UPDATE: Shortcut to Asgardreid's Smash Project!
Great. That's fine. I was just over here cookin' up some skins again for the first time in -- what, five years? Six years? Five -- Six years. Cool. The thing is, I've been suffering the Smash 4 fever something fierce, and what better way to ease off the hype than by pitting some Smash characters against each other in SMW? That's, uh, what I've been doing. Drawing Smash characters (along with some appealing Smash candidates) as skins and then um... yeah.
SO HERE WE GO!
I'm not going to repost every skin from my old topic
, because there are way too many and most of them weren't too hot. But I'd definitely like to bring back a few of the old gang. Beforehand, though, let's get some things out of the way:
- Mediafire zip containing all skins posted here - 85 as of July 9th
- 1.8 beta 2 compatible (I'm not making them with the Stomp Arena alpha in mind).
- All of the skins as seen below are .PNG, NOT .BMP. This is annoying and I'd rather not do it this way, but I haven't found an image uploader that 1. accepts bitmap files and 2. lets you keep the original assigned file name (as opposed to renaming it with a gibberish string like Imgur or Tinypic). You can easily and losslessly change any .png skin to a .bmp by renaming it, but you can also just download the above zip file, in which all the skins are bitmaps like they should be. Or, where applicable, you can also just click on the SMWStuff link and individually download the skin as a .bmp.
- Unlike in my old thread, I'm not planning to try to accommodate every skin request. I'll consider anything, but by far, the best chance I'll fulfill a request is if it's for a Smash character or one who would fit well in the Smash setting (like Bomberman, Black Mage, or Geno).
- I'm not really sure why I bothered specifying that. Requests?? Like three people are going to read this by the end of the year!
Well, who cares? On to the returning skins!MR. GAME & WATCHSMWStuff linkGreen team preview:OLIMARSMWStuff linkRed team preview:R.O.B.SMWStuff linkRed team preview:LUCARIO(I might revamp this guy. He's holding up okay, though.)Blue team preview:UPDATE:
I've completely revamped Lucario! See this post
for the new version.KING DEDEDESMWStuff linkRed team preview:PIT(Now Pit, I should definitely revamp. Still, he fits the Smash theme.)Yellow team preview:UPDATE:
I've completely revamped Pit! See this post
for the new version.TOON LINKSMWStuff linkGreen team preview:UPDATE:
I've completely revamped Toon Link! See this post
for the new version.TOM NOOKSMWStuff linkBlue team preview:WOLFSMWStuff linkBlue team preview:BOMBERMAN(He REALLY needs a revamp. But Bomberman would be such a fun guest fighter, I couldn't resist bringing him back.)Red team preview:UPDATE:
I've completely revamped Bomberman! See this post
for the new version.GENOSMWStuff linkBlue team preview:TORTERRA(Okay, not anyone's idea of a Smash candidate. But... I love this old skin.)SMWStuff linkGreen team preview:WARMECH(Same deal. Not really an appropriate Final Fantasy rep, but I'm very fond of this one.)SMWStuff linkGreen team preview:
And with the returning veterans out of the way... WARNING. CHALLENGERS APPROACHING.VILLAGER(My first new sprite of 2014. His stare is, um, a little unnerving.)SMWStuff linkRed team preview:UPDATE:
I've completely revamped the Villager! See this post
for the new version.LITTLE MACSMWStuff linkGreen team preview:BLACK MAGE(Loosely based on the Tactics Black Mage design, because that is the best game.)SMWStuff linkYellow team preview:PAC-MANSMWStuff linkRed team preview:UPDATE:
I've partially revamped Pac-Man. See this post
for the new version.CAPTAIN FALCON(His jump pose? The Knee of Justice, obviously.)SMWStuff linkRed team preview:ROSALINA & LUMAI think, um... I think those are stars in her jump sprite. I'm pretty sure.)SMWStuff linkYellow team preview:ICE CLIMBERS(My last and favorite new skin. The standing pose is actually adapted from a scrapped draft I had all the way back in 2008. I'm glad these little cuties got to see the light of the day. They're pretty adorable in battle, as you'll see.)
Blue team preview: