Author Topic: How can I put fan made stuff onto the SMW?  (Read 1055 times)

Offline kristycocopop

How can I put fan made stuff onto the SMW?
« on: October 23, 2010, 11:39:43 AM »
Just as it said. I looked all over the form and the internet. Please help!
Thank.

Offline smwforever45

• Posts Somewhat Often
  • Back in action, woohoo!
    • My good old homepage!
Re: How can I put fan made stuff onto the SMW?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 07:23:20 AM »
It's self-explanatory.

Note: [main folder] stands for the folder where you've installed SMWar.

Maps go into [main folder]maps. Maps which shall only be available for tours and worlds must be packed in [main folder]mapstours.

Skins go into [main folder]gfxskins. Important: They have to be saved as BMP.

Worlds go into [main folder]worlds. Just unpack the archive you've downloaded here, everything should be working then.

Tours go into [main folder]tours. But only the text files, not its maps! Those go into [main folder]maps or [main folder]mapstours!

Music packs for worlds go into [main folder]musicworld. Just unpack the archive you downloaded there.

Music packs for everything else go into [main folder]musicgame. As with the music packs for worlds, just unpack the archive you downloaded there.

Announcers go into [main folder]sfxannouncer. Just unpack the archive you downloaded there, everything should be working then.

SFX packs (or Sound packs) go into [main folder]sfxpacks. Like with the other things, just unpack the archive you downloaded there - everything should be okay then.

GFX packs (or graphics packs) go into [main folder]gfxpacks. Unpack the archive you've downloaded here and you're done.

Tilesets go into [main folder]gfxpacksClassictilesets. There, just unpack the archive you've downloaded, and vice versa.

Filters go into [main folder]filters.

That should be everything. If there's something missing, just post it here ;)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 11:52:17 AM by smwforever45 »
My SMWar supermarket, check it out! (don't bother looking... the links are dead and so is the supermarket, I'm just keeping this here for archiving purposes)

Offline Killcrony

• More Common Poster
Re: How can I put fan made stuff onto the SMW?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 10:20:43 AM »
This is a very informational guide... >.> sticky??

Quote from: \"Felix-The-Ghost\"
Quote from: \"Psuedo\"
First Person Shooters. I\'ve pretty much figured out everything I need to know to make one, but the difficult part is making it stand out.
Make a  superb tea-bagging system. That\'s what I look for. Like Assault Cube.

Leader of the Megaman72 Support Group! Post a