Author Topic: A Loss  (Read 1777 times)

Offline prezenith

A Loss
« on: October 24, 2013, 03:56:05 AM »
I was there pretty much at the start of all this and even now years later I still get a bit sad seeing this site.
It's been a long time since I last played SMW, guess I actually stopped playing after Florian because I never played 1.8 beta.

I do remember a contest that was held for a new game mode, anyways....I don't know any of the creators or if anyone is still around here
but this game SMW was awesome, you could have a great time with friends and family. It was so open you could change anything you didn't like, if your favorite gaming character wasn't in there you could make him/her.

Which I did, a lot, not saying I was good at it but I'd like to believe I've gotten better but now....last time I tried it (and every other time after that) it doesn't work anymore, I downloaded that .dll file it sometimes needed. Didn't help, instead it just crashes right after you press any key.

So I'll beg for you to re-release this game, v1.9 or whatever just work on windows 7, this just doesn't feel right letting the game fade out like this

Offline salkriaf34

Re: A Loss
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 08:03:20 AM »
I had the same problem on Windows 8 64bit (on Win7 32bit it works just fine). I downloaded the DLL (msvcp71.dll) and copied it to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\. Now it works perfectly.
The first link is the DLL, the second is my version of SMBWar 1.8B2.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rb0w652o6ib7v8g/msvcp71.dll
http://www.mediafire.com/download/47pzj730jo1e490/Super+Mario+War+1.8+B2.rar

Offline prezenith

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 05:23:26 PM »
NoI appreciate the help, but it still doesn't work however you brought up a good point, I have Windows 7 64bit so that'll probably the problem.
There are lots of games I can't play because I have too much RAM (-_-) you'd think that a game would actually work better. I could try to reduce my RAM via msconfig set it to only 2gigs, it would require a restart so I'll try that tomorrow.

Offline salkriaf34

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 12:17:15 PM »
I hope it works so you can play this great game again.