Author Topic: SMWStuff Reloaded  (Read 30700 times)

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
Re: SMWStuff Reloaded
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2015, 08:14:27 AM »
WHOOOOAAAAAAA

This is gonna take a LOT of exploring. Thank you so much!

Offline Adrian

« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2015, 02:13:24 PM »
Good job, Fluffy Pillow!

Now we are waiting for World support!  :)

Good luck!

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2015, 07:39:34 AM »
Hey Fluffy, it looks as though we've lost the ability to delete old content files. I accidentally checked the "I didn't make this" box while uploading Suplex Kirby, thought it wasn't a big deal, but have now found that I'm not permitted to delete the file. Would you mind checking on that?

Also, I'm still hankering to get the full file names back, if you can make such a thing possible in Settings. I think I prefer KingPepe_Dugtrio over Dugtrio.

Thanks!

EDIT: This isn't a bug, but I noticed that the map uploader says "Drag your skins here". Oh my god but you've got it so the site detects map features AUTOMATICALLY? This is amazing.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 02:05:47 PM by asgardreid »

Offline 108Specter

• Kinda Regular
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2015, 10:19:26 AM »
My my, what a wonderful map section! You really are bringing back the whole forum to its former glory

I second Asgard, i think i too would prefer to see the authors names on the list

Offline fluffypillow

• Regular
    • smwstuff.net
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2015, 12:21:41 PM »
I accidentally checked the "I didn't make this" box while uploading Suplex Kirby, thought it wasn't a big deal, but have now found that I'm not permitted to delete the file. Would you mind checking on that?

Hm, did that work before? I think that was disabled for security reasons, as I wrote here. But I guess it could be enabled for the real uploader of an old content.

Also, I'm still hankering to get the full file names back, if you can make such a thing possible in Settings.

Sure, and I didn't forget about the tag sorting ether :)

EDIT: This isn't a bug, but I noticed that the map uploader says "Drag your skins here".

Fixed, thanks!

2) Maybe a preview image for skins that can be used when we upload images onto the forum? (like the walking animations we have already but we can also somehow copy the link for it and use it in posts)

I can add a link that would include the whole skin sprite (IIRC this was how it worked originally on the forum). Making it animated is harder; I had some problems before with creating gifs on the server, so currently the images are autogenerated for the selected team color on the site. Actually this is faster than getting all the images individually.

I agree that it might be kinda nice to have an option to replace a skin (preserving its location/downloads/stars) rather than deleting and re-uploading a different version, but I don't know whether that's feasible...

Yes, that's a planned feature, I'm just not really sure yet what would be the best way to do it.

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2015, 12:25:11 PM »
Hm, did that work before? I think that was disabled for security reasons, as I wrote here. But I guess it could be enabled for the real uploader of an old content.
Oh, am I making things up? Well, in any case, would you mind deleting that Suplex Kirby?

Offline fluffypillow

• Regular
    • smwstuff.net
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2015, 12:53:51 PM »
Ok, done.

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2015, 01:00:41 PM »
Thanks!

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2015, 11:36:55 AM »
Hey, here's an idea that seems pretty simple. On the main page, in addition to a row for the five latest skin uploads, how about a row for five randomly-chosen skins from anywhere in the archives? Now that there are over four hundred skins to browse through, it'd be nice to give skins that are buried deep at the far end a chance for some more exposure.

EDIT: This may or may not be for selfish reasons because it seems that I can't upload skins without either 108Specter or KingPepe immediately booting me off the front page (which is every time I've uploaded this month).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 02:12:13 PM by asgardreid »

Offline fluffypillow

• Regular
    • smwstuff.net
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2015, 04:16:59 PM »
Good idea! But, instead of the main page, how about a 'Shuffle' button on the browse page? It would fill the page with randomly selected skins on every click, and actually it's a really simple feature to add.

By the way, I'll have exams in next few weeks, so development might be slow. After that, which content type would you like to see next? I have some plans for announcers (there's one with the classic Unreal Tournament voices, I really don't want to lose that), but what would you guys like?

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2015, 04:36:13 PM »
That sounds just as good! Honestly, I think both would be good features even alongside each other, but if editing the main page is less ideal then I'm happy with your other proposal.

I threw together a couple of music packs back in the day, that could be fun. It might be filesize-intensive, though.

Offline Hinatediz

• Regular
  • Whatever...
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2015, 05:22:51 PM »
What about an option that checks for Custom Background options? and can redirect to where the custom BG is located on the stuff web.

I hate getting error when uploading any custom loved map Dx
Check my Stuff clicking Here!

Offline fluffypillow

• Regular
    • smwstuff.net
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2015, 06:06:14 AM »
Update time!

- better settings menu: you can now turn on full file names
- email notification on comments
- faster loading (maybe)
- some style updates

Offline fluffypillow

• Regular
    • smwstuff.net
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2015, 06:13:55 AM »
What about an option that checks for Custom Background options? and can redirect to where the custom BG is located on the stuff web.

I plan to add a Backgrounds section, then the required BG could be auto-detected at map upload.

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2015, 11:55:48 AM »
Much appreciated re: the file names, thanks!