Author Topic: MY FIRST SONG!  (Read 2717 times)

Offline WK97

• On the Bright Side: You came close to your record for damage healed as Medic
MY FIRST SONG!
« on: July 23, 2010, 05:41:58 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oALWxxzCiNk
[youtube:1lkbvyvs]0ALWxxzCiNk[/youtube:1lkbvyvs]
Tell me what you think

Offline Kabukiguy

• Too Much Free Time
  • What a horrible night to have a curse....
    • http://gdkn.deviantart.com/
Re: MY FIRST SONG!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 06:31:41 PM »
Pretty good for a first song, albeit generic (but hey, loops will sound like that)
I think you should try experimenting with making your own loops with a keyboard or other instrument, when I first starting making music, all I used were loops that were on the program and that I got searching the net, but making your own beats and clips not only leads to a sense of authenticity, but it usually ends up sounding better.

Keep at it, because one can only get better from here.
Fist with a ring on it.

Offline WK97

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 09:16:13 PM »
Sadly, I don't own an instrument. Unless you know of a program that contains digital instruments, or something like that.
The full version of the program I used, ACID Xpress 7, has a tool called the Ripper that lets you take a loop and basically change it up in anyway you wish, however.

Offline Kabukiguy

• Too Much Free Time
  • What a horrible night to have a curse....
    • http://gdkn.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 12:08:43 AM »
Quote from: "WK97"
Sadly, I don't own an instrument. Unless you know of a program that contains digital instruments, or something like that.
The full version of the program I used, ACID Xpress 7, has a tool called the Ripper that lets you take a loop and basically change it up in anyway you wish, however.
Fruity Loops has a piano roll, which you can take the instruments and set them as you wish in any melody you want, but FL is not really user friendly so I don't recommend trying it at this stage. I would say, if you're daring try FL and try to look up some tutorials, and also to invest in a keyboard, and some sort of way to connect it to your computer. I myself use M-Audio hardware when it comes to using outside instruments.
Fist with a ring on it.

Offline Rockerfrick

• Lots of Free Time
  • Theory of Nekomata
    • Nihilist Philanthropy
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 01:22:57 AM »
Quote from: "noitrobA"
Fruity Loops has a piano roll, which you can take the instruments and set them as you wish in any melody you want, but FL is not really user friendly so I don't recommend trying it at this stage. I would say, if you're daring try FL and try to look up some tutorials, and also to invest in a keyboard, and some sort of way to connect it to your computer. I myself use M-Audio hardware when it comes to using outside instruments.

No, it's when you tried it for some couple of tries. That's when using FL becomes easy.

Also, experimenting can be a good, but puts little risk of having your song go weird.
[smwstuff]914[/smwstuff]

New Jawbox | Map Request Thread | Old Jawbox

Thou shalt not pie if thou shalt not meal.

Offline WK97

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 08:35:42 AM »
Oh, and if it helps any, I used ACID Xpress 7.0

Offline Madosuki

• Lots of Free Time
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 01:52:03 PM »
No matter what i do it won't load for me.
Oh, come, lovely child! Come thou with me! For many a game I will play there with thee.

Offline Link901

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 02:58:23 PM »
Sounds like you took one of the music clips from Quake 3 and edited it some. Sorry, but not impressed. ORIGINAL SOUNDFILE, DO NOT STEAL

Offline WK97

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 07:48:58 PM »
Quote from: "Link901"
Sounds like you took one of the music clips from Quake 3 and edited it some. Sorry, but not impressed. ORIGINAL SOUNDFILE, DO NOT STEAL
I just used a big pack of loops from ACID's website :/
And, I've never played Quake 3.. or Quake 2... or Quake 1

Offline MC Jimmy

• Global Moderator
  • Ain't Nothin' but a Hound Dawg
  • Pon de replay?
    • MC Productions
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 07:50:57 PM »
Maybe you'll be as good as me and gad one day if you keep working on it. :wink:

Offline WK97

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 09:07:51 PM »
Quote from: "MC Jimmy"
Maybe you'll be as good as me and gad one day if you keep working on it. :wink:
haha, thanks :)

Offline WK97

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 12:40:08 PM »
I tried out Fruity Loops. It was amazing. Sadly, you cannot reopen your saved files in the demo, and I'm not willing to spend over $100 on a hobby I have. Did you guys pay for it or did you use, uhh. That word. Actually, forget it, because discussing those.. things.. is illegal on the forums.

Offline MasterLederhosen

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 12:53:06 AM »
I tried out Fruity Loops. It was amazing. Sadly, you cannot reopen your saved files in the demo, and I'm not willing to spend over $100 on a hobby I have. Did you guys pay for it or did you use, uhh. That word. Actually, forget it, because discussing those.. things.. is illegal on the forums.
Night got us a four-pack.

Offline WK97

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 07:56:21 AM »
Quote from: "MasterLederhosen"
Night got us a four-pack.

I'm trying to find out if that was sarcasm or not.

Offline Rockerfrick

• Lots of Free Time
  • Theory of Nekomata
    • Nihilist Philanthropy
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 08:54:49 AM »
That word.

Had it from there.  >:D
[smwstuff]914[/smwstuff]

New Jawbox | Map Request Thread | Old Jawbox

Thou shalt not pie if thou shalt not meal.