Author Topic: SMWStuff Reloaded  (Read 17674 times)

Offline asgardreid

• Posts Very Often
Re: SMWStuff Reloaded
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 06:47:20 PM »
Oh haha fantastic! I guess that wasn't such a big coding issue after all. Thanks a lot, that's a big improvement.

Offline MC Jimmy

• Global Moderator
  • Ain't Nothin' but a Hound Dawg
  • Pon de replay?
    • MC Productions
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 07:09:40 PM »
Very nice with the team colored thing. I can't wait to upload other stuff besides skins.

Offline 108Specter

• Kinda Regular
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 07:21:46 PM »
Excellent work! It's truly an improvement since the last resource site. But i didn't get one thing, we need to create an account specific for this site? The SMW Forum account won't work?

Offline MC Jimmy

• Global Moderator
  • Ain't Nothin' but a Hound Dawg
  • Pon de replay?
    • MC Productions
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 02:40:02 AM »
Pretty sure it was like that with the old one as well.

Offline GaM3r2Xtreme

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 09:43:27 AM »
It might be a good idea to clone the old sites to this new one to preserve the content they hold. Is this even possible to do though?

Offline 108Specter

• Kinda Regular
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 03:34:19 PM »
Strangely, i'm not receiving the registration mail. It's not even in the spam folder. And i'm pretty sure i'm not comiting any error with the address. Does anyone know what could be happening?

Offline fluffypillow

• Regular
    • smwstuff.net
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2015, 05:19:24 PM »
Fixed a bug, file names are now saved correctly at the upload.

... we need to create an account specific for this site? The SMW Forum account won't work?
The site is not connected to this forum, so you'll have to create a new account there too. It could be possible to add Facebook/Twitter/etc. login support, though that might raise some privacy issues.

It might be a good idea to clone the old sites to this new one to preserve the content they hold. ...
As far as I know, everything on the old site is lost. There are some collections of the old stuff, but I'm not sure yet how they should be handled. I would prefer if their original authors would reupload them, but of course many of them aren't active anymore. Maybe there could be and 'oldcontent' user, to which these stuff could be linked to. What do you think?

Strangely, i'm not receiving the registration mail.
According to the error logs, your email provider refused to accept the registration email. I'll send it to you in a private message.
smwstuff.net
Working on: Netplay, Content hosting site, asm.js port

Offline 108Specter

• Kinda Regular
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2015, 05:41:45 PM »
It worked now. Thanks man! I owe you one

Offline GaM3r2Xtreme

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2015, 08:23:25 PM »
The "oldcontent" user sounds like a good idea. Maybe name the user "anonymous" with a description stating content provided by this user has been uploaded without the knowledge of who created the content. You could also include if the content belongs to someone, it can be taken down and re-uploaded by that said user, if the need arises. Nice work so far fluffy. May I ask how you designed the site to begin with?

On a side note: I see you have also been working on Netplay from your signature, how has that been coming along? I would like to see if Netplay is possible to code myself, but I have been having complying issues from Visual Studio stating the SDL_mixer.h file is missing.

Offline fluffypillow

• Regular
    • smwstuff.net
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2015, 01:38:46 PM »
Pen & paper :D I draw how it should look like and what functions should be there, then started coding.
Netplay is still under development, you can find more info in this thread.
smwstuff.net

Offline GaM3r2Xtreme

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 12:40:34 PM »
Wow, you have been doing a massive amount of work on this project from the looks of the Netplay thread. When, and if you do, post the source code with the netplay included, I would love to check how you managed to provide a solution. Did you use the source code from the Source Code Repository thread when you started working on netplay?

Offline Fortis

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 05:49:19 PM »
Very nice site. Been trying to find my old skins to upload. For some reason, the files get corrupted when I save them from this forum.

Offline fluffypillow

• Regular
    • smwstuff.net
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 07:35:35 PM »
I plan to upload the source on this weekend. I've used that SVN repo as a reference, but based my work on a custom branch I found on github. I've made lots of changes to the code though, so it's a bit different now than the other repos.

Been trying to find my old skins to upload.
Have you checked the content pack in this thread? Maybe he saved your skins too.
smwstuff.net

Offline GaM3r2Xtreme

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2015, 12:58:24 PM »
Awesome, looks like I know what I will be digging into this coming weekend. I have seen those custom branches were made, but I never downloaded the code to check what has been modified. Do you plan on making another branch off of github, or starting a new SVN repo elsewhere?

Offline fluffypillow

• Regular
    • smwstuff.net
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2015, 05:23:04 PM »
I just added a little file info editor, you will find a new icon on the page of the skins you've uploaded.

Do you plan on making another branch off of github, or starting a new SVN repo elsewhere?
I'll use github, they have some nice features I'm missing on other sites.
smwstuff.net