Author Topic: Suggestions for Forum Software  (Read 33763 times)

Offline Felix-The-Ghost

• Too Much Free Time
  • 1v1 Rust
    • http://members.allegro.cc/felix-the-ghost/index.html
Re: Suggestions for Forum Software
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 09:19:15 PM »
Somehow I fit all those characters in before, but then it said I had exceeded the character limit and truncated the message (like the limit had been decreased, maybe before the switch)

I forgot how text sizes were before -- I see now the bbcode uses points, but somehow a lot of existing messages got transformed to spammy sizes -- is there a legacy-to-current translation you can modify to fix this automatically, or will we have to manually fix existing font-scale posts?

e.g.
http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/index.php?topic=75.0
http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/index.php?topic=10456.0

edit:looks like it might be too late -- it seems to have converted them all to 99px (not points) in existing posts.

append:spoilers tags broken with switch to spoiler tag, also adds weird code after. Looks like just a lot of stuff is different from the switch.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:23:09 PM by Felix-The-Ghost »

Offline MSX

• Posts Somewhat Often
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 12:47:03 PM »
New layout/design looks pretty dope.
Crouching Tiger Hidden Spaghetti.

Offline AK712

• Game Programmer
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 04:46:38 PM »
Looks just as good if not better than the old forums. Just wondering, is the coding for the site Java, HTML5 or something else?
AK sayz *punch*

Ever tried Sauerbraten? No game in the world has beaten it yet. Only one that has come close is Legend of Zelda.

Super Mario War v1.8 Beta 2 FTW.

Offline Ruukasu2005

• Posts Somewhat Often
  • ルーカス2005
    • RuukasuNet / ルーカスNET
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 04:41:12 PM »
Sorry for necroposting, but one feature I would like in this forum is the ability to embed objects, such as Flash Player and YouTube videos. I know the forum has been basically dead for a few years, but I thought the embed feature would help liven it up at least a little bit.
我々はアノニマス。
我々は大群です。
許しはしない。
忘れはしない。
我々を待ち受けなさい。

Offline Agastya

• Pwetty Butterfwy
  • Is probably Booman
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2016, 05:37:43 AM »
Sorry for necroposting, but one feature I would like in this forum is the ability to embed objects, such as Flash Player and YouTube videos. I know the forum has been basically dead for a few years, but I thought the embed feature would help liven it up at least a little bit.

Embedded regular flash files is pretty much never going to happen. I doubt it'd help the inactivity regardless, because you need to have active users to actually embed videos.

Sadly, I don't think anything bar a sudden new release of the game with networking is going to liven the place back up. We'll see what happens whenever fluffypillow finishes up their work.