Author Topic: SsF's Maps Area  (Read 3081 times)

Offline SsF

• Too Much Free Time
SsF's Maps Area
« on: June 10, 2012, 10:00:45 PM »
Well, I promised that when the new level editor came out for the remake of SMW, I would make maps again, so lets get started!

[smwstuff:1gs3xc07]3286[/smwstuff:1gs3xc07]

Midnight Mountain! (open spoilers for description)
[spoilers:1gs3xc07]This is basically me playing around and getting used to the new level editor.  There isn't really that much to get used to, since it is so easy to use!  I decided to remake one of my old maps, seen on my old map/skin topic, located here(sadly, since it was so old, the thread is locked)[/spoilers:1gs3xc07]

[smwstuff:1gs3xc07]3290[/smwstuff:1gs3xc07]

SMB World 1-1 and 1-2
(description in spoilers)
[spoilers:1gs3xc07]When i started this map, it was only going to be 1-1, with an extended sky.  While trying to do that, though, I thought it would be cooler to have it be split screen, with half being the above-ground 1-1, and the other half be the underground 1-2.  I honestly think it turned out nice.

Also, those clouds up there aren't just for show <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->[/spoilers:1gs3xc07]

I will continue to put more maps out there, and maybe once we know the layout for skins, i'll do that as well.

I am also open to requests, if anyone has any.

I can't wait for this game to become playable!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:02:30 AM by SsF »

Offline Kabukiguy

• Too Much Free Time
  • What a horrible night to have a curse....
    • http://gdkn.deviantart.com/
Re: SsF's Maps Area
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 10:40:41 PM »
nice looking map, i can't wait to see how the eventual moment where everyone decides to remake their old maps, its going to be awesome
Fist with a ring on it.

Offline SsF

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 10:57:08 PM »
Quote from: "GDKN"
nice looking map, i can't wait to see how the eventual moment where everyone decides to remake their old maps, its going to be awesome
Thanks. This is actually a work in progress, as I'm still learning more things about the level editor, and have since updated the map. (and yes, i know it's only been a half hour, but still...)

Offline EON8ight

• Stomp Arena Staff
  • Regular
  • Dropped the screw in the tuna
    • EON8ight's Repository
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 11:44:27 PM »
I noticed you put "SsF_" in front of the map name. A new feature we added to the editor is the map author's credit being saved into the map itself - there's no need for creator prefixes anymore. The option to enter your name is in the "Save As" window.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • Bowser Only, All Bombs, Dinal Festination
    • http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 06:03:39 AM »
Quote from: "EON8ight"
I noticed you put "SsF_" in front of the map name. A new feature we added to the editor is the map author's credit being saved into the map itself - there's no need for creator prefixes anymore. The option to enter your name is in the "Save As" window.

You're probably gonna have to come up with a filename standard that can avoid filename collisions then, as using the author's name in the filename was an easy and simple way to avoid two maps having the same filename, even if they otherwise shared the same name.

Offline SsF

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 10:55:58 AM »
Quote from: "EON8ight"
ummm actually, i didn't do that.  I just named the file how the program wanted to name the file, so in the level editor, it says "Midnight Mountain by SsF"

Offline Blasted Landmark

• Almost Regular
  • Out of the frying pan
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 09:52:10 PM »
MMMmmm, nice use of the slopes thar.

Offline SsF

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 11:45:49 PM »
Quote from: "Blasted Landmark"
MMMmmm, nice use of the slopes thar.

I had forgotten about slopes for a while after they talked about them being there, then found them while looking through the tilesets.

Honestly, I can't wait to see this map in action, it makes me tingle.

Offline SsF

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 12:02:25 AM »
being inspired by Gad's level-making from old games, here is my crack at it.

[smwstuff:2v0ou7iq]3290[/smwstuff:2v0ou7iq]

SMB World 1-1 and 1-2
(description in spoilers)
[spoilers:2v0ou7iq]When i started this map, it was only going to be 1-1, with an extended sky.  While trying to do that, though, I thought it would be cooler to have it be split screen, with half being the above-ground 1-1, and the other half be the underground 1-2.  I honestly think it turned out nice.

Also, those clouds up there aren't just for show <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->[/spoilers:2v0ou7iq]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:02:48 AM by SsF »