Author Topic: New Boards + Rules  (Read 1871 times)

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • Bowser Only, All Bombs, Dinal Festination
    • http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/
New Boards + Rules
« on: March 28, 2011, 10:28:11 PM »
Sup. Creative category. Graphical art (drawings and whatever) go into the Graphic Arts board, Programming discussion goes into the code board (since there was apparent interest in it?) and everything else generally goes into this board. No music board...yet. It'll probably be the next one coming up provided activity actually decides to show itself.

Forum rules still apply, along with a few extras:

Don't give quality control more work then they need
In other words, don't post stuff that isn't abysmal in quality. If you know it sucks, don't post it. If you don't think it sucks, but it does anyways, that's going to be an infraction against you.

Be constructive when commenting on someone else's work
"You suck" is not, by any means, constructive. Unless the person receiving said comment really deserves to be bluntly told that they're bad and nothing else, at least explain why you don't like it. This goes for the other hand too; if you like a work, telling them what exactly they did right will help them retain that good part of their work.

Do not feed the damn trolls
If someone is very clearly not being constructive, best advice I can give you is to flat out ignore them. You may use the report button, in fact, I encourage it, but otherwise do not acknowledge that they are trolling you. The best deterrent to trolls is to stop pretending they exist. Trolling gets boring easy when said person realizes it's not doing anything.

I repeat. Do. Not. Feed. The. Trolls.
Holy hell if you must argue against someone about their opinion, at least do it civilly. If someone is clearly trying to get a kick out of angering you then doing so is only going to make you as bad as they are in terms of punishment handed out. Which is to say, for every success in someone provoking another, there are two new banned people, the provoker and the provokee. Bottom line; don't do it.

Let's try to be civil with these boards now. We're human beings, not raging monkeys.

Offline MC Jimmy

• Global Moderator
  • Ain't Nothin' but a Hound Dawg
  • Pon de replay?
    • MC Productions
Re: New Boards + Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 10:56:44 PM »
I think the creativity board would be sort of empty seeing how only music and videos would probably fit into it right now. Maybe if we had people who wrote poems or stories!Also I moved some threads, hope you don't get mad.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • Bowser Only, All Bombs, Dinal Festination
    • http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/
Re: New Boards + Rules
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 01:05:00 AM »
I'm sure there's ton more "creative" stuff that isn't just related to graphics. Composing, writing, cooking, making cars out of paper...