Author Topic: Item Control Through Level Editor  (Read 1594 times)

Offline GaM3r2Xtreme

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
Item Control Through Level Editor
« on: March 07, 2015, 03:10:29 PM »
I was trying to recreate a map I found and would like to know if it is possible to control what items can pop out of item blocks and how frequent they come out through the level editor. I know items can be controlled in the options menu from the main game, but I was curious to see if there is a map override that can be used.

Offline 108Specter

• Kinda Regular
Re: Item Control Through Level Editor
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 03:25:43 PM »
Yes, you can do it. It's very simple. Put the cursor over the block and press K. It will open a window where you can edit the frequency of the items that will show up, as well as turn the block invisible if you want to

Offline GaM3r2Xtreme

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 07:22:50 PM »
Awesome, thanks for the help. Is it possible to adjust the frequency too? I was able to turn off some of the items that I wanted, but I didn't see anything in the lines of recovery time.

Offline Felix-The-Ghost

• Too Much Free Time
  • 1v1 Rust
    • http://members.allegro.cc/felix-the-ghost/index.html
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 08:10:50 PM »
You can adjust the rate at which certain items are spawned over others, but not the despawn rate itself :(

Offline GaM3r2Xtreme

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 08:40:05 PM »
Ok, so if I were to jack the item values closer to 10, items can be released at a quicker rate overall? The issue is once the box is used, it takes too long for the item box to repopulate with another item. I'm trying to spawn shells to have a throwing frenzy with only two item boxes.

Offline Felix-The-Ghost

• Too Much Free Time
  • 1v1 Rust
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 09:04:51 PM »
No, you cannot effect the rate it takes for items to spawn, just the likelihood of getting a particular item compared to another. The higher the number, the higher the chance, the lower the number, the lower the chance.

Consider ice blocks for a throwing frenzy.
It's been a while since I played but I think there is actually a frenzy mode where maybe you can customize it to drop only shells.

Offline Sir Ginger Ale

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 04:07:52 PM »
I mean, I think that's a different issue. If you want to want to only use certain items, I'm pretty sure you can just switch the others off in the in game settings. Only getting certain items from certain blocks I don't think is a thing. The K menu is the closest you'll get as far as I can recall.

Actually I just checked, K should work fine
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 04:58:27 PM by Sir Ginger Ale »

Offline GaM3r2Xtreme

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 05:41:41 PM »
Yeah, pressing K worked perfect for me. Thanks for the input. I wanted to recreate a map I found online somewhere that has a shell-fest going all over the place. I think I might just add more item blocks to the map and set the desired items on through the use of K.

Offline Sir Ginger Ale

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 01:16:30 AM »
Yeah, pressing K worked perfect for me. Thanks for the input. I wanted to recreate a map I found online somewhere that has a shell-fest going all over the place. I think I might just add more item blocks to the map and set the desired items on through the use of K.

Have you thought about using the red/ gray / blue brick blocks that you can grab that function similarity to shells?

Offline GaM3r2Xtreme

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 05:53:23 PM »
grab-able (i think thats a word) blocks would be a great idea, but do they re-spawn once they are used?

Offline Felix-The-Ghost

• Too Much Free Time
  • 1v1 Rust
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 12:23:08 AM »
No, they are depleted when used and do not respawn.
Perhaps you should look into the frenzy gameplay mode. I think you can adjust the settings there to spawn shells.