 32 platforms to a map! (thanks mmatyas and AzureBerylBlue (Cat))
- New Music Packs featuring music from Super Cat Tales, Drop Wizard, and other Neutronized games, as well as some original compositions and crossovers.
- Crossover content - duke it out as Kirby against Dadish, or Susie & Ralsei can go head to head against Alex and Dyna Boy!
- Compatibility with SDL Mixer X by Wohlstand (thanks mmatyas and Cat), featuring support for more music file formats including SNES spc files, as well as support for OGG music loop points (as seen in Super Mario Bros. X2 and RPG Maker)

SCREENSHOTS
Disclaimer: The following screenshots are taken from dev builds prior to actual release. This is closer to the final product, but there may be some inaccuracies here.
Spoiler

DOWNLOADS
Windows:
GameJolt: https://gamejolt.com/games/supercatwars/627452
MEGA: https://mega.nz/folder/CFR1BAJZ#BDr-Bcthu8mrPS9i5A53Pw

DISCORD
A majority of updates are posted to the Super Cat Wars Community Discord. Please feel free to check it out and also discuss SCW with a growing community:
https://discord.gg/esC6dH2
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 03:57:58 AM by Jaden1291 the Toad »

Offline TheDream64

• Ye Old 72dpiarmy
Re: [MOD] [WIP] Super Cat Wars (A Super Cat Tales Mod)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 12:31:19 AM »
First

Nobody checks the forums lol
SMWar is my childhood, and I thank everyone who helped make it. :)
Currently working on a pack with all the SMW files I can find... send me anything you got! (Last updated 2022-03-31)

Offline Ganbare-Lucifer

• Regular
  • Whatever...
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 09:10:01 AM »
First

Nobody checks the forums lol

Are you sure?

Nice mod btw, this means the resurrection of SMW
Check my Stuff clicking Here!

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 06:52:37 AM »
Hey everyone! Big update! I've been working Super Cat Wars full-time, and I'm feeling confident that I might release it this year. However, a lot of updates aren't posted here on my topic, instead I've been posting them on my Discord server dedicated to the mod itself!

To get more updates on the game, check out the Discord server for Super Cat Wars mod: https://discord.gg/esC6dH2

Anyways, I'm gonna show you some recent updates I made to the game:
Spoiler
Some new backgrounds from a variety of Neutronized's games are being added to Super Cat Wars. Also, there's tons of new tilesets, including compilations from Thomas K. Young's Dadish, Dadish 2, and Super Fowlst 2!

If you haven't noticed, there's a lot of new skins added to Super Cat Wars, including ones based on crossovers like Part Time UFO, Kirby, Just Shapes & Beats, and Dadish! Check them out in action:
Piku & Niku (Pikuniku) and Cactus (Yokai Dungeon):

Vampire, Fox Lady, Ninja, and Skull-Boi (Yokai Dungeon):

Tomo & Bobo (Drop Wizard/Super Cat Tales):

Fowlst (Super Fowlst):

When the impostor is sus! :o (Among Us):

Jobski (Part Time UFO) and Helicopter, Friend, and Boat (Just Shapes & Beats):

Tilesets:
Spoiler
A lot of tilesets have been added to Super Cat Wars, making the game have over 20 tilesets in total. Here's some of them:

Mimelet:

Swap-Swap Panda/Zombie Goes Up:

Dadish 2 (Includes custom content):

Slime Labs/Slime Laboratory 2 (Warning: Contents not final):

And to top it off, here's a little surprise for our fellow 72dpiarmy folk:
Spoiler
That's right - Super Cat Wars will be having a STORY MODE!
For the first time ever, a Super Mario War mod is getting its very own Story campaign that can be played from the World Mode! Play as your favorite cast of skins as you travel across Neko Land to stop the Kardion League (led by Dark Kallio) and take back the Golden Paw Trophy and finish the Battle Royale tournament!

Here's a sneakpeek of the Kardion League's group members, posted here. More information on my Discord server!

And that's all for my post update on Super Cat Wars. No, this project is not cancelled! It's still my ongoing passion project. Now to make backups of it... *runs back to the PC*

Offline Felix-The-Ghost

• Too Much Free Time
  • 1v1 Rust
    • http://members.allegro.cc/felix-the-ghost/index.html
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 01:59:08 PM »
Pretty cute. Hope you will continue

Re: [MOD] [COMPLETE] Super Cat Wars (A Super Cat Tales Mod)
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2022, 03:59:21 AM »
SUPER CAT WARS is fully complete. Please feel free to check out the download links on the front page for more information. Thank you so much for following the mod for almost three years!

Download links (WINDOWS):
https://gamejolt.com/games/supercatwars/627452
MEGA: https://mega.nz/folder/CFR1BAJZ#BDr-Bcthu8mrPS9i5A53Pw

Offline TheDream64

• Ye Old 72dpiarmy
Re: [MOD] [COMPLETE] Super Cat Wars (A Super Cat Tales Mod)
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2022, 03:22:27 PM »
Finally, we have a thing. Instead of nothing, which we usually have. Awesome   ;D
Time to play...
SMWar is my childhood, and I thank everyone who helped make it. :)
Currently working on a pack with all the SMW files I can find... send me anything you got! (Last updated 2022-03-31)