Author Topic: Super Mario War Video I Made  (Read 409 times)

Offline RedMail

Super Mario War Video I Made
« on: December 12, 2016, 01:04:59 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-WjiMV4sco

Yo! I thought it would be cool if I made a little video showing off the game that we could spread around to see if we could breathe some life into the game. It's been a while since I browsed here but I want to try and come back to make some skins and maybe backgrounds every now and then. This game gave me countless hours of fun with friends when I was younger and I wanted to share it with a steam group of mine and maybe some other video game sites, and get people to come here.

I linked the homepage of the game, forum, and smwstuff in the description. Originally it was going to be much more in depth, but I felt that it would make the video too long showing every last detial, and rather that if I showed off some action quick and let people know how anything can be customized, it'd appeal to people a lot more. Also, I thought it was more appropriate to not have an end screen or anything like that.  Wasn't the fanciest I've gotten with any of these but I thought it was neat and to the point like the game itself.

Anything I should add to the description or change?

Thanks for watching!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 01:10:54 AM by RedMail »

Offline fluffypillow

• Regular
    • smwstuff.net
Re: Super Mario War Video I Made
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 12:07:00 PM »
Nice job!
smwstuff.net
Working on: Netplay, Content hosting site, asm.js port

Offline Felix-The-Ghost

• Too Much Free Time
  • 1v1 Rust
    • http://members.allegro.cc/felix-the-ghost/index.html
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 02:57:13 AM »
Man I wish this trailer was out 4-8 years ago...  :'(

Offline RedMail

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 06:03:07 PM »
Glad you guys liked it. I've been trying to spread it around a bit on some websites and increase traffic here. I think the game could get a litle more traffic if we posted this around some discords or image boards. Either way, I might make some more videos of this in the future, and I'll be posting some skins and backgrounds in the coming weeks here and there. I have a few planned so far. I might be able to do some more after Christmas.

I saw the "Can we bring Super Mario War back to life" thread, and was wondering if maybe moving to a discord might help keep things active since people would always be logged into it whenever they're also in whatever discord rooms they frequent and would be reminded to check in a little more.

At the same time, I get why people wouldn't want to leave here, especially out of respect. Just throwing a couple ideas out there.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 01:36:30 AM by RedMail »

Offline toastastoast

• i'm a witch
    • my tumblr
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 07:50:52 PM »
God I'd love it if this game could get some sort of revival... I'd do anything to get this game more attention. If only.

:'(