Author Topic: SMWStuff Reloaded  (Read 16285 times)

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
Re: SMWStuff Reloaded
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2015, 05:36:49 PM »
Oh, so you can delete files now, great! But what's the text box in "Entry Editor" for?

Offline MC Jimmy

• Global Moderator
  • Ain't Nothin' but a Hound Dawg
  • Pon de replay?
    • MC Productions
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2015, 10:52:57 AM »
Oh, so you can delete files now, great! But what's the text box in "Entry Editor" for?
Nothing yet I guess? Text disappeared after I clicked apply, unless it's like some system reference thing like, "yeah I edited this".

Offline GaM3r2Xtreme

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2015, 11:10:25 AM »
Is there an archive thread on the board we can work on transferring to the new site?

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2015, 12:32:22 PM »
Nothing yet I guess? Text disappeared after I clicked apply, unless it's like some system reference thing like, "yeah I edited this".

Oh, I can see the text on your Gooey skins now. Maybe it just took a while to come up?

Now, what would be fantastic, fluffy, and this is just about the last great feature I can think to add, would be if the search engine could search through those captions as well as through filenames. That opens up the option of using the captions to tag the images by franchise and the like. Say if every LoZ skin had the tag [Legend of Zelda], then if you searched that, you'd find every skin from that franchise, no matter its name or creator. That would be so cool and it'd be very useful for people who are, say, just huge Pokemon fans and want every Pokemon skin available. Do you think it's feasible?

Offline MC Jimmy

• Global Moderator
  • Pon de replay?
    • MC Productions
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2015, 02:28:00 PM »
Would you perhaps want this topic moved to the fanmade content forum, and stickied, so people who make stuff can notice it over there? I know we have a topic stickied from the old SMWStuff. I could probably just lock that and unsticky it, then put yours in it's place.

Offline fluffypillow

• Regular
    • smwstuff.net
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2015, 05:26:04 PM »
Today I added shareable links to every file, like this: asgardreid_BlkMage, enjoy :)

The text box is for editing the description, changes to it should be visible right after refreshing the page  (if everything's fine, you'll get a message box about this).

As for the caption search, I was planning this feature too. Originally there was a way to add categories ('tags') to files, but it was somewhat difficult to use, so I removed it. However, using simple text for this task is not a bad idea, it's easy to edit and search in it. I'll try this out next week.

Would you perhaps want this topic moved to the fanmade content forum, and stickied, so people who make stuff can notice it over there?
Sure, sounds good!
smwstuff.net
Working on: Netplay, Content hosting site, asm.js port

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2015, 05:28:54 PM »
Great, thanks! And good idea on adding shareable links.

Offline fluffypillow

• Regular
    • smwstuff.net
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2015, 07:19:25 PM »
I've added the game download page, you can reach it by the 'Get the game' button. I've rebuilt the game from source so this does not require additional DLLs. Tested on Win 7, Win XP, Debian 7.8 and Ubuntu 14.04.
smwstuff.net

Offline MC Jimmy

• Global Moderator
  • Pon de replay?
    • MC Productions
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2015, 08:52:15 PM »
I've added the game download page, you can reach it by the 'Get the game' button. I've rebuilt the game from source so this does not require additional DLLs. Tested on Win 7, Win XP, Debian 7.8 and Ubuntu 14.04.
The icons seem to be a bit misaligned on that page where the download links are.

Offline fluffypillow

• Regular
    • smwstuff.net
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2015, 12:55:02 PM »
I made it a bit simpler (less icons), looks somewhat better now.
Also added the github link.
smwstuff.net

Offline Fortis

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2015, 02:09:06 PM »

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2015, 02:36:51 PM »
If no one objects, I'm probably just gonna go ahead and create an "oldcontent" account and upload some other skins that aren't mine. I can share the password by PM if anyone else wants access.

I'd still love for the search engine to be expanded if you find the time, fluffypillow. I know you're working on a lot, though.

Offline Fortis

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2015, 03:23:02 PM »
Hey, found and uploaded the skins that I had made. For some reason, though, they're showing up with a pink outline on the website. They work just fine in game though.

Offline fluffypillow

• Regular
    • smwstuff.net
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2015, 03:33:36 PM »
Instead of manually managing a new user, I was thinking about adding a checkbox to the upload page, which you could tick in if the skin wasn't created by you. Then that skin would be automatically assigned to the oldcontent user.

I plan to add some nice features to the search engine, like better uploader search and the tag finder. But for that to work, please use the description text box of the skins, searching in the comments would probably result too many unrelated hits.
smwstuff.net

Offline GaM3r2Xtreme

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2015, 08:34:56 PM »
Just a quick FYI, the IRC site will not load as irc.freenode.net but will work as webchat.freenode.net. This should be updated on the site  under the "get the game" link when you get the chance to.