Alright guys, in time for NCFC, here's the alpha!
As always, here are the downloads:http://smw.supersanctuary.net/SMWSA/SMWSAalpha.ziphttp://smw.supersanctuary.net/SMWSA/SMWSAalpha.tar.gz
Also, as a note, this release requires Java 7 to run. You can get it here:http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp
New features in this release include:Menu
- We have an actual UI for the game now! It's currently rather simple, but it gets the job done.Key rebinding
- All player keys can be re-bound to different keys on the keyboard.
Window resizing - the window can be resized with the F9, F10, and F11 keys.language packs
- the game language can now be changed. (most) Displayed strings can be edited in res/lang.properties.Pausing
- the game can be paused with the escape key.Netplay
- Accessed from the main menu. Right now, it's just a simple random-map mode. Choose the IP and port of the server, pick your players, and enjoy SMW over the net!
Netplay is based on a client-server model. The netplay host can either double click the Server file to run it, or write this command in the command line (in the smw directory):
java -server -jar Server.jar
Also you can type /help for a list of commands.