Author Topic: Built-in Game Help and controller question  (Read 433 times)

Offline mapsking

Built-in Game Help and controller question
« on: October 16, 2016, 01:16:10 PM »
I was just thinking about this game, I've had it, and played it with my 3 kids for as long as I can remember, and love it.  However, for a long time, I didn't even really know a help file existed, it is not mentioned in the game anywhere I am aware of, and one day I was browsing with announcers or music or something, and I noticed the help file in the folder.  I actually read through the entire thing, and as there are so many options in terms of gameplay, without reading it, there is a lot of confusion just from playing.  Some things are intuitive, some menu settings and game adjustments can actually be quite confusing.  I know it might be some work, but would it be possible to implement a help section into the game?  I'm sure it could be made to look incorporated, and I'm sure there are more creative people than me who might have good implementation ideas, and ways to get the message across, but possibly simplify what changes actually do?

On a side note, I use four Xbox 360 controllers, and I notice if I leave the game, and then later plug/unplug controllers and play the game, the controls can be a bit confusing, as the game remembers which controller is assigned to which player.  However, if I play the game, and play it a month later, and just plug one or two controllers in, if it happens to be the same usb location as the last time, great, if not, then I can't control anything, and have to go manually set it up again.  Is there a way to make it automatically detect every time?

Thanks, Mapsking

Offline Felix-The-Ghost

• Too Much Free Time
  • 1v1 Rust
    • http://members.allegro.cc/felix-the-ghost/index.html
Re: Built-in Game Help and controller question
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 02:02:00 AM »
Quote from: mapsking
Some things are intuitive, some menu settings and game adjustments can actually be quite confusing.

Anything in particular?

Quote from: mapsking
Is there a way to make it automatically detect every time?

Could you describe, in detail, the behavior you would expect?

"Official" development has ceased since the tragic passing of Florian and the disappearance of Two52. Unofficially fluffypillow is working on an update for the game. Maybe (s)he could implement some changes you have suggested.