Author Topic: SMWStuff Reloaded  (Read 17085 times)

Offline 108Specter

• Kinda Regular
Re: SMWStuff Reloaded
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2016, 05:10:59 PM »
By the way, this may not be the right topic for this, but i think it's a relevant matter. I've noticed that in-game, SMW won't show two maps with the same name, even if the authors are different people. This isn't the case with the Skins.

For example, while choosing Skins, both "hazey_Pikachu" and "ym7_Pikachu" will show up. But when choosing maps, "SMW Fan_shipwreck" and "tubesteak_shipwreck" won't appear at the same time, which is something that is impossible to notice if you don't check the maps folder thoroughly. Maybe it has something to do with coding, so i suggest that this must be fixed. And while we're at it, i would also like to suggest that in the future, the Skin choosing in game worked similarly to the one used in SMWStuff, with maybe even the inclusion of tags.

Offline fluffypillow

• Regular
    • smwstuff.net
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2016, 05:53:51 PM »
Thanks, this is indeed a bug! In the code, the game removes the author part of the file name, but doesn't handle multiple maps with the same name. I've just tried to fix it, but then to my surprise, map names with 3 spaces in their names showed up with some garbage characters as name ingame. Interesting...
smwstuff.net
Working on: Netplay, Content hosting site, asm.js port

Offline 4matsy

• Regular
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2016, 06:36:57 PM »
I've also noticed that the level editor won't show two maps with the same name, even if they're in different directories; this can effectively block you from editing some of your maps if copies of them are in the "worlds" subdirectory, unless you change the name of the copies in the "maps" directory.

Offline Felix-The-Ghost

• Too Much Free Time
  • 1v1 Rust
    • http://members.allegro.cc/felix-the-ghost/index.html
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2016, 04:41:45 AM »
..That avatar is still legendary.  8)

Offline Hinatediz

• Regular
  • Crash Bandicoot Trilogy Remastered!! HYPE TRAIN!!!
« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2016, 04:46:54 PM »
Looks like someone is stealing my memes Loud House skins...

http://smwstuff.net/browse?s=@hellonintendo7
Check my Stuff clicking Here!