Author Topic: I do not know why but i felt like spriting an 8-bit DK  (Read 2305 times)

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
I do not know why but i felt like spriting an 8-bit DK
« on: June 21, 2010, 04:42:32 AM »
And i bet it's suckay

Requiescat in pace Florian Hufsky.

A great mind and creative person left our world.

Offline Rockerfrick

• Lots of Free Time
  • Theory of Nekomata
    • Nihilist Philanthropy
Re: I do not know why but i felt like spriting an 8-bit DK
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 07:57:05 AM »
Nice try :D
[smwstuff]914[/smwstuff]

New Jawbox | Map Request Thread | Old Jawbox

Thou shalt not pie if thou shalt not meal.

Offline MasterLederhosen

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 10:01:51 AM »
arms are kinda derp and the lines are a bit shabby but otherwise it's okay for a try

oh and if you're gonna make him face slightly sideways then move the right leg to the right and hide his left arm a bit

Offline Felix-The-Ghost

• Too Much Free Time
  • 1v1 Rust
    • http://members.allegro.cc/felix-the-ghost/index.html
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 08:40:44 PM »
I know this is a bump but I think that is excellent. 'Don't know why everyone tries to act 'above' other's creativeness here. 'lol nice try' 'not great but decent.' :/
I opened it in paint and added just two more 'pixels' to his left arm on the inside to make it thicker and I think it made it look better --  try it. Once again, great work.

Offline MasterLederhosen

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 03:41:13 AM »
Quote from: "Felix-The-Ghost"
I know this is a bump but I think that is excellent. 'Don't know why everyone tries to act 'above' other's creativeness here. 'lol nice try' 'not great but decent.' :/
I opened it in paint and added just two more 'pixels' to his left arm on the inside to make it thicker and I think it made it look better --  try it. Once again, great work.
are you implying i cannot have an opinion on art just because i said it wasn't great?

no image can describe my face right now

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 11:14:27 AM »
I did fix him already, by adding more than just 2 pixels ;)

Offline MasterLederhosen

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 04:16:21 PM »
looks better although his chest is still too wide

and what's with the white stuff on his limbs

it would probably look better without it but if you still want shading, just use the checkerboard style shading using the skin color

Offline Felix-The-Ghost

• Too Much Free Time
  • 1v1 Rust
    • http://members.allegro.cc/felix-the-ghost/index.html
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 08:40:16 AM »
Quote from: "MasterLederhosen"
are you implying i cannot have an opinion on art just because i said it wasn't great?

I'm talking about how you and others blatantly imply that they have done anything remotely similar to whatever they pretend to critique and talk down to as mediocre. Seriously, that has discouraged me from posting anything requiring actual effort on my part if everything anyone makes is going to be spoken lowly of regardless of its actual quality.
That and other evidently incomprehensible concepts.

Offline MasterLederhosen

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 09:48:44 AM »

I'm talking about how you and others blatantly imply that they have done anything remotely similar to whatever they pretend to critique and talk down to as mediocre. Seriously, that has discouraged me from posting anything requiring actual effort on my part if everything anyone makes is going to be spoken lowly of regardless of its actual quality.
That and other evidently incomprehensible concepts.
Alright, I think this is where of I draw the line.

For I am not going to change my opinion on this.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 09:56:44 AM by MasterLederhosen »

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 09:52:38 AM »

it would probably look better without it but if you still want shading, just use the checkerboard style shading using the skin color

i added the white lines to keep the sprite in the same style of the arcade/NES DK one, check it out via google and you'll see what I mean :)

Offline MasterLederhosen

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 10:01:00 AM »
Quote from: "General Guy"

i added the white lines to keep the sprite in the same style of the arcade/NES DK one, check it out via google and you'll see what I mean :)
Only the lines on the original sprites were skin colored, not white.

Really though, if you change their color to the skin color it should look better

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »
Quote from: "General Guy"

Only the lines on the original sprites were skin colored, not white.

Really though, if you change their color to the skin color it should look better

oh me and my semi-colorblindness *blames anything but his own sucky spriting