Author Topic: Gdkn's SMW: SA Maps  (Read 7367 times)

Offline Kabukiguy

• Too Much Free Time
  • What a horrible night to have a curse....
    • http://gdkn.deviantart.com/
Re: Gdkn's SMW: SA Maps
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 06:07:37 AM »
Quote from: "Blasted Landmark"
"F-Zero - Big Blue" okay, who hasn't thought of that!? It's downright genius  :shock:
Its actually a remake of a map I did a few years ago. the general idea was to replicate the point of view seen in the smash bros games. I've always been quite fond of the map layout, so thats why i brought it back. And i'm pretty sure i'm the only guy who has ever done it like this too.

Quote from: "pikaguy900"
EDIT: I redact my statement about the F-Zero map not looking good. It's kinda growing on me now! lol The others still look great.

I'd like to see more original maps, though! I mean, recreating other games' maps is neat, but fully-custom creations are also nice, y'know?
I think i'll get around to original stuff soon enough. I've found that recreating has been extremely fun for me, allowing me to remix levels and make them fit in the map size, while using the default tiles to make them...its definitely an interesting challenge. I'd like for people to play SMW and go through the levels saying "oh wow, i can't believe they made that into a level for this!"

Quote from: "ssf"
but you know we need as many good maps to put in the game as possible, so starting out with maps that are easy and quick to make will make it that much easier to get a good amount.

besides, if i remember right, many of the maps that  came with smw before were based off of other games maps. The generally make good maps to play around on.
yeah, my favorite maps are always ones that reference other games. Like the metroid one, or immediately pressing left on the map select to get the Zelda map!

And speaking of Zelda, I've got a new map! Its really simple, but should still be fun!
"Zelda II 1-1"

Map Download
Fist with a ring on it.

Offline Hinatediz

• Regular
  • Crash Bandicoot Trilogy Remastered!! HYPE TRAIN!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 01:16:11 PM »
NICE MAPS!

Man, you should do the Classic Ice Climbers Map!
Check my Stuff clicking Here!

Offline Kabukiguy

• Too Much Free Time
  • What a horrible night to have a curse....
    • http://gdkn.deviantart.com/
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, 04:34:37 AM »
NICE MAPS!

Man, you should do the Classic Ice Climbers Map!
I wanted to do one, but i want to get more comfortable with platform placement before I try.

in the meantime heres a Donkey Kong Jr. themed map.
"Donkey Kong Jr. 1-1"

Map Download
Fist with a ring on it.

Offline MC Jimmy

• Global Moderator
  • Ain't Nothin' but a Hound Dawg
  • Pon de replay?
    • MC Productions
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, 05:32:27 AM »
Keep the neat maps rolling. I can't wait to see skins from you when we get that far.