Author Topic: Donate to SuperSanctuary.net  (Read 4050 times)

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
  • Bowser Only, All Bombs, Dinal Festination
    • http://72dpiarmy.supersanctuary.net/
Donate to SuperSanctuary.net
« on: March 01, 2010, 10:07:07 AM »
It's that time of year again kiddies. Come this April 11th, the hosting bill on this server becomes due and being the threatened by poverty man that I am, I'm quite afraid I might not have the money for it.

Donations help. All the money goes into my paypal account which not only helps keep it alive (since I never put money into it ever) but any money that does go into it immediately goes into the hosting account which my superiors will be quick to tell you is typically empty until 10 days after the bill is already due.

Now, this isn't to say that the server is under any danger. Even if the hosting gets revoked, backing up is simple and easy. I can do it anytime. It might not even get to that point, I might still end up having the money to pay for it (provided my parents aren't trying to siphon it out of me with absurd medical bills and/or buying five couches we have no room for.) But with donations, it ensures that the hosting will stay maintained and I get to have food in my gullet which may or may not persuade me to continue coding for these forums and SMWStuff.

[donate:3bobpvcr][/donate:3bobpvcr]

This isn't required for anyone here, you can safely ignore this message and continue on about your merry way and may not even notice any sort of changes at all. This is just a friendly reminder that any help is greatly appreciated and allows me to better focus on working on improving this place, whether it's for the forums, SMW Stuff, or whatever. Hell, if you donate me a large enough sum of money, I will personally go over to your living quarters and **** your **** if you so desire.

~JJ

Offline Yoshi Skier

• Forum Moderator
  • Posts Somewhat Often
Re: Donate to SuperSanctuary.net
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 05:28:32 PM »
Just out of curiosity, how much is the bill gonna be? Just so we have an idea of what we're looking at, and what a suitable donation would be.
Florian Hufsky, 1986~2009. Hopefully now he can see how sorely he is missed and all the lives he has touched.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 06:06:24 PM »
$45, but if I happen to get roughly $10-$20 more then that before the bill is due, I was thinking about buying a new domain. Something like www.supermariowar.org or something, preferably something that isn't already taken.

Now that half of SMWar's responsibility is in my hands, I feel I should try to get it further out there. Once I buy the domain I'll likely start coding a website for it. If I do that, I might end up putting ads on it; that way I don't have to leech off donations to pay the hosting bill.

Offline MrMister

• Forum Moderator
  • Is probably Booman
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 05:36:33 PM »
I would donate some money JJames, but at the moment I don't have a working PayPal account. :(

Offline Open

• More Common Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 03:49:03 PM »
Quote from: "JJames19119"
If I do that, I might end up putting ads on it; that way I don't have to leech off donations to pay the hosting bill.
*Gasp* This is pretty much the only site I know without ads (though I know a site that allows you to hide the ads, and it works).
I would donate money, but I lack the account and stuffs to bother getting one. :(
I only have 1 request for this site if you do fix it up: better smilies (whats up with triangular chins anyways?!)
Dated 72dpiarmy projects] SMWLE (SMW Landmine Edition)
No current projects here... yet.
Free to do graphics/map requests for anyone, just PM me.

Offline Zadrave

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 02:47:55 PM »
Quote from: "Open"
If I do that, I might end up putting ads on it; that way I don't have to leech off donations to pay the hosting bill.
*Gasp* This is pretty much the only site I know without ads (though I know a site that allows you to hide the ads, and it works).
I would donate money, but I lack the account and stuffs to bother getting one. :(
I only have 1 request for this site if you do fix it up: better smilies (whats up with triangular chins anyways?!)
Needs more HTML layout options.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 06:42:48 PM »
The moment I enable HTML on this forum is the moment my server crashes and burns like a flaming meteor into the earth.

Offline Madosuki

• Lots of Free Time
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 11:57:40 PM »
I can afford to donate $10.

P.S. is that sum large enough? <_<
Oh, come, lovely child! Come thou with me! For many a game I will play there with thee.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 12:00:51 AM »
Your donation is very much appreciated!

I'm at roughly $9 at the moment (paypal taxes donations) so hopefully by the end of the month there will be enough money for me to fulfill the hosting bill.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 07:23:53 AM »
Welp, bill is due in a couple weeks and there's no donations. I have no choice but to shut the server down. Hope you guys enjoy a forumless life. See ya!

[spoilers:18lg6ybs]I actually have $40 in my bank account as of right now so if my parents don't suddenly have a heart attack and swipe it for medical bills or some crap I should be able to pay for the server on current donation(s). Another six months of webspace, hooray.[/spoilers:18lg6ybs]

Offline Madosuki

• Lots of Free Time
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 02:50:20 PM »
Welp, bill is due in a couple weeks and there's no donations. I have no choice but to shut the server down. Hope you guys enjoy a forumless life. See ya!

[spoilers:gvc2xhrc]I actually have $40 in my bank account as of right now so if my parents don't suddenly have a heart attack and swipe it for medical bills or some crap I should be able to pay for the server on current donation(s). Another six months of webspace, hooray.[/spoilers:gvc2xhrc]
I can pay like $5-10 more if you need me to.
Oh, come, lovely child! Come thou with me! For many a game I will play there with thee.

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 06:51:08 PM »
It shouldn't be necessary, thanks though.

Offline Killcrony

• More Common Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 08:41:27 PM »
chipped in 20 bucks.

because this failnoob actually gives a s**t  :)

Quote from: \"Felix-The-Ghost\"
Quote from: \"Psuedo\"
First Person Shooters. I\'ve pretty much figured out everything I need to know to make one, but the difficult part is making it stand out.
Make a  superb tea-bagging system. That\'s what I look for. Like Assault Cube.

Leader of the Megaman72 Support Group! Post a

Offline JJames19119

• Good times
  • Server Manager
  • MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 03:53:33 PM »
Yet again, it is that time of year kids.

I'm $20 in the hole with my webhost as of right now and if I don't get that $20 before October 10th, then they're shutting this place down. I would gladly pay for it out of my own pockets, but given that I'm trying to support a family here and I'm bordering on poverty, I can't see this happening very easily.

Help is always appreciated! There's a nifty little donate button at the top of this thread where you can pitch in. Every cent helps; all proceeds always go straight to paying for the server. Any overflow from this paying cycle goes into the next one. I'm sorry I haven't been doing much work to help this site or SMWStuff recently but things are rather hectic, I hope you'll understand.

Offline MrMister

• Forum Moderator
  • Is probably Booman
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 04:45:04 AM »
Hooray it's October 13th and we're not dead in a sense! 8)